The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

I really wish Riverfront Square had been built in St. Louis. I would love to see Disney revive the original plans.

Darkbeer1

Hi all, a few random thoughts...

Today is the first day I have had that I am free (Well, need to go to the gym to work out...), and my first chance to read and post in weeks.

To SoCalifornian, it was nice to meet you at SFMM, sorry if I wasn't 100%, but lack of sleep does strange things.

The new Habit on Katella in the Cambria parking lot is now open. The new Hotels, and parking lot work at MCML and Bullseye are all progressing nicely.

I have a new title in my name, so you can call me Darkbeer CTA. Hey, I get some really good discounts.

The head of the Anaheim Chamber talked about something big being planned for the resort area.

I am just happy for 39 Commons coming to West Anaheim on Beach Boulevard!

Happy 4th to everyone, hopefully I can catch up on some of the posts over the next few days.

And congrats to the USA Women's Soccer Team, off to the Finals!

George Lucas on a Bench

There's some sort of Haunted Mansion exhibit in the Abe Lincoln lobby. Not too much to see and it appeared severely underwhelming at first, but there's just enough charm present. Many of the artists' renderings are extremely crude and represent HM very well. I also like the Dracula one.

20190702_153546.jpg20190702_153815.jpg20190702_153859.jpg20190702_154012.jpg20190702_154121.jpg20190702_154233.jpg

Attachments

• 20190702_153546.jpg
    20190702_153546.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 43

Darkbeer1

You’re back! Was good to meet you too, I haven’t been sleeping much either so you felt 100% to me haha and congrats
Let me Add that on Monday Afternoon at SFMM I was using my walker instead of my scooter. Now, I did use the scooter much of the time at SFMM due to the size and the hills. And that I was driven to the back of the park backstage, so I could use the walker on the Hard hat tour of WCR on rough dirt.

But much of June I have bee using the walker. During IPW, I used the walker 100% of the time including a nine hour shift at LAX, almost the entire time standing up.

Still have never damage but building up my muscle strength.

To be honest, much prefer to be standing up versus sitting down.

And I was so impressed with the entire SFMM senior staff. They went the extra mile!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Have y’all seen the Ariel news... I don’t think it’s a bad choice.

I don’t like the choice. I’ve said before if they want to represent diverse ethnicities and races than they should write the new stories with that in mind. I have no problem with Pocahontas, Tiana, Mulan, Miguel from Coco etc. but this is just silly. I would be equally weirded out by them casting Tiana as anyone other than a black woman.

Doesn’t really matter though. Most of the live action remakes suck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom