News New Parade: Magic Happens

mickeyfan5534

So with all the controversy happening with Todrick Hall, with a bad history of paying people being a racist, And feeling himself as a white gay, Do you think this will effect the partnership with Disney?
I feel like it's too far along to change things so they'll probably downplay his part in the parade's development and just go along like nothing is wrong unless it is true and it's bad enough to justify the delay that a change in music would need depending on how far they are into rehearsals and recording.

bshah365

On a different note, does anybody have any guesses/ideas on how exactly they will make Aurora's dress change colors before our eyes?

Disneylover152

I feel like it's too far along to change things so they'll probably downplay his part in the parade's development and just go along like nothing is wrong unless it is true and it's bad enough to justify the delay that a change in music would need depending on how far they are into rehearsals and recording.

To be honest I think if it was bad enough that they would change the music, they would probably just take a pre-existing parade song and change a few lyrics.

mickeyfan5534

To be honest I think if it was bad enough that they would change the music, they would probably just take a pre-existing parade song and change a few lyrics.
My thoughts exactly. I could see a version of Magic Everywhere from Paris being used if they decided to ditch Todrick Hall and there wasn't time for a new song to be written. But like I said, they'll probably just downplay Todrick's involvement and continue as normal.

TP2000

This article sums it up:

If you want a good laugh and a lesson in shady Hollywood dealings read this Twitter thread from one Todrick's dancers.

He's pretty much the person I always assumed he was.

Yeah, he seems to be playing his part of bitchy LA diva perfectly. At least he knows what his role is. :cool:

As I read that long Twitter feed, I could only think "And this type of behavior is shocking to those in LA's entertainment industry how exactly?"

Animaniac93-98

They haven't erased John Lasseter's name from all the movies he worked on, I doubt they're going to do anything about Tod's involvement with the parade. He may not work for Disney again, but they'll keep his song.

Ismael Flores

On a different note, does anybody have any guesses/ideas on how exactly they will make Aurora's dress change colors before our eyes?

They had a costume change like that in one of the parades recently. The costumes dancers would pull the waistline and the pleated skirt would change design, think of something like a window blind that has two different side to it. I am sure they could rig something up like that for the bottom section of the dress not sure how the upper one would work. It could also be a digital prop that is not really worn by the Princess but instead she is placed inside of it with only parts of her body sticking out

brb1006

I bet it will have a rock with a sword in it. Maybe even Gandalf will be on the float?
It's Merlin, you're going to blow me to Bermuda!
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom