CM Attacked at ToT

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
While this woman's action are completely inappropriate, the comments here in regards to what her punishment should be are not exactly good manners either. And please understand I am in no way defending the woman or what she did.

But IMO, It's nobody's place to be judge, jury and exocutioner without knowing exactly what transpired and seeing any and all evidence.

"with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you" and all that....

RobWDW1971

But IMO, It's nobody's place to be judge, jury and exocutioner without knowing exactly what transpired and seeing any and all evidence.

She punched a CM in the face - she needs to do actual prison time.

And yes I'm being judgmental and stand behind it. If I punch a CM in the face on my next vacation, feel free to judge and defame me all you wish.

Our society needs more judging, not less.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
She punched a CM in the face - she needs to do actual prison time.

And yes I'm being judgmental and stand behind it. If I punch a CM in the face on my next vacation, feel free to judge and defame me all you wish.

Our society needs more judging, not less.
Perhaps you misinterpreted the intent of my post. Either way, We are all lucky that its not your place to decide the fate of others.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The short version is...

Disney doesn't stand up to guests
Disney doesn't stand behind CMs

The more that theme is made well known... the better chance Disney is shamed to change their tune.

So many people think Disney is so magical.. working there must be so awesome... and they don't realize the abysmal way Disney treats most front-line positions.

All those comments about the guests being banned from the parks? I LOL'd. They would have been removed from the park at best and handed to the police to deal with.

ImperfectPixie

The short version is...

The more that theme is made well known... the better chance Disney is shamed to change their tune.

So many people think Disney is so magical.. working there must be so awesome... and they don't realize the abysmal way Disney treats most front-line positions.

All those comments about the guests being banned from the parks? I LOL'd. They would have been removed from the park at best and handed to the police to deal with.
I've had good managers, bad managers, and I've been in management positions before - most people will work their butts off for you if you treat them well and actively take steps to keep morale at the very least good. If you treat people poorly, not only will it kill morale, but a decent number will actively seek out ways to screw over a bad boss. Disney needs to learn this lesson ASAP.

Last edited:

fngoofy

How can the merge podium “affect the ride”?

They mayyyyy have an eStop button incase stuff went sideways?
I've gotta think that if there was say a fire that started in the lobby they would need a way to alert the building which in turn could eStop the ride.
Or it might just open a library door into someone's face. Either way, you don't mess with a ride system control board.

fngoofy

The short version is...

I was treated pretty well when I worked there. Frankly, we had very few bad guest interactions. Sometimes there was guest on guest issues, and sometimes the guests were less than polite or wanted special treatment. I was surprised how well the general public acted.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm curious why the CM said to not press charges. The Orlando Sentinel report said she had a swollen eye. I'm wondering if Disney has made it hard for CMs to press charges against unruly guests or discourages it altogether.

Discourage or prevent employees from filing charges for a felony assault? That's an HR (and legal) nightmare for TDO if that's the case.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney needs to learn this lesson ASAP

They don't feel the need to. They've already made their front line roles into 'replaceable parts'. They have plenty of people willing to work for the bad wages... and use programs like the CP to keep the coffers full too. They have incredibly high demands of employees for McDonalds level wages. Sure they give out perks other companies don't have - but they don't really invest in their people. They are so big, and have so much inertia... they have been able to say 'don't like it... leave.. someone will replace you' and driven that to the point employees are just pawns.

ImperfectPixie

They don't feel the need to. They've already made their front line roles into 'replaceable parts'. They have plenty of people willing to work for the bad wages... and use programs like the CP to keep the coffers full too. They have incredibly high demands of employees for McDonalds level wages. Sure they give out perks other companies don't have - but they don't really invest in their people. They are so big, and have so much inertia... they have been able to say 'don't like it... leave.. someone will replace you' and driven that to the point employees are just pawns.
Yep. But you know what they say about bad news traveling faster than good news...it will get to a point where they find themselves in a pinch and have no choice but to start treating people better. It may take awhile, but I really think it will happen eventually. High employee turnaround is way more expensive than keeping good people.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Discourage or prevent employees from filing charges for a felony assault? That's an HR (and legal) nightmare for TDO if that's the case.

It's not felony assault for one. Its misdemeanor battery and assault. And there are lots of ways Disney can be less than supportive without actually preventing CMs from pursuing charges against guests.

A legit company would actually allow their employees to be ON THE CLOCK while defending themselves in the duty of the company. And would provide them legal support for defending themselves in the duty of the company. The employee shouldn't have to do anything except meet their responsibilities and do their job.

But Disney doesn't do this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yep. But you know what they say about bad news traveling faster than good news...it will get to a point where they find themselves in a pinch and have no choice but to start treating people better. It may take awhile, but I really think it will happen eventually. High employee turnaround is way more expensive than keeping good people.

Disney has been doing this for onwards of 20 years... the reality is the labor market down there is too dependent on Disney. Hell, just look at how many threads you can find this year alone about people saying 'they moved to orlando to work for disney'.

The curtain and aurora is still intact. Disney does a great job of silencing and drowning out the negativity.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The woman clearly spent her life-savings to buy a trip to WDW...there's no money left to get from a trial.

It's a felony - assault. To be prosecuted as a crime by the state attorney.

The girl has probably already fled to Chicago...no extradition to Florida haha

The State of Florida can stretch its legal arms to Illinois, I can assure you. I prepared extradition warrants for the state - both domestic and international.

Plus, the publicity nightmare for Disney and the poor CM's privacy. What if any video or account showed the CM did anything that a lawyer could use against her? Or if there's any political, or protected class/group, issues? Not worth it over a punch.

There's no "protected class" for felonious assault. But I'm sure plenty of eyewitnesses to the assault. And video evidence.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's not felony assault for one. Its misdemeanor battery and assault. And there are lots of ways Disney can be less than supportive without actually preventing CMs from pursuing charges against guests.

A legit company would actually allow their employees to be ON THE CLOCK while defending themselves in the duty of the company. And would provide them legal support for defending themselves in the duty of the company. The employee shouldn't have to do anything except meet their responsibilities and do their job.

But Disney doesn't do this.

Incorrect. It can be either and would be up to the state attorney to determine which charge is filed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Incorrect. It can be either and would be up to the state attorney to determine which charge is filed.

The definition is pretty easy...

assault is a misdomeaner. Aggravated assault is a felony, but is:
(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or
(b) With an intent to commit a felony.

Clearly that doesn't apply here. battery can be a felony if they are a repeat offender for assault or battery.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The definition is pretty easy...

assault is a misdomeaner. Aggravated assault is a felony, but is:
(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or
(b) With an intent to commit a felony.

Clearly that doesn't apply here. battery can be a felony if they are a repeat offender for assault or battery.

Again, it would be up to the state attorney for the 9th judicial district to determine which charges would be filed. None of us know the entire story.

But it's moot as the victim decided not to press charges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom