Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Have you heard of fun movies where people just want to see their heros prevail?

Save it for the Oscar bait.

I never took Leia as a B 🤨 She just didn’t take Han’s crap and he equally didn’t take hers. She warmed up to both heros though once she saw more of them and the good in both.

Whatever yours or my opinion of her...was she broke? Were any or them?

Sometimes a cake is just a cake.

Anders Limpar

The classic trio are three disparate people banded together to stop a common enemy. Farm boy, politician, pirate. They changed a lot in their four years together and to think things would be the same after thirty is absurd. Certainly they would be changed by the hardships of war- some for the better, some for ill. Without a common enemy, their differences would likely divide them. Possibly turn them against one another.
Long form storytelling should depict character evolution. That's what we got. We didn't get the characters back as we left them. We got them back after thirty years of who knows what. We want to know what happened. It's unfamiliar, but more compelling and far more engaging.

Devolution not evolution

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So he finally admits it lol

This is so sweet after all the crap he spread whenever people wondered if his movies would ever get made. Not going to care to read the actual article but I’m guessing there’s no apology in there at all. Dude needs to be a man.

Yep...what we knew to be true all along

At least this is a “slight” admission by corporate that they aren’t entirely clueless.

The suggestion this clown would ever see another Star Wars movie again was beyond obtuse. I’ll wait for apologies from many that will never come. You know who you are.

sedati

So he finally admits it lol

This is so sweet after all the crap he spread whenever people wondered if his movies would ever get made. Not going to care to read the actual article but I’m guessing there’s no apology in there at all. Dude needs to be a man.

He’s still working on it. He’s still talking to Lucasfilm. Nothing is set. He’s also working on other things.

Read into that what you will, but always start with reading.

Supreme Leader

What a mature answer. This one is very wise beyond their years.

I’m going to take a guess that the news of Rian likely not getting his trilogy upsets you.

It's not even confirmed that his films have been shelved. Even though they likely have been shelved because of the "fan" response and I'm not even sure if I'm upset by that or not. And the nerve of you to talk about maturity. Clown.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He’s still working on it. He’s still talking to Lucasfilm. Nothing is set. He’s also working on other things.

Read into that what you will, but always start with reading.
It's not even confirmed that his films have been shelved. Even though they likely have been shelved because of the "fan" response and I'm not even sure if I'm upset by that or not. And the nerve of you to talk about maturity. Clown.
Writing on the wall, kemo sabe

I tell you one thing that is a surety: people have had a really hard time observing and connecting the dots with this franchise. Really since R1 was released

sedati

One may devolve in the course of their lifetime. Those who reach great heights can't often sustain them. It's still a progression.
Those who try and clign to their glory days, like those who try to be the same person they were in High School are either stunted or regressive.

sedati

I assume you’re laughing when you make that comparison. It’s wrong on every level.

If there was anything in Disney’s puff films with 1/10th of this...the franchise would be on a lot stronger ground.

So the heroes prevailed in that one? I'll have to give it a re-watch.
Or wait...
Your heroes are the Empire. This thread makes so much sense now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom