News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

DisneyDreamerxyz

Things can and do change, but I don't expect Big Ben to actually be a part of this.
at least they said we are getting "Admiral Bloom's house" which is actually a house that resembles a ship(!!) with canons on the roof. And the house is down the street on the corner of Cherry Tree Lane I believe. There's also Miss Lark who lives next door to the Banks family.

Magenta Panther

You know what classic bombed? "Pinocchio" for one. <The war cut off much needed international box-office>. And of course "Sleeping Beauty" which tanked so bad at the box-office that it actually drove the Disney company into the red for the year. Its just two examples of enduring classics that failed at the box-office (even "the Wizard of Oz" was a major disappointment on release)

Okay. So are you seriously saying that Mary Poppins Returns is comparable in quality to any of those films?

Bocabear

I am a pretty tough critic of most things new and redone, but I will say I thought MPR was charming and a perfect new adventure bringing the storyline more up to date. It was absolutely done in the same style as the original. Music was well done and in a similar style to the Sherman Brothers, it was beautifully filmed... There really was nothing to dislike....unless you just dislike the genre of film...

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not to mention that MPR brought in a lot of the books (if there are people who are fans of the books... I don't know any!). And it is a very well crafted story with Mary's lessons for the children leading them to a pay-off in the plot later (see things from a different point of view, the king might be a crook) all the while teaching them how to be children that aren't grown up before their time and how to deal with grief.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom