News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

ImperfectPixie

For the benefit of those like yourselves, I am pleased that they are going to continue displaying the pictures, possibly even enhanced a little. I am aware that, especially in your particular case, it creates a lot of happy memories. However, there were only a few thousand people that purchased them and when you compare that number to the number of people that enter the park every single day, it really is better to move them and beautify the entire location for the benefit of all. I don't have one of those, but, I am curious as to where they are going to put them. Hopefully, in a good spot where they will be displayed with respect and class.
We have one, and I was never a fan of the monoliths. There are much prettier ways to display people's pics.

Admiral01

Premium Member
F39D4586-425D-4850-A4AC-315C793D5433.jpeg
01223988-FB06-4235-822F-26ED5F3274A1.jpeg
55979437-3CD9-4A8E-A4B8-9638418B0C16.jpeg

We used the new entrance yesterday. I really liked it. Great use of the EPCOT monorail station extended platform.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

ImperfectPixie

If it's funny looking, then that is usually the cue that it's not normal.

The presumed missing descriptor isn't 'a", it's 'all". It's meant to direct a crowd.
This kind of grammatical error makes me crazy. "Guest Entrance" is correct. "Guest without Bags" is incorrect. Someone copied and pasted and didn't read through what they were doing (which is an easy enough mistake to make, but is also why I implemented an in-house proofing stage).

G00fyDad

If it's funny looking, then that is usually the cue that it's not normal.

The presumed missing descriptor isn't 'a", it's 'all". It's meant to direct a crowd.

I meant that it may be funny looking to others, not me. To me it makes perfect sense. Guest with bags / Guest without bags

I do not take a bag into the parks so I would stand in the "guest without bags" line. But, I understand how some people see this and get confused. Please don't mistake my comments as condescending. It isn't an intelligence thing that I am talking about. Just a perception thing.

Monorail_Orange

Alternative theory: given the custom typeface, perhaps they only have room for x number of characters, and "Guests Without Bags" was x+1. So the choice became "Guest Without Bags" or "Guests W/out Bags"?

Goofyernmost

This kind of grammatical error makes me crazy. "Guest Entrance" is correct. "Guest without Bags" is incorrect. Someone copied and pasted and didn't read through what they were doing (which is an easy enough mistake to make, but is also why I implemented an in-house proofing stage).
So we complain when we are not treated as individuals and complain when we are because something that is right just "doesn't sound right to us". It is correct either way. One is herd mentality and the other is speaking directly to individuals. I'll take "Guest" every time, then they are talking directly to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I meant that it may be funny looking to others, not me. To me it makes perfect sense. Guest with bags / Guest without bags

I do not take a bag into the parks so I would stand in the "guest without bags" line. But, I understand how some people see this and get confused. Please don't mistake my comments as condescending. It isn't an intelligence thing that I am talking about. Just a perception thing.

@ImperfectPixie has the right idea. In the phrase "Guest Entrance", the word 'guest' is being used as an adjective (happens a lot in English, like Eiffel Tower or pedestrian crossing). Adjectives rarely are declined in the plural form (look at the yellows flowers!). Another way of constructing a similar sentiment is to create an adjectival form for 'guest', such as 'Guestal Entrance'.

In the phrase "Guest without bags", it is usually understood that since "guest" is being used as a noun, then the noun should be declined to take the plural form, "guests."

However, you, @G00fyDad, are interpreting the whole phrase as an adjectival phrasal modifier of "line". You're thinking, "this is a guest line", more specifically, "a guest without bags line." In that case, then, yes, "guest" used as an adjective and thus would be singular in form.

Of course, you're entirely wrong for throwing an understood "line" onto the phrase. 😜

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@ImperfectPixie has the right idea. In the phrase "Guest Entrance", the word 'guest' is being used as an adjective (happens a lot in English, like Eiffel Tower or pedestrian crossing). Adjectives rarely are declined in the plural form (look at the yellows flowers!). Another way of constructing a similar sentiment is to create an adjectival form for 'guest', such as 'Guestal Entrance'.

In the phrase "Guest without bags", it is usually understood that since "guest" is being used as a noun, then the noun should be declined to take the plural form, "guests."

However, you, @G00fyDad, are interpreting the whole phrase as an adjectival phrasal modifier of "line". You're thinking, "this is a guest line", more specifically, "a guest without bags line." In that case, then, yes, "guest" used as an adjective and thus would be singular in form.

Of course, you're entirely wrong for throwing an understood "line" onto the phrase. 😜
Reason number 57,164,657 of why the English language sucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom