Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

MouseBrayden

There was a Galaxy's Edge Twitter account that was saying that the problem is ADA issues with the cars. There is also someone on Micechat that seems to be considered a reliable source who is saying that the problem is purely software related although he did also mention the inside of the ride being a mess. Not sure who to believe on this one.
Attraction pushed back 4 months for “purely software” as a team goes in and removes the flooring for the entire ride path. Sounds reasonable lol.

jt04

Right! I would love to know exactly what has happened. Instead of Area 51 lets all just rush this. Less guns to deal with but they will have lightsabers so it might equal out in difficulty... ;)
Hmm...I just found this interesting. Stating something as fact with a fictional event. It implies you believe the Hulk is a real thing.

Hulk is infinitely more believable than alien technology. If we had alien tech then RotR wouldn't be delayed.

britain

Tracking issues
Certain physical positioning issues
DOSH

Isn’t DOSH’s concerns essentially that the first two items need to be solved?

Or is this another case of “we need some retractable maintenance catwalks installed” like at Splash Mountain a few years ago?

In other words, are we talking guest safety or cast safety?

Jambo Joe

It depends on how busy it gets and how long it remains.

FastPass is being disabled for “better efficiency”.

I know. Imagine that.
From your perspective do you consider FastPass+ to be a failure? Although we have learned to plan ahead and target our 3 passes a day during our trips, we seldom even try to get on anything else that’s popular because the lines are too long. Not very spontaneous.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From your perspective do you consider FastPass+ to be a failure?
Personally? Overall yes. It failed to spread crowds evenly. It created artificially inflated wait times. New attractions still need to be built. Guests still leave property. It reduces attraction efficiency. It requires more cast. Without my personal feelings those are factual points.

And it cost a fortune.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
DOSH’s involvement is a separate issue. That’s all I can say.

Do we love California or what?
Disneyland_Prop_65_Warning_crop.jpg

Good thing we get the unsafe version in Florida.

rioriz

Personally? Overall yes. It failed to spread crowds evenly. It created artificially inflated wait times. New attractions still need to be built. Guests still leave property. It reduces attraction efficiency. It requires more cast. Without my personal feelings those are factual points.

And it cost a fortune.
Trying not to Steer the conversation too much...I haven't been to the world in almost a year. Is it still you can only get your allotted FP+ in one park per day? I always felt that was a big issue in not spreading out Park attendance.

In the old system id go to 3 parks a day being able to get paper FP In each Park.

nickys

Premium Member
Trying not to Steer the conversation too much...I haven't been to the world in almost a year. Is it still you can only get your allotted FP+ in one park per day? I always felt that was a big issue in not spreading out Park attendance.

In the old system id go to 3 parks a day being able to get paper FP In each Park.

You can only pre-book in one park ahead of time. But on the day you can park hop and use FPs.

You don’t need to book all three initial FPs in advance either. You can pre-book just one or two if you like and as soon as you tap in for one of them, then you can book at other parks for the same day.

rioriz

You can only pre-book in one park ahead of time. But on the day you can park hop and use FPs.

You don’t need to book all three initial FPs in advance either. You can pre-book just one or two if you like and as soon as you tap in for one of them, then you can book at other parks for the same day.
Ok, yeah I have always just done three one park pre booked. Still it's a failure for what the end results were to be.

Surferboy567

I'll be there on 12/5.... Any chance they do the reservation system like they did at DL for the opening of RotR?

I think they want to distance themselves from that...but it’s going to be a mad house probably do they will probably put some kind of crowd control measure in place...be ready

SJN1279

Part of me thinks they are opening Rise of the Resistance first at Disneyworld because they know it will bring huge crowds for opening.
Two weeks before the opening of the new film, huge crowds, and great synergy.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Part of me thinks they are opening Rise of the Resistance first at Disneyworld because they know it will bring huge crowds for opening.
Two weeks before the opening of the new film, huge crowds, and great synergy.

It's opening at around the busiest time of the years for the parks. If the huge crowds don't materialize then maybe TDO should just hang it up and close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom