Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

CastleBound

I was wondering if it had to do with the potential of a new studio space in the UK for Star Wars film and TV Show productions. Don't believe this was mentioned yet.

Mainahman

There you go....
71xZhH2mPPL._SL1500_.jpg
The company formerly known as D

psuchad

Serious answer: With all the investment in hotels over the last few years, Disney needs someplace for those people to go. There is no such thing as a slow season anymore. I'm not saying a new park, but that is certainly an option. I think it may just be an experience that no one has thought of yet.

It's been forever since a water park opened. There could be another huge park expansion. I just feel it's a people eater. Possibly a fun land to offer things that are normally found off-property. Think Pirate's Cove Mini Golf, go-carts, bungee jumping, etc. Anything to keep people on the property.

tirian

I'll bet on a D23 announcement for an Indian Magic Kingdom. (See here for shameless plug.) I think there's plenty of reasons to look at India. Even on these boards, it's been discussed awhile back to first bring it to World Showcase. It was originally part of Westcot, too. A Magic Kingdom in India makes too much sense for the big money plans the Company has.

Maybe it’s because Shanghai has surprisingly low prices and an awkward layout...maybe it’s because I’m currently sitting in NYC, flipping through the pages of an old Disneyland Paris book I picked up at a used-book store...but given the challenges Disney has faced in every international market except Tokyo, I wonder if they’re truly prepared for India.

rle4lunch

Maybe it’s because Shanghai has surprisingly low prices and an awkward layout...maybe it’s because I’m currently sitting in NYC, flipping through the pages of an old Disneyland Paris book I picked up at a used-book store...but given the challenges Disney has faced in every international market except Tokyo, I wonder if they’re truly prepared for India.

Orlando is hot enough. Mumbai is sickening sweaty all year long. This ain't happening.

rle4lunch

Just looked up average monthly temps in Mumbai. The only months it averages below 90F are the rainy months, when they can average anywhere between 8-24 inches of rain per month on top of 85F-88F average temps..

And nearly 100% humidity, 365 days a year, which puts the heat index close to 100 on those high 80 days. No thanks. 24 inches of rain a month is nuts! And to have such a wide variance between 8-24 inches is cause for alarm by itself. It's miserable enough in Orlando by mid May, Mumbai is Orlando June July weather all day every day. Gag.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney buying Sea World would satisfy the animal rights activists. All of the shows will be replaced by an IMAX screen with CGI whales and dolphins.
I jokingly said this once before but...
buy Sea World
hold onto land because Uni's gonna want it bad one day - make a deal - maybe tie it to Marvel contract changes :)
move some attractions? (coasters?) to 5th Disney Park called Disney Sea built on Disney property OR majorly extend AK with this Sea theme

britain

I jokingly said this once before but...
buy Sea World
hold onto land because Uni's gonna want it bad one day - make a deal - maybe tie it to Marvel contract changes :)
move some attractions? (coasters?) to 5th Disney Park called Disney Sea built on Disney property OR majorly extend AK with this Sea theme

Buying SeaWorld does nothing but diminish the value of Disney's brand, increases overhead, and invites PR problems they don't need.

Mainahman

Buying seaworld, gives you the busch parks too, and the soon upcoming sesame street expansions etc. I love the Williamsburg parks, but your asking for trouble with Seaworld Entertainment...its not known to be solid in the books department.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom