News D23 Expo 2019

eddie104

None of that qualifies as a 'secret project' though. They were officially announced. If they were only rumored, I could buy in somewhat, but you can't call something 'secret' when you've announced it yourself previously.
What in your opinion qualifies as a secret project ?

Kamikaze

What in your opinion qualifies as a secret project ?

Something thats has not been officially announced by the company itself.
The Brazil pavilion would count as a secret, since Disney has never talked about it. We know its happening because of rumors and insiders, but TWDC hasn't said anything. I think its too small for its own announcement and panel, but that would be one thing that would count.

peter11435

Yes it has.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...ouse-point-bahamas-update-20190311-story.html

A quote by the DCL pres and the Bahamas PM is as official as it gets.

They're also having issues with environmentalists about the island, so I don't think they are currently doing anything with it.
Yes. They have acknowledged they are doing something on that property. They had to given the circumstances. But the project and what exactly it will entail has not been officially announced.

Crazydisneyfanluke

DCL is usually announced with the Parks. They may split them up to go into detail about the island and the 3 new ships. There seems to be a lot to announce between DCL, WDW 50th, Epcot, and maybe some DLP and DL. My bet is DCL and their Destination vacations.

Kamikaze

I wouldn’t take that word too literally.

For the vast majority of the public and even fans it’s still a secret.

It’s unlikely this will be something that hasn’t been rumored or hinted at some point.

Rumored or hinted is completely different than officially announced by the Company. The three ships and the island were officially announced, even if we don't have details. You can't officially announce something and call it a secret later. It isn't that.

peter11435

Rumored or hinted is completely different than officially announced by the Company.
Correct. And the Bahamas project has not been officially announced by the company. Various executives have answered questions and made official statements with regard to the land purchase and its environmental and public impact. They have said what they had to. There has been no official press release or public announcement regarding the project and what it entails. There’s a difference between the legal work behind the scenes and the marketing driven announcements that come late. D23 is the marketing side.

Kamikaze

Correct. And the Bahamas project has not been officially announced by the company. Various executives have answered questions and made official statements with regard to the land purchase and its environmental and public impact. They have said what they had to. There has been no official press release or public announcement regarding the project and what it entails. There’s a difference between the legal work behind the scenes and the marketing driven announcements that come late. D23 is the marketing side.

I disagree that it isn't 'official.'

I also don't think its the 'secret.'

But we're just going to go back and forth saying the same thing, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The people have spoken. At least 3 of us. Bring it, Martin.

Insiders generally know what projects are discussed, being worked on, and greenlit. They generally don't know when marketing wants to advertise them. Given what happened at last D23 where the announced Main Street Theater was soon thereafter scrapped or the Brazil pavilion announcement was pulled at the last minute is indicative that even Disney doesn't know what's going to be announced at D23.

This means the insiders don't know either. Won't be until a few days before D23 when powerpoint presentations are being finalized that the leaks will come.

MaximumEd

Insiders generally know what projects are discussed, being worked on, and greenlit. They generally don't know when marketing wants to advertise them. Given what happened at last D23 where the announced Main Street Theater was soon thereafter scrapped or the Brazil pavilion announcement was pulled at the last minute is indicative that even Disney doesn't know what's going to be announced at D23.

This means the insiders don't know either. Won't be until a few days before D23 when powerpoint presentations are being finalized that the leaks will come.

Fair enough. He can post it on the 18th, then. 😂👍🏻

TTA94

Knowing their mentality...They wouldn't cough up the cash and go with one that's not being used right now...Case in point..
hqdefault.jpg

With them hyping up MSEP at DL and with World of Color reopened....I got a strong feeling it will make it's East Coast Debut soon...

Sore subject on here about that parade going anywhere but DCA/DL lol. But as @MansionButler84 said recently there are some rumblings of some type of parade in the works for the 50th. Possibly new and nostalgic. We shall see if anything happens at D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom