The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Okay, so this is going to sound ridiculous, but dh were arguing about the bean farting poem. I learned it as “Beans, beans they’re good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart. , etc”. He says I am wrong and he learned it as “Eat beans, they’re good for your heart.” So who is right? Is this a geographical thing?? Or what?
I never thought of different variations of this. Very interesting. I am pretty sure the first time I heard this particular oeuvre was in the Midwest. To me it has always been (best snooty Shakespearean actor voice):
Beans, beans the magical fruit,
The more you eat,
The more you toot.

The more you toot,
The better you feel.
So make beans part of every meal.

CoreNovawarAMM

I never thought of different variations of this. Very interesting. I am pretty sure the first time I heard this particular oeuvre was in the Midwest. To me it has always been (best snooty Shakespearean actor voice):
The more you eat,
The more you toot.

The more you toot,
The better you feel.
That’s the version I’ve heard, too...I never really thought there was more than one variation. Interesting.🤔

Figgy1

Premium Member
The more you eat,
The more you toot.

The more you toot,
The better you feel.
That’s the version I’ve heard, too...I never really thought there was more than one variation. Interesting.🤔
There are at least 5 verses, and my boys know them all:rolleyes:

MySmallWorldof4

Watched Skilling last night. The good news is this should be the last rainy cold day. Starting tomorrow, warmer, getting humid, with rain and thunderstorms. My poor doggie was just looking at me this morning like I am crazy, making her go out in the rain all the time. She is a princess, and doesn't like being wet.
I have one of those which is why we keep a puppy pad in the garage. :rolleyes:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan and @figmentfan423 If either of you ever decides to come to Oahu, there's a military hotel next to the Hilton on Waikiki called the Hale Koa. It looks super nice. They're also building a pool complex there that looks like a mini water park. Definitely worth checking out if you ever decide to vacation over here.
We got that email just after returning from Shades of Green, thnx for thinking of us.

Usually with military hotels have have an active duty person in your pay. Anyone know if this is also like that? I thought SOG was the only real exception and they only do exceptions two months a year.

wdwfan4ver

Okay, so this is going to sound ridiculous, but dh were arguing about the bean farting poem. I learned it as “Beans, beans they’re good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart. , etc”. He says I am wrong and he learned it as “Eat beans, they’re good for your heart.” So who is right? Is this a geographical thing?? Or what?
I grew up hearing about the bean farting poem as your version of it.

No many how you look at it, beans did cause this famous scene:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom