News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Chris767

zmm0BrK.jpg

Such a weird view

I imagine that they are gonna build temporary walkways (ala DCA refurb) that take you behind innoventions west or east( like this would drop guests next to Nemo) and then eventually, maybe when spaceship earth closes, they’ll just completely block off the middle area between innoventions and do the full demo, regrading, leveling work

Last edited:

jt04

Wondering that myself. Don’t know if it’ll just be something like an equipment/materials holding area or what.

This is a long term project, upwards of 5 or 6 years. Almost nothing won't receive an upgrade. This could be something as simple as a walking path for the World Nature overlay. Or a new building on the scale of Oddessy. IMO.

nickys

Premium Member
nobody's said why they put construction walls up between Imagination and the Land ? what are they planning on doing in that area :bored:

I take it this is the area you were referring to @DisneyDreamerxyz?

Unless there are extra paths going in behind the water feature thing, I guess it could be an access area. I think the backstage road runs behind there, so maybe they’ll store equipment there and then have a gateway they can use at night to build the water feature.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I take it this is the area you were referring to @DisneyDreamerxyz?

Unless there are extra paths going in behind the water feature thing, I guess it could be an access area. I think the backstage road runs behind there, so maybe they’ll store equipment there and then have a gateway they can use at night to build the water feature.

This is what I am thinking. They are going to need to bring a lot of equipment into that side of the park for the demolition and to build the new festival center and water feature, so a temporary access path would make sense. The I-beams in the picture @HauntedMansionFLA posted appear to be there to block equipment that is to tall to go under the monorail beam.

trainplane3

Are we thinking they'll pave over the fountain of nations and move those walls back to help with traffic over the holidays? Or would that make too much sense?
I was thinking that but I have no real knowledge of how they'll go about doing this project. The walls would still have to be a ways out from CC West because of demo work.

Bio did a little edit:

And for that high-res goodness:
EIfdvxFWoAAlPbs.jpg:orig

I feel the size is still off a bit. Should be a touch bigger maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom