Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

Rise of the Resistance - Escape pod video. Here's video from "Battlefront II" to show you the ejecting sequence of the pod. Again, it will be modified size-wise, to accommodate the ride vehicle.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m sure it might be in here but I haven’t been paying as much attention to this thread as I should’ve. Regarding the “drop”, I’ve heard it being described as you won’t know you’re moving down, to it’s subtle and hardly noticeable, to it’ll be similar to ToT. Does anyone know which of these if any it might actually turn out to be?? I really want to ride this but if it’s a ToT drop I don’t know if I could handle it. Thanks in advance!

If I had to guess, I would say somewhere in the middle.

britain

@SWGalaxysEdge
I missed the video, do you mind uploading the video on streamable and sharing it here? You don't need an account and It's pretty quick to do.

You really didn’t miss much. It looked almost exactly the same as when Chewie takes over the Falcon and brings you in for a landing. But this time the footage was sideways and very out of focus.

SWGalaxysEdge

Video repost. Ok this *IS* from RotR. Its looking out of the window of the escape pod.
You blast out of the Star Destroyer into space, then the video turns sideways.
You head back to Batuu and crash into the giant ship wreckage, where you unload the ride and exit to the Resistance Supply "gift shop"
Its blurry because whoever took the video (not mine) obviously wasn't supposed to.

There are non-believers and that's fine. Some say this is just the Falcon footage - go ahead and compare EVERY video of the Falcon coming back to Batuu - this is DIFFERENT. Watch at the end as it crashes into the ship wreckage before it stops. That's NOT the Falcon ending.
This isn't fan made either as some have suggested.

Again, my feelings are not hurt if you don't believe it, but I am here to share it with you because I know what it is.
I'd also appreciate not being slammed for this. Some folks just want to be mean for whatever reason. I thought everyone was here to learn and share stuff. That's all I am doing, and I hope it brings up discussions. -= ENJOY!

https://streamable.com/u6ls8

Hawg G

So you’ve not actually ridden Rat?

I rode it during Soft openings, probably before anyone on this forum, except for insiders.

But, I don't' have a photographic memory to know how long it was. I refer to POVs for that. One has a tiny bit cut off front and end, but definitely not 5 minutes. The other is again clearly not 5.

But, hey I can't be right, right? I rode it and dined at Chez Remy before it opened to the public, what do I know about anything.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

possible, I have been away for a while.
Did I post this one? I don't remember....

View attachment 408391
Yes this is one of the ones previously posted that I have seen before. so it was you who posted them. i remember seeing them just not who posted them. I made a joke the jaguar temple queue at Knott's Berry was better than this hallway and you thought I was serious about it. remember?

180º

Video repost. Ok this *IS* from RotR. Its looking out of the window of the escape pod.
You head back to Batuu and crash into the giant ship wreckage, where you unload the ride and exit to the Resistance Supply "gift shop"
Its blurry because whoever took the video (not mine) obviously wasn't supposed to.

There are non-believers and that's fine. Some say this is just the Falcon footage - go ahead and compare EVERY video of the Falcon coming back to Batuu - this is DIFFERENT. Watch at the end as it crashes into the ship wreckage before it stops. That's NOT the Falcon ending.

Again, my feelings are not hurt if you don't believe it, but I am here to share it with you because I know what it is.
I'd also appreciate not being slammed for this. Some folks just want to be mean for whatever reason. I thought everyone was here to learn and share stuff. That's all I am doing, and I hope it brings up discussions. -= ENJOY!

I don’t think anyone’s doubting you, they’re just being crotchety. I, for one, appreciate the upload! Thank you for sharing with us! :)

britain

Oh I don’t doubt it’s from RotR. I was just trying to describe it to someone who missed the footage. It’s very falcony.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I rode it during Soft openings, probably before anyone on this forum, except for insiders.

But, I don't' have a photographic memory to know how long it was. I refer to POVs for that. One has a tiny bit cut off front and end, but definitely not 5 minutes. The other is again clearly not 5.

But, hey I can't be right, right? I rode it and dined at Chez Remy before it opened to the public, what do I know about anything.

Yes. I’ve watched them.

Add back what you call a tiny bit and you have five minutes:

But we digress.

Last edited:

thequeuelinelectures

agreed. They both come back to Batuu and its gonna seem similar with the petrified trees, but then this clip crashes, whereas the Falcon one goes back into the mountain. ;-)
What disappoints me about the footage is that it all happens so fast you barely get a sense of what’s happening. Was really hoping for something a little more drawn out where you see flames rising as you burst through the atmosphere and what not. Also the end looks super weird, we have so much horizontal velocity we just like skip across the ground into the wreckage?

Thanks for sharing, I just hope what we see here isn’t the whole escape sequence

Monorail_Orange

What disappoints me about the footage is that it all happens so fast you barely get a sense of what’s happening. Was really hoping for something a little more drawn out where you see flames rising as you burst through the atmosphere and what not. Also the end looks super weird, we have so much horizontal velocity we just like skip across the ground into the wreckage?

Thanks for sharing, I just hope what we see here isn’t the whole escape sequence
I wouldn't hold my breath. Looked like the complete cycle from launching from the destroyer to crashing on the planet to me.

FRD714

It looked like an unfinished CGI version so it could be slightly different, however look how fast you come out of light speed and fly into Corellia on Smugglers Run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom