News D23 Expo 2019

SirLink

Plus if it does come in August 2021..They won't have too much to say for any WDW 50th announcements since it would start two months after to grt anything ready..

All 50th anniversary refurbs or plusses in certain cases I imagine them doing a press event in November - to outline that stuff with a Destination D event next year to show off merch and talk about Epcot 40th if they do indeed intend to focus on a pavilion for that.

jt04

Except so far they’re not, aside from the Poppins round ride. Hardly a huge capacity increase.

Cherry Tree Lane could someday lead to a crossing street if they ever decide to remove the events shelter. Seems like they are keeping that option open.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My point is not to tell anyone their opinions are right or wrong. It’s just a reminder that outside the echo chamber of this board, the perspective may be very different.

I think this time we have an extreme case where so much hard detail about avengers campus was known through recent (and last fall) leaks that people just accept it as common knowledge. And forget none of that was released by Disney. Similar for other topics like DCL island... etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

Cherry Tree Lane could someday lead to a crossing street if they ever decide to remove the events shelter. Seems like they are keeping that option open.
Well, with them losing Odyssey and WOL for event space for festivals makes sense to keep World Showplace.

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, if the front half of Epcot comes to fruition with World Discovery/Celebration/Nature as advertised... I'd be pretty chuffed. I didn't think I could say that, as big a fan as I am of the original EPCOT Center. But there comes a point when resting (and hoping) on nostalgia becomes a lost cause. I'd love to see Future World reborn, but does anyone really see that ever happening? Technology isn't this new, shiny thing that it was back in the 80s (sadly) and trying to update (and keep updated) such an experience just doesn't really work anymore.

Epcot is becoming a sort of "grown up" park; a sort of World's Fair for the ages. With the back half of the park being World Showcase, the redesign makes a lot of sense and will bring cohesiveness back to the park in a big way. Clearly festivals will be a big part of that (and honestly, they're a cash cow).

As I've said before, anything would be an improvement over "Future World" as it exists today. A bit of a shame that we're departing from the original concept but this is a way forward that works.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Let’s recap and score what was actually announced at the expo and parks panel..

Epcot
Neighborhoods announced. - new but rumored
SSE changes - new. Future refurb was rumored, but no details
Celebration details - name, details, new art - all new. Before we only had the art when they announced the spline and entrance change.
Walt statue - new announcement including art
Moana experience - new announcement (edit: but rumored prior), including name and art
Guardians ride - new art, significant new details, name announced - all new
Space restaurant - new name announced (previously rumored). New details (confirmation) on elevator concept
Land film - previously announced
Play pavilion - previous info (don’t think there was any new art there? Maybe the exterior shot is new)
Uk - new cherry tree lane announced, including art. New attraction mentioned, but no details
New China film - previously announced, but new details on being seamless?
France film sing along - previously announced
Canada film - new? Don’t remember (edit: previously announced)
France - new restaurant change - new I believe?
France - art recap - previously announced, but opening window announced -new?
Lagoon show - new name, new art, new details, new song

Genie app - new

Star Wars hotel
Name - new
New art
Experience details revealed - new
Lightsaber training details - new

New wdw hotel - previously announced, but new art and details
New restaurant at hotel revealed - new

Dlr
Avenger campus name revealed - new
Spider-Man ride revealed - new (but previously leaked)
Land art - new (but previously leaked)
Shops and food detail - new (but previously leaked)
Wakana e ticket - new (rumored)
M&g character list - new
Dr strange attraction - new (but previously leaked)

Dlp
Marvel hotel overlay - previously announced but new details and art

Target partnership - new
Cirque show - new
Cirque opening date - new

Hkdl
Castle expansion - new art and details
New castle shows. - new I believe
New bbb - new?
Castle name - new
Frozen area - new attraction announcements and details (not sure if the two rides were previously known/rumored)

Shanghi
Zootopia land. - previously announced
Zootopia attraction teased and new art - new

Dlr
New parade announced - new
New parade name and art - new
Parade song revealed - new
Parade general opening period announced - new
Mickey attraction - new art, new queue details

Dhs
Mickey attraction exterior art - new
Look inside the Mickey attraction - new
Mickey attraction ride vehicle - reveal, but known and shown orior
New rotr visuals - new (but concepts largely leaked)

Dcl
New ship name and character. - new
New ship interior art - new (I believe)
New port of call - new (but previously known through other channels)
New details on development of lighthole point and joe r assignment - new

50th logo - new
50th events - teases, but mentions doing things in all parks - new

Make a wish - recap

And people moaning about the target news.... don’t forget consumer products and parks were merged corporate wise.

Please help correct any of the info above. I think when you look at it, the list is huge!

But you can understand why maybe some didn’t care for the amount of time they spent on some segments they didn’t care about... like target, cirque, lighthouse point, and MAW.

Edits:
New Epcot logo - new

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Please help correct any of the info above. I think when you look at it, the list is huge!

A large list of uninteresting and/or known projects is still a long list of uninteresting and/or known projects.

Perhaps also was that it was buttressed by soul crushing amounts of IP and corporate Synergy, or the relentless cherry picking of surveys which told them that this is what we want.

rle4lunch

A large list of uninteresting and/or known projects is still a long list of uninteresting and/or known projects.

Perhaps also was that it was buttressed by soul crushing amounts of IP and corporate Synergy, or the relentless cherry picking of surveys which told them that this is what we want.

At least he acknowledged 'more shade'... you can't throw shade at him for that one...

Crazydisneyfanluke

Except so far they’re not, aside from the Poppins round ride. Hardly a huge capacity increase.
It would be interesting to see, before the starting closure of Innoventions and Ellen, what the capacity was and compare to the renovated IPCOT. EPCOT had some of the highest capacity rides and they removed them for nearly half the capacity. (Horizions, WOE/Ellen)

Martin, do you know Guardians expected capacity? If you can't say anything, understandable.

Figments Friend

At least he acknowledged 'more shade'... you can't throw shade at him for that one...

When Bob said that statement, i laughed.
I laughed because i know how brutal it can be walking in some areas of Future World that are a seemingly vast concrete expanse.

Looking at all of that greenery, it gives a pleasent 'inner city park' vibe, but i cannot help but view it a little cynically considering they are filling the space previously occupied by a building worthy of exciting additions with just landscaping.

Seems a bit of a creative cop out in some respects.
Why dream up something new for the inside of the Communicore building when you can just demo it and fill the space with 'nothing'...?

Epcot deserves better, in my opinion.

-

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Let’s recap and score what was actually announced at the expo and parks panel..

Epcot
Neighborhoods announced. - new but rumored
SSE changes - new. Future refurb was rumored, but no details
Celebration details - name, details, new art - all new. Before we only had the art when they announced the spline and entrance change.
Walt statue - new announcement including art
Moana experience - new announcement, including name and art
Guardians ride - new art, significant new details, name announced - all new
Space restaurant - new name announced. New details (confirmation) on elevator concept
Land film - previously announced
Play pavilion - previous info (don’t think there was any new art there? Maybe the exterior shot is new)
Uk - new cherry tree lane announced, including art. New attraction mentioned, but no details
New China film - previously announced, but new details on being seamless?
France film sing along - previously announced
Canada film - new? Don’t remember
France - new returnat change - new I believe?
France - art recap - previously announced, but opening window announced -new?
Lagoon show - new name, new art, new details, new song

Genie app - new

Star Wars hotel
Name - new
New art
Experience details revealed - new
Lightsaber training details - new

New wdw hotel - previously announced, but new art and details
New restaurant at hotel revealed - new

Dlr
Avenger campus name revealed - new
Spider-Man ride revealed - new (but previously leaked)
Land art - new (but previously leaked)
Shops and food detail - new (but previously leaked)
Wakana e ticket - new (rumored)
M&g character list - new
Dr strange attraction - new (but previously leaked)

Dlp
Marvel hotel overlay - previously announced but new details and art

Target partnership - new
Cirque show - new
Cirque opening date - new

Hkdl
Castle expansion - new art and details
New castle shows. - new I believe
New bbb - new?
Castle name - new
Frozen area - new attraction announcements and details (not sure if the two rides were previously known/rumored)

Shanghi
Zootopia land. - previously announced
Zootopia attraction teased and new art - new

Dlr
New parade announced - new
New parade name and art - new
Parade song revealed - new
Parade general opening period announced - new
Mickey attraction - new art, new queue details

Dhs
Mickey attraction exterior art - new
Look inside the Mickey attraction - new
Mickey attraction ride vehicle - reveal, but known and shown orior
New rotr visuals - new (but concepts largely leaked)

Dcl
New ship name and character. - new
New ship interior art - new (I believe)
New port of call - new (but previously known through other channels)
New details on development of lighthole point and joe r assignment - new

50th logo - new
50th events - teases, but mentions doing things in all parks - new

Make a wish - recap

And people moaning about the target news.... don’t forget consumer products and parks were merged corporate wise.

But you can understand why maybe some didn’t care for the amount of time they spent on some segments they didn’t care about... like target, cirque, lighthouse point, and MAW.

Edits:
New Epcot logo - new

I'd also add the multi-level new Festival Building. Did seem like a cool concept with the observation area on top, and I'm assuming bar in the middle.

Rodan75

All 50th anniversary refurbs or plusses in certain cases I imagine them doing a press event in November - to outline that stuff with a Destination D event next year to show off merch and talk about Epcot 40th if they do indeed intend to focus on a pavilion for that.

I bet they do an ABC special just on the 50th anniversary, but not until sometime next year. To keep from interfering with 2020 bookings and that will have more details on what to expect. Do we know if the 50th will run for the Calendar year or not start until 10/1/21. I'm suspecting not until 10/1/21 and then for a full year so that they can keep the 'celebration' rolling from 21 to 22 (Epcot 40th) to 23 (TWDC 100th).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom