News New Parade: Magic Happens

D.Silentu

Depending on which interpretation you subscribe to, James Bond/007 is a moniker designated to several different MI6 spies over time to create the legend of a super agent and spread operational subterfuge in the intelligence world. That is one backstory anyway, doesn't catch my fancy but all are fun.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I'm aware, just wish Disneyland and WDW could at least shine some spotlight on their lesser-known films of the past instead of just focusing only on the Renaissance Era (Especially The Little Mermaid and Aladdin) and some of their newer films. As a result, the parades became predictable when it comes to which film or characters will show up. It's a different story at some of the overseas parks which gives some love to Disney's lesser-known and obscure films and characters. So I decided to use Tokyo as an example of a perfect blend between older and new instead of just only being about Disney's success of the late 80's (1989) and 1990's and their recent hits.

But seriously, the news of a float for "The Sword In The Stone" caught most of us off guard. Plus we have yet to see concept art, and getting a first look at King Arthur's park appearance. If anything, I'm surprised they hadn't given any love to Bambi at this point (considering Thumper returned to the parks along with Miss Bunny. Sadly Flower hasn't returned).
I somewhat agree with you that US version of Disneyland and Disney World have been lacking classic characters lately, especially for parades. And Tokyo Disneyland is doing a good job at it. But, take a look at the bright side, at least this parade gave Sword In The Stone some more love, like Soundsational did for Three Caballeros. Also, the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio is going to be in it as well. Probably she might be with Pinocchio.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I somewhat agree with you that US version and Disney World have been lacking classic characters lately, especially for parades. And Tokyo Disneyland is doing a good job at it. But, take a look at the bright side, at least this parade gave Sword In The Stone some more love, like Soundsational did for Three Caballeros. Also, the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio is going to be in it as well. Probably she might be with Pinocchio.

With Disney+ rolling out soon what will be essentially be the entire Disney Animation Studio catalog I expect the demand for "classic" film character appearances at the US parks to increase over time, assuming the service is a success. Brace yourselves for the coming onslaught.

Suspirian

With Disney+ rolling out soon what will be essentially be the entire Disney Animation Studio catalog I expect the demand for "classic" film character appearances at the US parks to increase over time, assuming the service is a success. Brace yourselves for the coming onslaught.

just the other day I was thinking about how Disney+ could give IPs that flopped in theaters a second shot at being in the parks :/

TsWade2

Interesting.
just the other day I was thinking about how Disney+ could give IPs that flopped in theaters a second shot at being in the parks :/
Double interesting.

Phroobar

No it won't. Parades will continue to concentrate on the TLM group and some recent movies. We are never going to see a Robin Hood or 101 Dalmatians dedicated float. A Black Caldron float would seriously kick .

raymusiccity

I totally believe that one.
So we have
Merlin
Mary Poppins
Genie
Snoopy

Some people think James Bond is Time Lord since he never ages but changes appearance.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophen...l-characters-that-could-totally-be-time-lords
Photographic proof that Iron Man is a Time Lord, and has been reincarnated as Dr. Doolittle! :oops:
IMG_0015.JPG

D

Deleted member 107043

No it won't. Parades will continue to concentrate on the TLM group and some recent movies. We are never going to see a Robin Hood or 101 Dalmatians dedicated float. A Black Caldron float would seriously kick ***.

Don't underestimate Disney. The primary purpose of the parks is to promote, and therefore profit from, live IP experiences. Maybe we'll never see a parade float dedicated to Robin Hood, but rest assured there will be a Robin Hood something at the parks if there's a big enough resurgence in the film's popularity.

D

Deleted member 107043

Or a gift shop, or a special promotion, or a dining location, or a character breakfast, or a meet & greet, or a hotel suite, and on and on ad infinitum.

Phroobar

I found this video of Disneyland's Christmas Parade taken sometime between 1978-1983 where they had a Robin Hood section featuring Maid Marian (She hasn't been seen at the parks in decades). Also Uncle Remus from Song Of The South is featured here.

That parade is about a hundred times better than anything we get now. It even has REAL DOGS!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom