News Tomorrowland love

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Put a water feature in TL, and a few benches, and I'll be content to chillax with a bowl of ice cream while listening to the music...😍

I liked @Bocabear's idea of taking inspiration from the Tron canopy and extending aesthetic across the main entry path and facade! I see no reason why Imagineering couldn't then add a waterfall to it. Best of old and new!

Last edited:

Bocabear

Back in the 70s the park was full of fountains...there were fountains everywhere... It was lovely...then one by one they were turned into planters or removed....which is such a shame... They add a nice sound screen, they cool the air and calm the soul... The big waterfalls at the tomorrowland entry would create a mist that drifted over the path some days... The mist was caused by the tall spire vertical jets... On a hot day it was very nice...and visually it was a big wow!

Incomudro

Back in the 70s the park was full of fountains...there were fountains everywhere... It was lovely...then one by one they were turned into planters or removed....which is such a shame... They add a nice sound screen, they cool the air and calm the soul... The big waterfalls at the tomorrowland entry would create a mist that drifted over the path some days... The mist was caused by the tall spire vertical jets... On a hot day it was very nice...and visually it was a big wow!

Fountains, plus 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was there - lots of water.

eddie104

Well unfortunately things don't always stay the same.

disneyC97

I miss all the Caribbean Plaza fountains (I think just one left inside the PotC interior queue). To keep this on topic...liked the Tomorrowland Skyway station waterfall/fountain too. Thought it was a mistake to not include a water feature in that area when it was reduced to just the restrooms building.

SteamboatJoe

I miss all the Caribbean Plaza fountains (I think just one left inside the PotC interior queue). To keep this on topic...liked the Tomorrowland Skyway station waterfall/fountain too. Thought it was a mistake to not include a water feature in that area when it was reduced to just the restrooms building.

While I appreciate the somewhat return to the retro-Tomorrowland aesthetic, I also sort of wish they would've completely overhauled the land to reflect a city of tomorrow that is (or at least looks) ecologically friendly; solar panels, garden roofs, water features throughout, etc. Think a 22nd-century version of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. That or completely embrace the Tron digital computer look.

Bocabear

While I appreciate the somewhat return to the retro-Tomorrowland aesthetic, I also sort of wish they would've completely overhauled the land to reflect a city of tomorrow that is (or at least looks) ecologically friendly; solar panels, garden roofs, water features throughout, etc. Think a 22nd-century version of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. That or completely embrace the Tron digital computer look.
There was a proposal for Disneyland back in the 90s for their Tomorrowland overhaul...It included a lot of those ideas, some of which they tried to add into the completely failed retro Tomorrowland they settled on. I think they were calling it the Montana Plan

This is what Future World should look like, IMO.

KikoKea

Either one- they need to decide. They can't seem to settle on what they want to do with TL. Pastels....bright colors....blue Tron thing....white spires of SM....purple (sort of) rocks. Let's hope they have a plan. TBH, though, I'm not expecting much with all the paint they've been spreading about.

eddie104

Either one- they need to decide. They can't seem to settle on what they want to do with TL. Pastels....bright colors....blue Tron thing....white spires of SM....purple (sort of) rocks. Let's hope they have a plan. TBH, though, I'm not expecting much with all the paint they've been spreading about.
Your just so optimistic every post of yours. 🙃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom