News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

pdude81

“First messaging”... to whom? I can’t remember when I first heard about a Club 33 in WDW, but I don’t recall thinking they had made a big public announcement at any point.
The first announcement in April 2017 indicated there would be more details coming in Fall 2017 and other articles and blogs at the time were saying the club would be opening in the fall. Autoreply emails later in the summer spoke to an official announcement later in the year.

Chomama

I think people are willing to wait for a well executed new build in Africa. The other three lounges are well themed but had to use existing space. AK will he even more special and from what I have heard it will be worth the wait! And no it won’t open in early 2019 😂

MickeyMinnieMom

The first announcement in April 2017 indicated there would be more details coming in Fall 2017 and other articles and blogs at the time were saying the club would be opening in the fall. Autoreply emails later in the summer spoke to an official announcement later in the year.
Ah, ok! So the only official word from Disney in Apr17 was that more info would come in Fall 2017. Blogs and such reported more and were wrong. That fits with my recollection.

DisneyRealist

I think people are willing to wait for a well executed new build in Africa. The other three lounges are well themed but had to use existing space. AK will he even more special and from what I have heard it will be worth the wait! And no it won’t open in early 2019 😂

Magic Kingdom was a new build, they replaced an existing patio with a new structure. It is extremely nice. Animal Kingdom will have the blessing of a larger footprint, however.

Remlap

Do we known if there is a Merch Cabinet like Disneyland’s and if yes which of the locations.

Attachments

• D66C8434-5C80-4888-8439-C2D640D706C0.jpeg
    D66C8434-5C80-4888-8439-C2D640D706C0.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 325

doctornick

Magic Kingdom was a new build, they replaced an existing patio with a new structure. It is extremely nice. Animal Kingdom will have the blessing of a larger footprint, however.

I'm still really curious about DAK's build and if it will be a more full service (since they could build a proper dining location if they desired) and/or if there will be any co-located food service for the ordinary non-Club 33 pions. Since they are building in a new space, it seems like a waste to not double up the kitchen function and but a revenue producer to the general public with some sort of food location.

rreading

Was there this weekend. Almost inconceivable coincidence: had been to a meeting about the lounges and offerings (largely as have been reported elsewhere), and then was leaving DHS a couple of days later and while waiting for the bus for the WL, a lady wearing a Club 33 wristband (soft gold color) and Club 33 necklace sat down next to my son and I. We talked for about 30min. She thought that they were just about already to a waiting list. She purportedly lives in Vegas and in building a house in Golden Oaks. fwiw, she thinks that it's the best thing ever. I don't go enough to make it worth it - though I had to think hard about it.

My dad thinks it had to be a set-up. The odds of running into a member randomly in the same trip are so unlikely!

MickeyMinnieMom

Was there this weekend. Almost inconceivable coincidence: had been to a meeting about the lounges and offerings (largely as have been reported elsewhere), and then was leaving DHS a couple of days later and while waiting for the bus for the WL, a lady wearing a Club 33 wristband (soft gold color) and Club 33 necklace sat down next to my son and I. We talked for about 30min. She thought that they were just about already to a waiting list. She purportedly lives in Vegas and in building a house in Golden Oaks. fwiw, she thinks that it's the best thing ever. I don't go enough to make it worth it - though I had to think hard about it.

My dad thinks it had to be a set-up. The odds of running into a member randomly in the same trip are so unlikely!
Setup like they’re recruiting you??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom