Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

ugadawg001

This is Bob Igers Disney be prepared to be let down

And Mikey Eisner never let us down 😝

I support making Dreamfinder a SEA character. One who can lead adventures with Figment in other parks outside of Florida too.

It could work! Dreamfinder's backstory and S.E.A.'s "most prominent" member's backstories occur around the same time period, so a couple slight tweaks to their histories could easily put them together.

Dreamfinder was...
Born in 1882, he was a young inventor from a poor background studying at the Scientifica Lucida science academy in London in the year 1910.

AND

Even though S.E.A. was founded in 1538,
Prominent members of the group in the late 1800s included Harrison Hightower III, Lord Henry Mystic, Barnabas T. Bullion, Mary Oceaneer, Dr. Albert Falls, and President Jason Chandler.

It could be an easy fix to have Dreamfinder join S.E.A.!

Magenta Panther

Figment was always meant to be a sidekick, not a main character. He needs Dreamfinder. And so do we! I sure hope something wonderful happens. Maybe the tepid response to GE has awakened something at Iger's Disney - that it's DISNEY that people want to see at the Disney parks, not stupid non-Disney-generated acquisitions. Here's hoping...

Cmdr_Crimson

Too bad. I was hoping this annoying dragon would finally bid adieu.

Well, the 90's version at least.....Who else Farts Their Name.....Really?
Related image

I am hyped! All Disney needs to do is bring back Dreamfinder and have One Little Spark blasting in the ride and it will be great!
We need them back. Fans will be super mad if they choose to replace Figment and DreamFinder with Inside Out as rumored. Disney's smart. They'll do what's best for fans, and bring these characters back to relevance to make money off of new fans, too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Two things:
1) Figment without Dreamfinder is an attraction I do not want. Although I’ll take Figment over anything else.
2) I hope they get this right. I don’t want to finally get the V4 we’ve all dreamed of and have it be a point and shoot or something dumb.
There’s people in the company that “know we need to get V4 right”.

Sadly there’s no guarantee of theme.

There’s no guarantee of it being the same building.

Budgets have fluctuated widely.

Figments Friend

Supposedly Chapek actually likes established parks IP... merchandise-able ones at least. Figment, Dreamfinder and a SEA connection might be enough to get him excited.

If that is not enough to get him excited, remind ol' Bob of this -

The Marvel comic series 'Figment' released a few years ago was the highest selling Disney branded comic book ...ever.

That should motivate him.

:)

-

Figments Friend

I've always been surprised they haven't tried to make a Figment feature film.

There was some talk about that maybe happening back during the comics' run, but nothing came of it.

I am not sure how serious Disney was considering it, but it was being discussed within certain circles.
The hope was it would not only make for a great fantasy film premise, but also resurrect the current Imagination Pavilion and drive forward a new Attraction themed to the film.

I know of at least two well known Imagineers who were really hoping the movie adaption had happened.....

-

brb1006

There was some talk about that maybe happening back during the comics' run, but nothing came of it.

I am not sure how serious Disney was considering it, but it was being discussed within certain circles.
The hope was it would not only make for a great fantasy film premise, but also resurrect the current Imagination Pavilion and drive forward a new Attraction themed to the film.

I know of at least two well known Imagineers who were really hoping the movie adaption had happened.....

-
A Journey Into Imagination movie would translate perfectly in animated form.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom