Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mickeyboof

I have just finished listening to Black Spire...and WOW does it add to Batuu. If you like me, loved Black Spire Outpost and wanted to learn more about the inner working and politics as well as some cool details I cannot recommend it enough. It has hyped me up for Rise even more than I was before...this queue is going to be incredible. The ending of Black Spire literally ends (I imagine) a few minutes before the attraction. After listening to this novel... there is no way that Vi doesn't show up at least in the queue of the attraction. It really ties everything together as well as answer questions as to how this all connects. Give it a read or a listen!

Sigh. Wish I didn’t have to read a YA novel to be hyped for this land.

Some things should be inherent and learned through physical and tangible moments in the land itself.

RaveOnEd

Some things should be inherent and learned through physical and tangible moments in the land itself.
I agree. They try this move with Star Trek as well, more recently. It’s a neat idea to merge different forms of media to “enhance” the experience, but I more want things to be standalone and develop on their own.

erasure fan1

I'm not trying to be disrespectful and mean this in a nice way. That being said, you do realize using the same characters over and over again is a bad idea for a franchise right? If the "fans" are that resistant to new characters before the series is even out...they aren't fans. Recycling old characters over and over again doesn't translate to better stories if the creators couldn't branch out we wouldn't have Star Wars in the first place. Oh, and Fav has said that he wanted to use new characters in the first place. So I am not really understanding your point.

Now that my rant is over back to staying ON TOPIC. Since this is a thread about RISE OF THE RESISTANCE and not the franchise as a whole.
And no disrespect to you but you kind of missed the point. If you are going to do new characters, how about, ummm, NEW characters. Not some knock off of fan favorites. Yes he did say something about new characters. But my point on that was I believe he wanted to make it about Boba and Disney said no, probably because of the movie that was all but officially announced. Do you really think he would actually come out and say he wanted to do something but Disney wouldn't let him? No, he's going to tow the company line. Lastly, you are flat out wrong with your view of fandom. Someone can be just as big a fan of star wars, even if they don’t like the sequel era content or the prequels. That is the problem with the fans, more so than the negativity. I can respect when someone likes one part of the saga and another, not so much. But saying that because you don't like a part of the saga, you're not a real fan, that's a bit elitist in my opinion.

Jones14

I do feel that the land gives you an idea of what’s going on by itself, though, even through the layout. The First Order’s setup is in the town proper and the Resistance is out in the woods, which gives you an idea of where the leadership of the town leans as far as allegiances go.

The Falcon’s sitting out in the open, though, so clearly The First Order isn’t steamrolling the area at the moment, which means they must not have total control over the town yet. None of that’s from a book (I’m sure it’s in them still), just from how things are placed.

I will say that I wish some of the intricacies and details were in those little guide apps you get at the entrance (such as the history of the town, a short overview of the new characters like Vi, Oga, Savi, etc), but I think the broad strokes are there.

_caleb

Trust me...yours is not an uncommon view. To me, Pandora is a giant mossy waste of money based on a dippy flash-in-the-pan flick that Iger mistakenly thought might be a great counter to Universal's Potterland. Hahahah what an idiot.

And yes, Disney ruined Star Wars, but so did its fans, because they just HAD to have more Star Wars even after those dreadful prequels came out. The idea that the franchise could continue when its best characters were left out of the new films (or killed off) was ridiculous. What was left, a bunch of sidekicks and hardware? Beware, all who want played-out franchises to go on: if said franchises don't produce stuff that is monumentally lesser than the original, they'll get infested with PC SJW wokeness. Support the continuance at your peril.
This post is very dramatic.

Surferboy567

And no disrespect to you but you kind of missed the point. If you are going to do new characters, how about, ummm, NEW characters. Not some knock off of fan favorites. Yes he did say something about new characters. But my point on that was I believe he wanted to make it about Boba and Disney said no, probably because of the movie that was all but officially announced. Do you really think he would actually come out and say he wanted to do something but Disney wouldn't let him? No, he's going to tow the company line. Lastly, you are flat out wrong with your view of fandom. Someone can be just as big a fan of star wars, even if they don’t like the sequel era content or the prequels. That is the problem with the fans, more so than the negativity. I can respect when someone likes one part of the saga and another, not so much. But saying that because you don't like a part of the saga, you're not a real fan, that's a bit elitist in my opinion.

Your right...I probably came off a little harsh in my initial post. However I don’t think that the mandalorian (whatever his name is) is a rip off of Fett. He’s a totally different thing, mandalorians as a race are kind of known for this type of behavior so I don’t think it’s a “knock off”. Again, though we are getting off topic again...

Surferboy567

I do feel that the land gives you an idea of what’s going on by itself, though, even through the layout. The First Order’s setup is in the town proper and the Resistance is out in the woods, which gives you an idea of where the leadership of the town leans as far as allegiances go.

The Falcon’s sitting out in the open, though, so clearly The First Order isn’t steamrolling the area at the moment, which means they must not have total control over the town yet. None of that’s from a book (I’m sure it’s in them still), just from how things are placed.

I will say that I wish some of the intricacies and details were in those little guide apps you get at the entrance (such as the history of the town, a short overview of the new characters like Vi, Oga, Savi, etc), but I think the broad strokes are there.

It tells you what you need to know on it’s own but that piece of lore that the book adds is so invaluable. I don’t want to give much away but you are correct in assuming that it’s in the book. You would also be surprised where the BSO’s allegiances lie.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Your right...I probably came off a little harsh in my initial post. However I don’t think that the mandalorian (whatever his name is) is a rip off of Fett. He’s a totally different thing, mandalorians as a race are kind of known for this type of behavior so I don’t think it’s a “knock off”. Again, though we are getting off topic again...
Boba Fett first appeared in the holiday special before empire strikes back came out. anything that looks like him after the fact is a knock off despite "mandalorians as a race" extended universe stuff.

Surferboy567

Isn't Boba Fett the prototype for clones that end up being the storm troopers? He's the only real one person? All others are clones?

Sorry I haven't paid much attention to the SW character stories I'm sure someone here will have something to say about all this. LOl.

...I guess I’m that guy.

Clones are based off the genetic makeup of one Jango Fett. Jango asked for one thing in return a clone of himself he could keep and raise as his own. He then named this unaltered clone of himself Boba Fett.

While some clones were stormtroopers. Most of the empire’s army were made up of just general people. Some clones did go on to serve the empire but it was only a few, and the empire for its stormtroopers mostly employed humans under the armor (empire favors humans and mostly looks down on other alien species).

Hope this cleared things up for you.

Surferboy567

Usually I don’t like to ping insiders but...@SWGalaxysEdge do you know if their are TWO holograms in the queue room? Rey and Vi? Or is it just Rey (which I’m fine with). Makes too much sense to not have Vi around.

Edit: @SWGalaxysEdge (not sure why it didn’t work initially)

Mickeyboof

Veryyyy broad strokes.

I didn’t even think about how it makes no sense in the immersive™️ land that stormtroopers are walking by the falcon, too dumb to realize the Resistance is basically that ship.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Veryyyy broad strokes.

I didn’t even think about how it makes no sense in the immersive™️ land that stormtroopers are walking by the falcon, too dumb to realize the Resistance is basically that ship.
To be fair, Storm Troopers have never been very bright but there is no excuse for Kylo not to recognize the ship when he is walking around Batuu.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Just thought of something, why don't they have the storm troopers or Kylo walk around the cantina looking for rebel errrr resistance spies? Those are walkaround characters they already have in the land, have them stop by and interogate people as they are having some expensive drinks?

Jones14

Veryyyy broad strokes.

I mean, they know it’s *the* ship. We heard Kylo asking some people if anyone had seen Rey/Chewbacca near it as we walked by, but it’s not gonna do them any good to blow it up if no one’s on it.

That’s just a dragon on top of Gringotts situation, though; if you think about it too much, the logic falls apart, but they knew it’d be a killer photo op so they did it anyways.

Edited to add: thinking about it more, is this not the case with any IP land though? Unless you do your research beforehand, it’s not immediately clear what part of the story you’re meant to be in until you start exploring, and even then you don’t get the details without talking to a cast member or reading ancillary info.

You have to ride Flight of Passage to find out that the Avatar land is set way after the movie. Diagon Alley is set in a different time than Gringotts, which is in a different time than Forbidden Journey, none of which is immediately clear until you start thinking about which characters are and aren’t showing up (or alive) in each area.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom