News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Mike S

Yes. See the GF Walkway thread. The Electrical Water Paegent seems as though it will continue. (I say this not because there have been any rumors of it's demise, but we never know anymore what's safe and what's going on the chopping block to budget cuts anymore.)
How old is this thing? I’ve always wondered when they’d update it.

trainplane3

Looks like the exterior turn will be going up very soon
https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/new-...lightcycle-run-construction-at-magic-kingdom/
dsc04368.jpg

lazyboy97o

How old is this thing? I’ve always wondered when they’d update it.
The Electric Water Pageant predates the Main Street Electrical Parade. It’s been updated here and there over the years (thus the inclusion of “Under the Sea”) but I really hope they don’t touch it. It’s classic Vacation Kingdom charm that would only become more of the same.

Mike S

The Electric Water Pageant predates the Main Street Electrical Parade. It’s been updated here and there over the years (thus the inclusion of “Under the Sea”) but I really hope they don’t touch it. It’s classic Vacation Kingdom charm that would only become more of the same.
I guess.

SpoiledBlueMilk

I love seeing parts the the park that make the whole place work. It doesn't take me out the magic, it increases it. Imagine the infrastructure and physical plant required to make MK tick. It's amazing how much "stuff" it takes to keep the park running. Getting a glimpse of that on my way via the Contemporary is great.

Also, the park will continue to evolve. We're complaining about a change in sight lines because we are so used to the park as it is. Tron is a big ride and it's hard to contain it from certain viewing angles. We'll get used to it after a while and not even think of it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Looks like this piece of theming has been removed. Not sure if that was planned or if its in perpetration for the hurricane.

8B04454B-0B26-41EB-8559-22062128956A.jpeg
Most likely for the impending hurricane. The wooden protection around it gives it a greater contact surface area for strong winds, making it easier to break and stuff.

They also did other site preparations like take down the tarps on the metal fences going around the construction site.

lazyboy97o

I love seeing parts the the park that make the whole place work. It doesn't take me out the magic, it increases it. Imagine the infrastructure and physical plant required to make MK tick. It's amazing how much "stuff" it takes to keep the park running. Getting a glimpse of that on my way via the Contemporary is great.

Also, the park will continue to evolve. We're complaining about a change in sight lines because we are so used to the park as it is. Tron is a big ride and it's hard to contain it from certain viewing angles. We'll get used to it after a while and not even think of it.
There’s not much to appreciate about a large metal panel wall. The problem isn’t because it’s a change in what has been known but because it’s a change that involves dropping in a large warehouse. The building just being a box was a design decision, not some problem too hard to solve.

hauntology

I’m glad they scraped the escalator, it would have created a huge line just to get on it and I like the idea of the ramp more.

Also I’ve never seen an escalator yet that doesn’t look all black. I wonder if they had kept the idea what a ride specific escalator would look like. Best one I’ve ever seen is in vegas at the shops at Caesars Palace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom