News New movie coming Epcot's Canada Pavilion

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I could've sworn Disney talked about the new digital seamless circlevision rig at last d23

I believe that was specifically mentioned with regards to the new film going in at the China pavilion. The assumption was always that if it was a completely new film in Canada as well, they would likely make the same changes, but if it was just a remaster of the current film, the new projection may not happen.

jt04

I believe that was specifically mentioned with regards to the new film going in at the China pavilion. The assumption was always that if it was a completely new film in Canada as well, they would likely make the same changes, but if it was just a remaster of the current film, the new projection may not happen.

WDWMagic is almost always right. So likely new system is happening.

ThatMouse

That would be pretty dumb if they remastered it. A new projection system would probably only use 5 projectors and Circle-vision was done with 9. Converting 9 films to 5 would actually create more seams than the original lol!!

Epcot_Imagineer

I could've sworn Disney talked about the new digital seamless circlevision rig at last d23
I believe that was specifically mentioned with regards to the new film going in at the China pavilion.

This is what I meant; it was specifically pointed out for use in China, just making sure that the "new system" being talked about for Canada is the seamless circlevision.
WDWMagic is almost always right. So likely new system is happening.

Wasn't doubting the news, was just looking for explicit clarification that the new system is infact seamless circlevision.

the.dreamfinder

Fry-KeanuReeves-2.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That would be pretty dumb if they remastered it. A new projection system would probably only use 5 projectors and Circle-vision was done with 9. Converting 9 films to 5 would actually create more seams than the original lol!!
Let's see... 9 screens with two seams each, but 8 of them are shared means ... 9 seams.
5 screens with two seams each but 4 of them are shared means... 5 seams.

5 > 9?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is this a confirmation of the new projection system being talked about by insiders?
Seamless screens are proposed for all 3 theatres. Prep work has been going on for a while now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom