Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

...let’s get back on topic back to Rise, their is another thread to compare Disney to Universal

According to the latest episode of the Disney dish. Jim Hill has said that he hasn’t heard anything about rise being off schedule. Just that the hurricane slowed them down a bit, but they will have it open by the announced date.

Oh and this is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt and all that.

britain

Are we all missing the money grab by Universal by putting the two Potter lands in two parks requiring two day-tickets? And then topping off that money grab by adding a ride between the two lands that can only be experienced by Uni's version of a hopper upgrade? There'd be non-stop howls from the usual suspects if Disney put a rebel Star Wars base in one park and storm trooper base in another park and made a transport ride between them that required the hopper.

Also, the flat cutouts of heroes and villains in Marvel Island does nothing to make it look like you're in a comic book and nothing to make it look like a real-world-ish setting. Dino-Rama is better themed, let along TSL.

Disney is quite literally doing that very same cash grab x10, by building the Star Wars hotel, which apparently has all the great Jedi training interactive features we were hoping would be in Star Wars land.

Awakening

Is it though? Let's break them down:

Disney's website lists 8 shops, 5 food locations, and 2 attractions for Galaxy's Edge. Shows: none, buuut the park itself has three major Star Wars shows, though I agree that Galaxy's Edge needs some too.

Universal's website lists 13 shops, 5 food locations, and 2-ish attractions for Diagon Alley (I say ish because Hogwarts Express is not exclusive to Diagon). There are three shows: Olivander's, and two live performances.

So Galaxy's Edge has (currently) no entertainment and could use a free experience like Olivander's, but it also has two E-tickets vs. Diagon's one. Diagon has significantly more shops. To me they are pretty close and I'm willing to bet entertainment will be added to Galaxy's Edge, evening them out further.

Where is this second E-ticket? Because ROTR still isn't open and up until very recently, everyone, including Disney, seemed to be on the same page with Millennium Falcon being a D-Ticket at best.

ToTBellHop

Falcon is an E-Ticket...I don’t get why this is such a crazy concept.
I don’t get it either. It’s objectively stupid.

Test Track isn’t perfect. It’s obviously an E-ticket. The same applies here. I would argue MFSR is more elaborate, with more lavish theming, than Test Track.

In many ways, it reminds me of Flight of Passage.

It’s much more than Star Tours. Also an E ticket.

Apparently WDW only has like 2 E tickets.

Awakening

I don’t get it either. It’s objectively stupid.

Test Track isn’t perfect. It’s obviously an E-ticket. The same applies here. I would argue MFSR is more elaborate, with more lavish theming, than Test Track.

In many ways, it reminds me of Flight of Passage.

It’s much more than Star Tours. Also an E ticket.

Apparently WDW only has like 2 E tickets.

No one can stop you from calling it one, but you can go back and look and pre-opening, it was universally agreed that ROTR would be the E-Ticket supported by Smugglers Run, much like Flight of Passage and the River Journey in Pandora.

If you can't see a difference between the likes of Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest versus Smugglers Run, then nothing I say will change your mind. But it must be exhausting having to constantly move those goal posts every time you have to blindly defend Disney.

ToTBellHop

No one can stop you from calling it one, but you can go back and look and pre-opening, it was universally agreed that ROTR would be the E-Ticket supported by Smugglers Run, much like Flight of Passage and the River Journey in Pandora.

If you can't see a difference between the likes of Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest versus Smugglers Run, then nothing I say will change your mind. But it must be exhausting having to constantly move those goal posts every time you have to blindly defend Disney.
No. It was universally agreed upon by our insiders like Martin and Lee back in 2015 that there were two E-tickets, with RotR being a higher tier of E ticket. This was the same treatment given to Radiator Springs Racers.

Perhaps we need “F ticket”.

Test Track is more lavish than MFSR? MFSR is the same level as TSM?

I blindly defend Disney?

Awakening

No. It was universally agreed upon by our insiders like Martin and Lee back in 2015 that there were two E-tickets, with RotR being a higher tier of E ticket. This was the same treatment given to Radiator Springs Racers.

Test Track is more lavish than MFSR?

"If you can't see a difference between the likes of Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest versus Smugglers Run, then nothing I say will change your mind."

But feel free to reply again.

Awakening

Yes, because people who are correct usually ignore questions.

Are you a politician?

You want to pretend like Smugglers Run wasn't touted as the lesser attraction for the land and I'm not here to argue with someone under that level of delusion.

Glad you have your opinion of the land and what constitutes an E-Ticket. Some of us choose not to settle for less. Enjoy that.

ToTBellHop

You want to pretend like Smugglers Run wasn't touted as the lesser attraction for the land and I'm not here to argue with someone under that level of delusion.

Glad you have your opinion of the land and what constitutes an E-Ticket. Some of us choose not to settle for less. Enjoy that.
Reading comprehension is tough. I’ll quote myself: “there were two E-tickets, with RotR being a higher tier of E ticket”.

I do have some knowledge of how the attraction was sold by WDI, what level it was budgeted as, and how it is viewed internally. My own opinion of the ride doesn’t factor into the discussion.

mikejs78

Premium Member
"If you can't see a difference between the likes of Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest versus Smugglers Run, then nothing I say will change your mind."

But feel free to reply again.

WDI considers this an E-Ticket. Your subjective opinion on how this stacks up against other attractions has very little to do with whether an attraction is an E Ticket or not. Ticket level has to do with budget, scope of the attraction, etc. And from that POV, it is most definitely an E-Ticket.

Now, you may argue that it is a poor E-Ticket, but that does not change the fact that it is an E-Ticket.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm almost tempted to ask if you consider the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train an E-Ticket.

Or Toy Story Midway Mania.

Millennium Falcon was designed as an E-Ticket simulator attraction. It features every bell and whistle a simulator attraction has ever had and then some, plus many hidden complex features that work to create the illusion that it's not putting through nearly as many guests as it actually is. Whether it's as good as, say, Splash Mountain is irrelevant - Expedition: Everest and The Matterhorn are both E-Tickets, and I'd bet most people have a strong opinion about which one is the better ride. Star Tours has also always been an E-Ticket attraction, and MFSR blows it out of the water for scale, scope, investment, and technology. Whether or not guests are falling passionately in love with the ride is irrelevant.

Smugglers Run is the lesser attraction in Galaxy's Edge, but it is only out of the overabundance of riches in RotR and not because MFSR was not proposed, designed, and budgeted as an E-Ticket. It was.

This is unlike the relationship between Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey, where they were actively designed to fill differing letter grades within the park's attraction menu. If I recall, Flight of Passage itself was not even originally meant to headline as Pandora's E-Ticket - that was the Motorbike Coaster until it got cut from the lineup. I don't even know for sure that FoP got any sort of creative or financial bump after that to help raise its profile as a star attraction, though I would assume it did.

The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is less ambitious in its scale, scope, and investment than its neighbor Pirates of the Caribbean - since Pirates of the Caribbean is an E-Ticket, does that make The Haunted Mansion somehow a D-Ticket?

yensidtlaw1969

Test Track is more lavish than MFSR? MFSR is the same level as TSM?

I blindly defend Disney?
I always felt like "F-Ticket" had the accidental air of a negative connotation about it, almost sounding like the ride gets an F - sometimes secretly to myself I'll think of something as a G-Ticket, which I think has a little more kick to it.

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah, I've heard "Super-E" used before, which I think sounds better than F-Ticket.
E+ gets thrown around a lot, but I almost wonder if even that doesn't quite cover it, since it sort of implies that the standard has been raised and all prior E-Tickets are now lesser by relation. So I'm not even sure that my lightly suggested "G-Ticket" should really be a thing.

But then, I'm the kind of person who thinks Shanghai's Pirates doesn't come close to touching the Disneyland original, so maybe I'm not the one to talk about such things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom