News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Surfin' Tuna

Was there this weekend. Almost inconceivable coincidence: had been to a meeting about the lounges and offerings (largely as have been reported elsewhere), and then was leaving DHS a couple of days later and while waiting for the bus for the WL, a lady wearing a Club 33 wristband (soft gold color) and Club 33 necklace sat down next to my son and I. We talked for about 30min. She thought that they were just about already to a waiting list. She purportedly lives in Vegas and in building a house in Golden Oaks. fwiw, she thinks that it's the best thing ever. I don't go enough to make it worth it - though I had to think hard about it.

My dad thinks it had to be a set-up. The odds of running into a member randomly in the same trip are so unlikely!
She told you all of this and told you they were just about at a waiting list? Weird. I don't think they are sending covert operatives for recruitment, but it is an odd story all around.

rreading

Setup like they’re recruiting you??

I wouldn't necessarily think so...but I was there without my wife...and it was an unmarried lady about my age who was UNMISTAKENLY representing Club 33. Gets in line for the bus just after I do. Doesn't have anything untoward to say about the Club. (fwiw, apparently she mentioned that some members think that Disney will put a part of Club 33 in Galaxy Edge since the DHS member lounge is the smallest of the four and that it will be overwhelmed soon). And we know that Disney knows where we are in the parks.

39K + 16K/year is small change for Disney, but still...so strange.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was there this weekend. Almost inconceivable coincidence: had been to a meeting about the lounges and offerings (largely as have been reported elsewhere), and then was leaving DHS a couple of days later and while waiting for the bus for the WL, a lady wearing a Club 33 wristband (soft gold color) and Club 33 necklace sat down next to my son and I. We talked for about 30min. She thought that they were just about already to a waiting list. She purportedly lives in Vegas and in building a house in Golden Oaks. fwiw, she thinks that it's the best thing ever. I don't go enough to make it worth it - though I had to think hard about it.

My dad thinks it had to be a set-up. The odds of running into a member randomly in the same trip are so unlikely!

I'd start writing down the license plate numbers of the cars and vans that pass your house...

ABQ

I wouldn't necessarily think so...but I was there without my wife...and it was an unmarried lady about my age who was UNMISTAKENLY representing Club 33. Gets in line for the bus just after I do. Doesn't have anything untoward to say about the Club. (fwiw, apparently she mentioned that some members think that Disney will put a part of Club 33 in Galaxy Edge since the DHS member lounge is the smallest of the four and that it will be overwhelmed soon). And we know that Disney knows where we are in the parks.

Weird, she has plenty of disposable income, is building a home in Golden Oaks, yet rides the bus? Guess that's one way to save enough to get my own Club 33 membership.

MickeyMinnieMom

Somehow I doubt they’d have to stalk people to join... but that’s me. :)

My95cobras

Did you see escape from tomorrow recently?

rreading

Weird, she has plenty of disposable income, is building a home in Golden Oaks, yet rides the bus? Guess that's one way to save enough to get my own Club 33 membership.

And again, if there are 600 members - I would assume that maybe a third of them are in the parks on any given day. So 200 presumably all spread out (why would many of them be at DHS at this point?) then maybe 50 members at most at DHS.

So the odds of one on the same bus as me, much less showing up right after me in line for the bus?

Also strange: there were only a few people ahead of my boy and I, so I assumed that we would be waiting a bit so we sat down on the ground in line. When she queued up, she also sat down on the ground. Doesn't seem like the most likely thing for a lady in the parks on her own to do. Nothing wrong with it, but I would wager that fewer than a third of folks in line for the bus tend to sit on the ground.

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

And again, if there are 600 members - I would assume that maybe a third of them are in the parks on any given day. So 200 presumably all spread out (why would many of them be at DHS at this point?) then maybe 50 members at most at DHS.

So the odds of one on the same bus as me, much less showing up right after me in line for the bus?

Also strange: there were only a few people ahead of my boy and I, so I assumed that we would be waiting a bit so we sat down on the ground in line. When she queued up, she also sat down on the ground. Doesn't seem like the most likely thing for a lady in the parks on her own to do. Nothing wrong with it, but I would wager that fewer than a third of folks in line for the bus tend to sit on the ground.
You REALLY believe that this is how Disney conducts sales? Truly??

Last edited:

Eeyore13

You talking about this story like this is more likely to have been set up by Disney than the event that actually happened...

HauntedMansionFLA

I was at DAK today and saw this walking toward the bridge heading to Pandora. Is this where the Club 33 is going to be located?
Work must be going well - there’s a ladder involved.
089416D5-4248-41D0-9C66-4B04AB7DA023.jpeg

durangojim

I had an interesting albeit short conversation with a WDW Club 33 member a couple of days ago while I was at guest services. She was trying to reassign one of the one day tickets they receive to her housekeeper but did not have the house keepers ID with her. She told the Guest Services CM at Main Street that she needed to do so but didn't want to spend more time because she had a VIP tour in 15 minutes and kept asking if they could change the ticket at Club 33. The CM was nice but told her it was impossible to reassign the ticket without the housekeeper physically present. At this point I asked the guest how she enjoyed being a Club 33 member here at WDW. She shrugged and said, I still have to wait here don't I, and then mentioned that the food and drinks were fine but nothing special. I didn't press her more on it but I have to admit that it kind of made me happy that my wife and I didn't pursue it more when they first announced the memberships.

Surfin' Tuna

I'm not saying everyone should join Club 33, but that's not the way it's supposed to work. If that was at one of the parks with a club they are supposed to be able to handle that at the club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom