The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm a mean evil mommy according to one ds. "What no cake or pie? Only fresh fruit?":cautious:

When I was growing up we had an aunt who was amazing and fun but we HATED going to her house. She only had whole wheat organic healthy food. Even her soda was sweetener free.

I found out this weekend that I'm that aunt now. My nephew didn't like my bread and wouldn't eat my pancakes and said my jam tasted funny (which is funny because the only reason I bought jam was because they were coming up).

I'm the hippie healthy fun aunt, I guess, LOL

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure, but I think that A/C systems in the summer, and heating systems in the winter, are in cahoots -- and that they're all one company that makes them. And they're programmed to bust when we most need them!! :banghead:
In all fairness, they would probably breakdown in reverse order, but, since you don't use the heat in the summer and you don't use AC in the winter one never knows. But, nice conspiracy theory though! This is what a lot of us do after we retire. Nothing better to do then come up with theories that we never had time to think about before. You have eased into the world of the idle very quickly. Way to go.

Let me tell you of another thing that will be happening. You will decide to take a vacation and someone will ask... a vacation from what? The response is a vacation after retirement really is just being idle in a different, hopefully exotic, location.

donaldtoo

I'll keep up on the news for you. It's an odd little hobby I have -- I'm always watching local, national and international news, or reading it from the "wires" (Reuters, AP, UPI, etc.) online. Don't know why I continue to do this to myself on a daily basis, but I must be a glutton for punishment?! :p

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Yep, I was big-time up on the news when we were raisin’ a family.
Ultimately, the world’s been goin’ to hell in a flamin’ handbasket since the beginning of time, (so, we all have that goin’ for us :hilarious:), and it’s still, somehow, here...!!! :geek:
Oh, I still care, and if something major comes up I’ll be on it like fat on my ol’ beeeeehind ;), but, beyond that, I just sit back, live my life, and try not to worry about it all.
I realized, back then, that me worrying about what was gonna’ happen never had any affect whatsoever on what actually happend...!!! :D;):)
I have since passed the torch to our kiddos, who seem to really keep up with it all...!!! :)
So, thanks to you, and them ;), for havin’ my back...!!! ;):)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Careful with Aleve, Advil, etc. Ruined my stomach when my back was at its worst in 2005. It doesn’t take years.

Tylenol is easier on the tummy but rougher on the liver.

Take the Advil with food or pepto!

I fear Tylenol as much as I fear appertain. The research isn't good on either but hey! at least there is less to worry about with Advil then there is with Opioids. :cyclops: It i a high ankle stain so it is being very stubborn to heal.

Gabe1

My best 2 guesses about all this are:

1. The royal photographer may have consulted with the Royals ahead of time, and suggested that light-colored clothing may work better as a backdrop to the baby's fair skin. I also noticed that the other women in the photo all had lighter (and coordinating colors) on, that would blend with the green accents in the room. The only two "dark" colors were Charles and William -- they kinda looked like standing bookends? ;)

2. Harry and Megan are very independent. They (at least outwardly) treat each other as equals, and it may have been their decision for them to both wear light-colored clothing and nothing else. But again, my main hunch is that all of the colors on the people, were selected by a wardrobe consultant. Somehow I just can't see all of them "showing up" in whatever they felt like wearing that day, for an official photo.

Yep you hit on what I was thinking, none of them seemed to be on the same page beyond the two Navy Blue Princes but they were a rainbow of colors. Maybe that is indeed what this photographer wanted? Beyond the fad of picture socks I have yet to see suits with clashing socks and shoes meant for jeans or khakis. I was surprised but I still am betting on the Queen Mum wasn't there so all bets were off, they dress more formally for a parade which I guess shows priorities.

But it was just an observation, just my opinion about respect for the event. I've always held out higher dress codes for church than for work, I thank the Nuns for beating that into me with hats in church and white gloves on my hands with school uniforms to my knees. There won't be a right or wrong position just like the last time we were speaking of something being to casual for work

...I don't dress as formally as I used to for work, but I'd never show up in jeans, no matter how relaxed dress codes become in the workplace.

I still think that too casual a wardrobe reflects more of an effort (on the part of an employee) to please herself, versus dressing up a bit, to show you represent the company.

Funny we both took pretty much the opposite stance the last time we touched on the subject of appropriate attire. You supported more formal for work and me I lived my whole career in jeans which you would never think of doing. Seems I hold more formal dressing for a Church Christening while you reserve more formal for the workplace. Demonstrates why there is such a wide variety at church and at work I guess.

FYI This is Kate heading to Charlotte's Christening with her son and her hubby. Prince George will be allowed to wear long pants when he turns 8 years old. He is more than half way there, he is 5.

2A4022C200000578-3149880-This_was_the_nation_s_first_glimpse_of_the_Duke_and_Duchess_of_C-m-47_1436110567845.jpg

StarWarsGirl

I'm trying. It is getting stronger which is my goal but it still requires Advil by the end of the day and a tad bit puffy. I am trying to build back up my step count but what I really want to do is get back on my bike. I was out on the bike before the heatwave struck and it did very well likely cause there isn't direct impact except what I had to suddenly stop and landed on the foot kinda hard. I am trying to be good. It needs to be better by my next trip.
Try sleeping with it up on a couple of pillows. It'll help the swelling. Biking is better than walking, but if you have access to a pool, swimming is best. As you're sitting, try taking off the brace and doing exercises. Try drawing circles and drawing the alphabet with your foot.

Also, you should be icing it for twenty minutes at least twice a day, but the more the better.

Gabe1

I'm not sure what the concern is about what the "center of attention" family is wearing. It looks fine, yet, no one has mentioned whomever that is right behind them with the oversize fedora or Camilla wearing a small car on her head. I think everyone there is reflecting there own personality. No one is in jeans or tank top.

The two with the funeral suits on are definable. The one on the left is a dejected might have been King if his Mother hadn't lived as long as she has and the one on the right has to maintain the stiff upper lip of the future King, which he will surely be.

Giggle. I so understand the Royals Hats. I am Catholic, that should explain it all. I was raised that way. I had to wear a hat to Mass, I had to have white gloves on my hands in Church. At school I was in a uniform dress to my knees and this weird beanie atop my head. For more special events in church I had to wear White Dress for my baptism, a white formal dress and a veiled head for my First Communion and a white formal dress also with a veiled head when I was Confirmed. My Nuns were 'covered' nuns with dresses to the floor and heads were 'covered, only the rounds of their face was allowed to be shown.

So I understand the traditions the Royals do not break. Rarely are the woman's heads not covered when in their official capacity.

Gabe1

Try sleeping with it up on a couple of pillows. It'll help the swelling. Biking is better than walking, but if you have access to a pool, swimming is best. As you're sitting, try taking off the brace and doing exercises. Try drawing circles and drawing the alphabet with your foot.

Also, you should be icing it for twenty minutes at least twice a day, but the more the better.

OK I'll try those exercises. Thank you. Swimming seems to make it more sore but in different way, the resistance to pushing through the water.

I go to sleep with my foot elevated and wake up with pillows on the floor and me on my tummy. It works while I am awake. I am still icing it when I walk too much. This is rough for me to behave 'cause I normally walk at least 5 miles a day and usually more in the nice month. It just better heal before WDW cause I don't want to do a cart again.

Thanks for the hints, appreciated.

Gabe1

I feel like royalty in this Indonesian hotel. Our American dollars have such strong buying power in this country. We are in a hotel room suite that does truly have 2 enormous rooms just for us. I won't show photos of that but now I am down by the breakfast area....View attachment 387967View attachment 387968

Very nice! I love lobbies like that. They all seem to have an artful decor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom