News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Matterhorn isn’t visible from the Falcon queue but Big Thunder is, and it blends in really well with the rest of SWGE from that view.

In the WDW videos I kept looking for Tower of Terror. That would be an interesting thing to see from Star Wars.

I stand corrected.

The MF is pointing right at the tallest part of SDD (red line below). To see ToT, you'd have to get as far to the left behind the MF (its 8 o'clock) and look as far right as you can (yellow line). Don't know if the queue let's you get in that position.

Mickeyboof

Well, this looked cute and fun.

Probably why it got cut.

after 3:04

Attachments

• EA8UnEnUIAEhe33.jpeg
    EA8UnEnUIAEhe33.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 65
  • EA8UmqlUwAIB6Hs.jpeg
    EA8UmqlUwAIB6Hs.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 59

RobWDW1971

WDW's Galaxy's Edge is just a toy playset that Sid built in his yard.

NOW I get it! The WDI guys are really playing 3D chess with us while we are playing checkers. It's just a playset! That is why there is no music playing and it is motionless and deserted. That is why nobody is fighting with light sabers, no droids are moving, there aren't aliens, smugglers, bounty hunters, and Jedi roaming the streets! Now it actually all makes sense to me!

Brilliant!!!!

RobWDW1971

I guess the issue is they didn’t want this place to be “fun.” They wanted to differentiate it from Disneyland. They wanted it to be “real” and “immersive.”

Had a friend of mine who doesn't know anything about SWGE say he was looking forward to going when he is in WDW soon because he loves Star Wars weekends with all of the characters, the Star Wars fireworks show , the march of the stromtroopers, seeing Vader in the M&G, his son loved the Jedi training academy at DL, etc.

I paused before I had to tell him, "Um, yeah. None of that is in Star Wars land. There is no Jedi Training Academy, there is no Star Wars fireworks show with the music, no Vader/Yoda/Boba Fett, no march of the stormtroopers, no light saber fights in the streets, no thousands of characters, droids, and people dressed up like on Star Wars Weekends. But, it's, um immersive?"

When he mentioned Star Wars Weekends it really hit me how poor the creative choices are in this land - I would rather go to any Star Wars Weekend than go to deserted Batuu.

mickEblu

Had a friend of mine who doesn't know anything about SWGE say he was looking forward to going when he is in WDW soon because he loves Star Wars weekends with all of the characters, the Star Wars fireworks show , the march of the stromtroopers, seeing Vader in the M&G, his son loved the Jedi training academy at DL, etc.

I paused before I had to tell him, "Um, yeah. None of that is in Star Wars land. There is no Jedi Training Academy, there is no Star Wars fireworks show with the music, no Vader/Yoda/Boba Fett, no march of the stormtroopers, no light saber fights in the streets, no thousands of characters, droids, and people dressed up like on Star Wars Weekends. But, it's, um immersive?"

When he mentioned Star Wars Weekends it really hit me how poor the creative choices are in this land - I would rather go to any Star Wars Weekend than go to deserted Batuu.

I wouldn’t because... rides. But I get your point.

TROR

I'm going to have to admit Disneyland's defeat and say WDW's is better. The simple details of not having blast marks, slightly more color, as well as having a better layout and not being in Disneyland, it's a better guest experience. Obviously it still has a lot of flaws and would also benefit from some retooling in the next couple years, but, man, we got gipped.

This is such a small yet massive difference when discussing the lands.

mickEblu

I'm going to have to admit Disneyland's defeat and say WDW's is better. The simple details of not having blast marks, slightly more color, as well as having a better layout and not being in Disneyland, it's a better guest experience. Obviously it still has a lot of flaws and would also benefit from some retooling in the next couple years, but, man, we got gipped.

View attachment 395425

This is such a small yet massive difference when discussing the lands.

View attachment 395426

I don’t really care about the blast marks either way as I didn’t notice them in very many places. Not saying they re not there just didn’t notice. It seems that WDW has more dark and more light colors. Basically more contrast. DL’s is very heavy on the beige. This and the fact that it’s not in Disneyland I would also give DHS the Edge. Not to mention the hotel and expansion pad.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Hmm... the phrasing "their troops to patrol," leads me to believe they will be patrolling, just as they do in Disneyland.

A full on March of the First Order doesn't even make sense in the GE story.

Hmmm... I missed that. Maybe that is the end of the march.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom