Is Riviera a DVC addition to Caribbean Beach?

ryguy

I don't understand putting Riviera's style/theme next to a Caribbean style/theme resort. It's bizarre. Feel like the two styles compete with one another. At least YC/BC and boardwalk are in the same vein. I would have like to seen Riviera as its own complex separated from CBR a bit more.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why am I getting $2000 off discount promos from them? This and Aluani?

You are familiar with aluani, correct? It’s had “issues”

...you bought this thing, didn’t you??
They always give discounts when first selling a resort, and no, we haven't bought there, and don't plan too any time soon.

And if you would care to do even a modicum of research, you would see that the discounts they are offering are LESS than in the past. For example, when Disney first started to sell Copper Creek, as a new buyer you received $2,500 off for 175 points, and $3,000 as current member. Riviera is only offering $940 for new members and $1,880 for current members for those same 175 points.

Here are all the discounts:

New Buyer Aulani and Copper Creek

150 points: Buyer receives $1,000 Developer Credit
175 points: $2,500 Developer Credit
250 points: $5,000 Developer Credit
300 points: $6,500 Developer Credit
1,000 points: $25,000 Developer Credit

Current Members Adding-On Aulani and Copper Creek

125 points: Buyer receives $750 Developer Credit
175 points: $3,000 Developer Credit

Riviera Points New Buyer Credit Existing Member Credit
125$0 $500
150$0 $500
175$940 $1880
200$1880 $2820
250$2820$3760

As you can plainly see, the newer discounts are quite obviously less. Anything else you'd like to try and spin?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
They always give discounts when first selling a resort, and no, we haven't bought there, and don't plan too any time soon.

And if you would care to do even a modicum of research, you would see that the discounts they are offering are LESS than in the past. For example, when Disney first started to sell Copper Creek, as a new buyer you received $2,500 off for 175 points, and $3,000 as current member. Riviera is only offering $940 for new members and $1,880 for current members for those same 175 points.

Here are all the discounts:

New Buyer Aulani and Copper Creek

150 points: Buyer receives $1,000 Developer Credit
175 points: $2,500 Developer Credit
Current Members Adding-On Aulani and Copper Creek

125 points: Buyer receives $750 Developer Credit
175 points: $3,000 Developer Credit
Riviera PointsNew Buyer CreditExisting Member Credit
125$0$500
150$0$500
175$940$1880
200$1880$2820
250$2820$3760
As you can plainly see, the newer discounts are quite obviously less. Anything else you'd like to try and spin?
Indisputable really. DVC at WDW sells amazingly well. Which is why they are seemingly, constantly building them. Apparently there’s a never ending supply of people willing to pay $40,000+, plus yearly maintenance for a 50 year lease at WDW.

nickys

Premium Member
Why am I getting $2000 off discount promos from them? This and Aluani?

You are familiar with aluani, correct? It’s had “issues”

...you bought this thing, didn’t you??

Because they offer incentives on every new resort. There were incentives on Copper Creek until it sold out, it’s what they do.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Indisputable really. DVC at WDW sells amazingly well. Which is why they are seemingly, constantly building them. Apparently there’s a never ending supply of people willing to pay $40,000+, plus yearly maintenance for a 50 year lease at WDW.
It certainly doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because they offer incentives on every new resort. There were incentives on Copper Creek until it sold out, it’s what they do.
I’m only gonna go on people who watch DVC closer than me. We’ll see if it in fact does sell very well. It’s early.

Enjoy Barbados, everyone 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't understand putting Riviera's style/theme next to a Caribbean style/theme resort. It's bizarre. Feel like the two styles compete with one another. At least YC/BC and boardwalk are in the same vein. I would have like to seen Riviera as its own complex separated from CBR a bit more.
From the early concept art...there really doesn’t seem to be a theme. Now that it’s almost complete...noting has really changed that opinion.

JW would approve

Take this for what it may be worth:

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It always does well when there’s bread and circuses for everyone. I can remember days when DVC sales centers looked like a Steinbeck novel.

To everything, turn turn turn
I have no idea what you are saying here. o_O Makes zero sense. But I know you post like that a lot, so we’re used to it. ;)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
From the early concept art...there really doesn’t seem to be a theme. Now that it’s almost complete...noting has really changed that opinion.

JW would approve

Take this for what it may be worth:
Well, it hasn’t hurt early sales at all, but only time will tell us whole story. Personally, I don’t think it will affect direct sales, and will take a wait and see approach about resales.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no idea what you are saying here. o_O Makes zero sense. But I know you post like that a lot, so we’re used to it. ;)
Things sell much better in the swamp in a bull market

But what’s the fun in saying it like that?
Well, it hasn’t hurt early sales at all, but only time will tell us whole story. Personally, I don’t think it will affect direct sales, and will take a wait and see approach about resales.
Read the article...it brings up interesting points

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Interesting that a Riviera Resale went for $100pp.

That is interesting on two fronts.

1. Pretty wild that it lost 50% of it's value instantly.

2. Disney didn't buy it back at that number.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Interesting that a Riviera Resale went for $100pp.

That is interesting on two fronts.

1. Pretty wild that it lost 50% of it's value instantly.

2. Disney didn't buy it back at that number.
Why would anyone in their right mind buy points at a resort that isn't even open, and then sell them only a few months later - still before the resort has opened??

As far as losing value - isn't it possible that the seller didn't care about making back their money, but wanted a really quick sale, so priced it accordingly?

Disney has 30 days for ROFR, so it is very possible that even though the site says the deed was sold, it may not have closed yet. They won't usually list that Disney has taken over the deed, just that it sold.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Why would anyone in their right mind buy points at a resort that isn't even open, and then sell them only a few months later - still before the resort has opened??

As far as losing value - isn't it possible that the seller didn't care about making back their money, but wanted a really quick sale, so priced it accordingly?

Disney has 30 days for ROFR, so it is very possible that even though the site says the deed was sold, it may not have closed yet. They won't usually list that Disney has taken over the deed, just that it sold.
According to the article, they were asking $135 a point.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ah shoot. Thought I quoted it.
Thanks. You might have earlier, and I just missed it. So this guy runs the disboards as well. That says a lot about his motivations. Anyway, in a different article, he says that he doesn't know how Riviera sales are going because Disney doesn't release numbers. Well, the deeds are registered with their respective counties, and the DVC News website publishes exact numbers of deeds and points for all WDW DVC resorts every single month. Since Riviera has sold 484,759 points (as of August) in just 4 months - quicker than either CC or Poly, it is obviously selling quite well.

I wonder if the one contract was actually bought by a Disney CM (with DVC money), and then sold just to see what the market would currently go for a resale. If I were DVC, I would do that as a test to gauge the market right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thanks. You might have earlier, and I just missed it. So this guy runs the disboards as well. That says a lot about his motivations. Anyway, in a different article, he says that he doesn't know how Riviera sales are going because Disney doesn't release numbers. Well, the deeds are registered with their respective counties, and the DVC News website publishes exact numbers of deeds and points for all WDW DVC resorts every single month. Since Riviera has sold 484,759 points (as of August) in just 4 months - quicker than either CC or Poly, it is obviously selling quite well.

I wonder if the one contract was actually bought by a Disney CM (with DVC money), and then sold just to see what the market would currently go for a resale. If I were DVC, I would do that as a test to gauge the market right now.
Think the price might be too high?

...now where have i heard that before??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom