Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbinsDad

I appreciate the concern of our most stalwart nay-sayers. And I'm pretty sure a great majority of the members interacting with OP (and a couple of other "insiders" now?) are still quite skeptical of his/her legitimacy, but are playing along because after all it is the "News and Rumors" room, right? The Timex Social Club told us decades ago how rumors get started but they can still be fun to hear.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I appreciate the concern of our most stalwart nay-sayers. And I'm pretty sure a great majority of the members interacting with OP (and a couple of other "insiders" now?) are still quite skeptical of his/her legitimacy, but are playing along because after all it is the "News and Rumors" room, right? The Timex Social Club told us decades ago how rumors get started but they can still be fun to hear.
I’m in favor of :

1. Naysaying
2. Discussion for the sake of discussion/time consumption

So I generally agree with you. It’s the “less fortunate intellectually” that take things from these spitballs and them snit then as fact for 5 years on every thread that becomes tiring.

Last edited:

halltd

OFF TOPIC STORY ALERT:
I had friends who had a cousin who wanted their ashes spread on Disney property, but those entrusted with the ashes were not too familiar with the ins and outs of WDW. They knew that the person had liked to stay at Wilderness Lodge and when they were in the lobby, they saw the nice "stream" that ran through the facility. They decided that would be a good place to surreptitiously dump the ashes. Imagine their surprise when they left to go to the boat dock and realized that the "stream" ran into what was, at the time, a very crowded resort pool.
Except the stream doesn't actually go into the pool. It looks like it does, but it doesn't.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
You're a genius! These fake "just a CM" and "clueless" posts are truly monumental tributes to what a clueless CM is all about. You had us fooled for weeks and weeks!!!
There's actually no need to create a false backstory. Just say, "I know what I'm talking about, you can decide for yourself whether to believe it or not." It takes a bit of patience, but if you're up front and a fair bit of what you claim comes true, then you'll be trusted. The backstory is just weird. I suppose if the message board cred is super important then you may want to reap the myriad rewards of magic acceptance as soon as possible. :lookaroun

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sorry for the late reply, been a busy day.

There isn't any real significance about this thread compared to others. It was removed initially by request of the OP, which is something that I don't like to do, because other people get involved in threads and I don't believe it is fair to them for an entire thread to be scrubbed. It was then re-instated when I had a chance to take a closer look.

In terms of verification of the OP or info, I have nothing to add. I like to think that reputations on the forum are quickly established, and it is for each reader to make up his or her own mind.

With that being said, I do my best to keep the forums as an accurate and reliable source of information, and if a thread were to become misleading or obviously not in the interests of the forum it would be dealt with.

Hope that helps!

The bolded bit is entirely true. Many moons ago on an April 1st, I started a thread about how Disney was going to start "Twice the Price Dining" to offset the costs of free dining. It was a beautiful OP. A perfect OP. Everyone says so. I even had a bit about looking forward to not rubbing elbows with the rabble. Anyway, enough were taking it seriously that Mr. Magics had me take the thread down. I suppose it was the right thing to do. *sigh*

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No

Figments Friend

Let’s not ask what’s “secretly” gonna be built for us.
Let’s look at what we’re buying...right now.

This.

One has to ask, is WDW worth the personal investment?
No matter how many cutabcks, upcharges, and price increases they do, Guests still flock.
Even people here who complain about the level of service over the last few years keep going back...over and over.
Not everyone, but i have observed several.

My advice for those who want real change -
Speak loudest with your wallet.
It is the only sure fire way to get the Company to reevaluate their current operational standards.

-

EricsBiscuit

OFF TOPIC STORY ALERT:
I had friends who had a cousin who wanted their ashes spread on Disney property, but those entrusted with the ashes were not too familiar with the ins and outs of WDW. They knew that the person had liked to stay at Wilderness Lodge and when they were in the lobby, they saw the nice "stream" that ran through the facility. They decided that would be a good place to surreptitiously dump the ashes. Imagine their surprise when they left to go to the boat dock and realized that the "stream" ran into what was, at the time, a very crowded resort pool.
I’m never swimming there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom