News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

MickeyMan36

Let's get this party started again. Anyone have eyes on an movement toward a build or build out in AK? I assume that they will try to get the fourth club up and running in early 2019.

pdude81

Let's get this party started again. Anyone have eyes on an movement toward a build or build out in AK? I assume that they will try to get the fourth club up and running in early 2019.
That would be great, but I'd assume with a new build we'd get the occasional leak or construction photo. Then again, I might just be a little jaded because they said they'd have the whole thing up and running by the end of 2017.

pdude81

When did they say that??
I believe the first messaging indicated they would be opening or at least enrolling in the Fall of 2017. That was somewhere around April of last year. Not sure if the timelines changed, or they were going back and forth over what the scope of the project would be.

pdude81

By the summer it was to be more info by the end of the year, and then a few rogue articles speculating it was dead since nobody heard... under somewhere around February when they started soliciting at Golden Oaks.

MickeyMinnieMom

All that money to sit in a Hyatt Hotel lobby?
You'd have to really really really be lacking brain cells, fiscally irresponsible, spending money for status name-dropping frivolities when you should be giving it to charity, or racking up debt you know you'll never be able to pay back to afford the price they want to spend time in that.
You seem nice. :)

MickeyMinnieMom

I believe the first messaging indicated they would be opening or at least enrolling in the Fall of 2017. That was somewhere around April of last year. Not sure if the timelines changed, or they were going back and forth over what the scope of the project would be.
“First messaging”... to whom? I can’t remember when I first heard about a Club 33 in WDW, but I don’t recall thinking they had made a big public announcement at any point.

DonaldDoleWhip

The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom lounges should be better, but I agree that the DHS shots don't look impressive at all. The raison d'être in this instance is that they wanted a club in each park, which isn't very compelling; I'd rather sit in the regular Brown Derby anyway.

On the contrary, Disneyland's Club 33 truly looks special, even if some of its history and charm has been eroded. I'd love to have a meal there one day and am happy for those who can, whereas the FOMO is nonexistent in this case.

DisneyRealist

Few things to add to this:

Of the three Club 33 venues at WDW, this is the least photographically impressive. Notwithstanding that fact, this photo was taken with all of the show lighting off and the work lights on. This really detracts from the overall atmosphere, which is way above what this photo conveys.

Trying to compare this to Disneyland's Club is a mistake. That's a French nouveau style, while this is mid-century modern. Very, very different styles. It's like comparing the design aesthetic of Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bills.

The photo is missing many of the unique design touches and artifacts displayed throughout the space, which does not do it justice.

Most importantly is that this can not convey the impressive soft product. The service at these venues exceeds anything I've seen at DL or WDW. The food & beverage program is amazing. As a member of both clubs, I was very concerned about the lack of a "full service restaurant" but I don't miss it one bit. What they do offer is amazing, well prepared and more than enough for any meal.

Old Mouseketeer

Few things to add to this:

Of the three Club 33 venues at WDW, this is the least photographically impressive. Notwithstanding that fact, this photo was taken with all of the show lighting off and the work lights on. This really detracts from the overall atmosphere, which is way above what this photo conveys.

Trying to compare this to Disneyland's Club is a mistake. That's a French nouveau style, while this is mid-century modern. Very, very different styles. It's like comparing the design aesthetic of Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bills.

The photo is missing many of the unique design touches and artifacts displayed throughout the space, which does not do it justice.

Most importantly is that this can not convey the impressive soft product. The service at these venues exceeds anything I've seen at DL or WDW. The food & beverage program is amazing. As a member of both clubs, I was very concerned about the lack of a "full service restaurant" but I don't miss it one bit. What they do offer is amazing, well prepared and more than enough for any meal.

I can easily see what you're saying about these shots. The decor is wonderful mid-century and with show lighting and seeing the details, I think I might really like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom