Entertainment cuts

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still do not believe you. Give me evidence that people didnt camp out for fireworks and I'll concede. But otherwise you and trojan are just blindly justifying this highly obvious budget cut.
You don’t have to believe me. I grant you that.

I also don’t have to provide iPhone videos of things that happened before you were born 😉
Genuine question did you work there in the 90s/early aughts and deal with guest flow issues on a regular basis? Then be present as the change occurred. If not, please don’t speculate.

The hub has always been a mess but previously with Fantasy In the Sky and Wishes, guests often would enjoy the view from all over the park. Yes, many camped out in front of the castle, but it wasn’t as many and it wasn’t the “let’s camp out for hours” type of scenario you see now. The fact the show is half projection based had made it so.
Yeah...but honestly why bother to combat the default combative?

And people forget the “pre-projection” world. When Frontierland had the same fireworks overhead...it was better. Watch then from line...more fun. But now we save that for a Halloween party or “luxury” e ride nights
NYE and July 4th, guests camp out for fireworks viewing.
A lot more than that. I see squatters starting to curb sit long before fireworks and it seems to catch fire 45-60 on any reasonably crowded day.
Please go sit down in the hub at 6pm and tell me what time the first people start sitting down to save a spot for HEA. You'll see its about 7pm.
Uhhhhhh. Huh.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you're so adamant why dont you just go into the field and give the "evidence"? I'll be sipping on my mimosa waiting, dear.
I understand the generational gap...but do you have the foggiest idea how ridiculous demanding videos and pictures of everything sounds??

Life existed before Instagram. And people talked to each other and paid attention to their surroundings...
...“Most” historians agree...

...and mimosas fits.🤭

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not at all. If you're gonna come in and falsely claim the hub has people lining up at 6pm for a non special event fireworks show I'm going to demand you provide evidence. Nobody cares you were a CM in the 90's. We are not talking about the gd 90's, we are talking about 2019. And there is no proof people line up at 6pm for a HEA show. It's just lies to promote the idea MK doesnt need a night parade.
I didn’t say anything about a time...I said “early”...and frankle...anything other than about 15 minutes looks stupid. But I tend to be a bit more skeptical.

I know it’s 2019...your main recurring flaws here are:
1. Believing they can only do things “one way”
2. Believing that they are doing things right.

Neither can be “proven” to be true.

Stop believing everything a stock company that wants all your money says because you live down the street. Life’s not that perfectly designed, my friend.

Wait...didn’t you say last week Orlando was “recession proof”??

Oh man...I hope I’m confusing you with someone else?

tirian

poor entertainment always gets the cuts...because they get paid the most. Sad to see any more cuts to Muppet offerings although the show isn't that popular (not that Disney ever promoted it anyway) I never knew about the Royal Majesty Makers til recently....the Sword in the Stone bit they do is pretty cute but again...not that many people know about it.
They most certainly do NOT get paid the most! The performers I know live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of CMs at WDW.

If they’re Equity performers, they get paid more than standard Disney CMs. Otherwise, they’re underpaid like everyone else.

fngoofy

I'm good with all of these closings except the Muppets.
You would think that them being an IP would grant them some special status.
Plus Liberty Square is a bit of a snooze, they are a bright spot.
DSCF3960-696x522.jpg

tirian

You are correct in a sense, but as customers why do we have to lose something to gain something at a time when prices are rising at an unprecedented pace?

Yes, we are not going to run out of entertainment, but there are some shows, even small ones that may appeal to guest more than a full attraction. Having a large amount of options also ensures that a guest is less likely to repeat experiences and can have new experiences, even small ones, with each trip.

In my opinion, it’s the little things like the Sword in the Stone or the muppets that separate Disney from the competition. The small things are the seasoning to a well cooked steak. They add to the “magic.”

...and if anyone here has been to Knott’s Berry Farm or Dollywood, you know that regional parks often have BETTER entertainment than Disney and charge less for admission, because they aren’t trying to use theme parks to pad enormous corporate bonuses.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Between the expanding population growth of central Florida and Orlando being an obvious destination for conventions, the areas tourist industry is somewhat recession proof. Nothing that can't be managed by adjusting park hours and attraction closures for maintenance.IMO.

Somehow...I found this doozy.

My borderline “get the paddles” shock responses were deleted...I probably deserved it 😮

If anything...it’s a “teachable moment”

Last edited:

note2001

Somehow...I found this doozy.

My borderline “get the paddles” shock responses were deleted...I probably deserved it 😮

If anything...it’s a “teachable moment”
I hate to quote Pete Warner, but as he pointed out the signs are there, Disney is prepping for a recession if it happens.
Companies lay off, those conventions are cancelled, the parks became ghost towns at times as people focused on keeping all funds they had close to home. Orlando tourism sticks out like a sore thumb when it comes to recessions, and is one of the first to feel the hit.

I know - preaching to the choir, it just blows me away that some folk still don't understand how recessions work in the minds of companies, investors and employees.

Mickeyboof

I hate to quote Pete Warner, but as he pointed out the signs are there, Disney is prepping for a recession if it happens.
Companies lay off, those conventions are cancelled, the parks became ghost towns at times as people focused on keeping all funds they had close to home. Orlando tourism sticks out like a sore thumb when it comes to recessions, and is one of the first to feel the hit.

I know - preaching to the choir, it just blows me away that some folk still don't understand how recessions work in the minds of companies, investors and employees.

I think everyone understands it. Doesn’t change the fact that we don’t approve, enjoy, or look forward to what happens when a recession does hit.

Especially when it’s the unique, “Disney” aspects they choose to slash and cut, while buying up billion dollar brands that don’t align with Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom