Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

remy62

to better understand the concept art in relation to the land:

Timothy_Q

I think it's pretty bold to have Frozen open without the coaster and Star Wars with only one attraction. This is already a sub-par park, why open it with sub-par lands? This park can use as much rides as it can get. I hope there are unique changes being made, as making SWL based on the original trilogy as stated above, can set this park apart from the others.
Because what WDS is primarily lacking is theming and immersion, not rides.

WDS has arguably a much better roster of attractions than DHS, yet it's considered a much worse park, solely because of how ugly it looks.

The lake + Marvel + SW + Frozen won't really add that many rides, but it'll make the park look infinitely better.
Which is what it needs the most right now.

There's a ton of expansion space around the lake for future rides (which it'll need once this is all done)

IMDREW

Because what WDS is primarily lacking is theming and immersion, not rides.

WDS has arguably a much better roster of attractions than DHS, yet it's considered a much worse park, solely because of how ugly it looks.

The lake + Marvel + SW + Frozen won't really add that many rides, but it'll make the park look infinitely better.
Which is what it needs the most right now.

There's a ton of expansion space around the lake for future rides (which it'll need once this is all done)
I'm still rooting for a complete redesign (keep the rides, everything else can go) from the front gate to the back of the park. Really everything is ugly. PLEASE fix that entrance WDS!!

BrianLo

I think it's pretty bold to have Frozen open without the coaster and Star Wars with only one attraction. This is already a sub-par park, why open it with sub-par lands? This park can use as much rides as it can get. I hope there are unique changes being made, as making SWL based on the original trilogy as stated above, can set this park apart from the others.

Further to @Timothy_Q point, WDS also just lacks food, beverage and to some extent retail. Something this expansion will hopefully address.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but with the kiosks closed I frankly felt like the only thing you could eat in WDS was burgers from the front entrance or Remy's table service that did not exchange remotely well with the Canadian currency. We left the park and went to Downtown Disney simply for something to eat.

The ride lineup actually isn't bad by Florida standards, the park just looked like a turd.

I would have preferred at least one original E-ticket of course, especially with Epcot borrowing the main one.

Magic Feather

Is the Hong Kong ride still an Avengers themed version of Rise of the Resistance?
Note: The following comment is more of a commentary of the wording of your question, and will not directly answer the question. However, parts of the answer should be able to be gleaned from the following response.

I always have a bit of an issue of people using the “_______-themed version of ___________” language, because it suggests that these rides are the same with their sets swapped. Even something where that is the case, like INDY and Dino, have such dramatically different ride profiles to where they are dramatically different. Same goes for ToT & Guardians, where the mere difference of atmosphere and ride profiles is enough to significantly differentiate the two. Especially with a ride system like RotR. I would never say that RotR is the Star Wars version of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin at SeaWorld.

nor'easter

Note: The following comment is more of a commentary of the wording of your question, and will not directly answer the question. However, parts of the answer should be able to be gleaned from the following response.

I always have a bit of an issue of people using the “_______-themed version of ___________” language, because it suggests that these rides are the same with their sets swapped. Even something where that is the case, like INDY and Dino, have such dramatically different ride profiles to where they are dramatically different. Same goes for ToT & Guardians, where the mere difference of atmosphere and ride profiles is enough to significantly differentiate the two. Especially with a ride system like RotR. I would never say that RotR is the Star Wars version of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin at SeaWorld.
Well, that's a high falutin' response to an innocent question. I certainly didn't think the poster was suggesting the same ride with sets swapped. (I should also say that your insider information is very much appreciated on these forums.)

Magic Feather

Well, that's a high falutin' response to an innocent question. I certainly didn't think the poster was suggesting the same ride with sets swapped. (I should also say that your insider information is very much appreciated on these forums.)
Yes, in hindsight it did come across as a bit harsh, didn’t it? This was less of a rant directed towards @yeti (sincerest apologies), and more of a comment on a trend I have been noticing. Even with some in-creative positions inside the company. It’s frustrating when WDI looks at Pirates’ ride system (in Shanghai) and says “how can we give WDW a Shanghai Pirates” instead of “how will this new ride system best tell our story? Will it be best to tell our story?”

Stripes

Yes, in hindsight it did come across as a bit harsh, didn’t it? This was less of a rant directed towards @yeti (sincerest apologies), and more of a comment on a trend I have been noticing. Even with some in-creative positions inside the company. It’s frustrating when WDI looks at Pirates’ ride system (in Shanghai) and says “how can we give WDW a Shanghai Pirates” instead of “how will this new ride system best tell our story? Will it be best to tell our story?”
The result of demands for maximum efficiency, I assume. In other words, "how can we extract the most value out the R&D we put into project x?"

If this philosophy is truly rampant at WDI right now, that's rather sad. The view that technology should serve the story, not the other way around, is in my opinion one of the key differences that set WDI apart from their peers in the industry.

yeti

I'll take that as a yes. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom