Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

General Mayhem

Just rode it today for the first time... it was simply okay. Especially when you compare it to FoP it's just okay. I felt like I was back at Disney Quest playing one of their interactive simulators and not going on an actual ride. Also the video and audio kept cutting out to the point where the child in front of me yelled "This game lags!" I just feel like it was a lot of effort put into something that comes across as "Meh".

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just rode it today for the first time... it was simply okay. Especially when you compare it to FoP it's just okay. I felt like I was back at Disney Quest playing one of their interactive simulators and not going on an actual ride. Also the video and audio kept cutting out to the point where the child in front of me yelled "This game lags!" I just feel like it was a lot of effort put into something that comes across as "Meh".

This perfectly describes my opinion when I got off of Smuggler's Run last week. I honestly prefer Star Tours over it.

Furiated

Has anyone had any luck with the datapad in the Hondo area and before you get on the Falcon?

Is it supposed to do anything in those areas? Outside of that one mission in the datapad that has stuff to do in parts of the queue, I didn't think there was anything else to hack or use the datapad on while in line.

rle4lunch

35 minute standby at noon in Anaheim.

That was... interesting. Will chat later.

Just did MF yesterday at DL. 35-55 minute wait all day. Low times were early morning and right after lunch. Wait times across the park were low on average tho, so I can't say that GE is failing, but attendance overall is just down.

trainplane3

I did the Falcon a couple days ago.
Pros:
- The line moves very fast. Waited almost an hour while the sign out front said 65 minutes.
- Lots of detail in the queue. Never got too bored. The PA announcements were fun. As someone that loved Hondo in the shows, it's great hearing his voice in the queue with the same exact attitude as the shows ("What's your name? Tell me, I won't get mad. Promise, my friend!" (in a monotone voice))
- The "waiting room" was neat even though I got about 2 minutes of actual roaming time in it.
- Action packed(?), unique-ish ride.

Cons:
- While fun, it feels like it's lacking something.
- Friends agreed since we did it once, they wouldn't wait over 45 minutes absolute max for it. They compared it to M:S but the buttons did stuff and your lunch won't come up easily.

I'll agree with my friends that I wouldn't wait more then 45 minutes for it. It's fun and having a good group definitely adds to the overall experience. It...needs more...something?

...I think I enjoyed the Skyliner more...

Last edited:

rle4lunch

When I get over this jet lag!

First time riding it, definitely saw the glitches and lag time of basically playing a full motion video game. I was left with a "fun, but definitely not worth an hour wait time." Not necessarily a must do every visit, that's for sure. The queue and attention to detail are awesome though. Avatar land detail. Hondo was impressive as well.

trainplane3

I don’t understand how the queue can be seen as detailed and entertaining.

Can someone elaborate?
Honestly probably because it was moving consistently. If I was stuck staring at the same wall for 30 minutes it'd be far less interesting. I wouldn't call it entertaining but I never got bored.

If I waited 2 hours? I'd go stir crazy, say screw it, and walk to Epcot.

Jones14

I don’t understand how the queue can be seen as detailed and entertaining.

Can someone elaborate?
I don’t know, I just had fun in the queue. The PA voiceovers, animated engine, second story views of the Falcon, Hondo, and then the chess room all felt like they piqued my interest. It’s not enthralling in every single part of the line, but I don’t feel that way about any queue I’ve waited in.

I will say that the last time we were there the engine seemed much more animated (both with the lighting effects and movement) than the first time, so I think they might have messed with the programming to make it more interesting to watch.

techgeek

Question I haven’t been able to find a answer for: is it possible for a non-rider to go though the entire queue and duck out from the chess room?

My wife suffers from motion sickness and does not do simulators, but I think she would enjoy going with me though the line and stepping on board the falcon, if she knew there was a chicken-out before takeoff.

Mickeyboof

Question I haven’t been able to find a answer for: is it possible for a non-rider to go though the entire queue and duck out from the chess room?

My wife suffers from motion sickness and does not do simulators, but I think she would enjoy going with me though the line and stepping on board the falcon, if she knew there was a chicken-out before takeoff.

Of course. This is an option on every single Disney ride.

Texas84

I don’t know, I just had fun in the queue. The PA voiceovers, animated engine, second story views of the Falcon, Hondo, and then the chess room all felt like they piqued my interest. It’s not enthralling in every single part of the line, but I don’t feel that way about any queue I’ve waited in.

I will say that the last time we were there the engine seemed much more animated (both with the lighting effects and movement) than the first time, so I think they might have messed with the programming to make it more interesting to watch.
I enjoyed the queue. Even thought there wasn't enough time to explore. Lots of space junk, helmets, lockers, weapons, a game table, and even a box of Coke product thermal detonators. I'm sure someone out there has lists of all the stuff they found.

flyerjab

Finally got to ride this and was not blown away by it (the Hondo AA was incredible though!). I was an engineer and decided that I would really try to pay attention to my tasks. Well, I paid attention to the point that I really didn’t get to see the action on the screen that much. Also, we basically got into the Falcon and wanted to look around. Well, they asked for a random group of two so we raised our hands. We were immediately rushed into the cockpit so we didn’t get to explore like I had hoped. You can tell that this is not the headliner attraction for this land. It was sort of fun, but for me, I can see why FoP would be a longer wait time. Now having said that, I fully expect RotR to be a mind blowing experience. December can’t come soon enough.

SplashJacket

Yes, my party of 4 had one person who gets motion sick by almost nothing. (He got sick on E.T. at Universal Studios.) We rode the ride three times, the first he left before boarding, but I would recommend telling them you are going to leave in the chess room and not after they call your color. The second ride he was going to take the chicken exit again, but ultimately decided to stick it out, at least once, just to see the new ride. And he walked off perfectly fine! Ultimately the decision is up to her, it would affect everyone differently, but from the people I have talked to, motion sickness is not a problem.

techgeek

Yes, my party of 4 had one person who gets motion sick by almost nothing. (He got sick on E.T. at Universal Studios.) We rode the ride three times, the first he left before boarding, but I would recommend telling them you are going to leave in the chess room and not after they call your color. The second ride he was going to take the chicken exit again, but ultimately decided to stick it out, at least once, just to see the new ride. And he walked off perfectly fine! Ultimately the decision is up to her, it would affect everyone differently, but from the people I have talked to, motion sickness is not a problem.

Thanks that’s very helpful!

I have a pretty good idea of what she can handle and usually scope it out for her myself first, to help her make a decision. The motion can be a component, but often it’s the visuals. She has an issue with the circlevision films, for instance, and can’t play a first person perspective video game for any length of time. She may well get caught up in the excitement of it and give it a shot, at least once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom