The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
James has beautiful red hair and wanted to bleach and dye it blue in middle school. I played the mom card. Now he'd just get stink eye and laughing for a couple of weeks

Yep. The Mom card is a great tool if used judicially. My son has that pitch black-black Irish hair. Life was fine. It took a couple weeks, he always has short hair and the swimmers-boys always cut it short for conference to state meets. Not like bleaching my long hair. Now if he told me he was going to poke a 3rd nostril in his nose at 14 years old I’d would have been digging for that Mom card. Lol

Gabe1

Well DD and I experimented. Neither of our ears will allow am earring post. We can see the tiny dots more scars for when there were holes in the front. On the back of the lobe we can’t see any indication of holes once there. I use to be able to feel the shafts in the lobes but they are gone. My DD said she can’t feel hers either.

Note. I don’t believe I’ve ever spent so much time focusing on my ear lobes :facepalm:

donaldtoo

No tattoos on me or dh. I personally don't care for them or want any of our kids to ever get one. I don't care if anyone else does though.
One of my sil's got one with her friends from high school about 10 years ago. It was a best friends tattoo party. They all got the same one. Well, they aren't really friends anymore. :oops:

SonIL has 2 or 3 tattoos...? Oldest DD and youngest DD have matching tattoos on the top of their feet, and oldest DD has one on one hip.
Ultimately, they’ve been adults for quite some time, and it’s none of my business.
Their lives, their bodies, their business, and we never protested in any way, shape, or form, as they were all adults at the time...!!! :happy::)
Just not my ol’ wrinkly-skinned thang, at this point...!!!!! :hilarious:

AD839E80-E40C-4D2E-BDB5-2E0C3D90A515.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabe1

It's funny how things change. My grandma has her ears pierced, and I believe my maternal grandmother did as well. My mom was fairly young having hers done; I'd have to ask.

Of course, my grandparents were not conservative. From what I understand, they were basically the caste of Grease.

Funny what a decade or two will do. I think also playing hard into it was the general area I grew up in was intolerance to just about anything. Odd. If you will Liberal thoughts with very conservative implementation. Must remember I grew up 4 blocks from this lady
medium.jpg

Gabe1

I have the same issue. I take mine out at night or if I need to wear them longer, do hypoallergenic (Claire's has them) or Sterling silver.

Interestingly, the only rings that are comfortable for me are also Sterling silver.

I have to coat anything silver with nailpolish. I can wear gold or platinum. I have one ring that is living its life comfortably for about 15 years in a safety deposit box that is platinum and never does it make me itch. Watches usually have stainless on the back covers to I can get away with that.

Gabe1

That's the way my parents are. No one in my family over the age of 40 has tattoos. I personally don't like the look of most of them. With the exception of one of my team members. She has a tattoo of a puzzle piece with her daughter's initials on her wrist. It's meant to be an autism advocacy thing since her daughter is on the spectrum (every child is a piece of the autism puzzle). I think it's tasteful. But again, not something I'd choose for myself.

I've seen the puzzle pieces too. A click of our elementary school teachers (and click like mean girls click of 7) all got the puzzle piece just above their ankle. A few of the newer teachers expressed interest in going with and joining, the answer was no that's OK it is our thing. But the local paper (that they called did come and do an interview and article on the teaching staffs tattoos.)

Gabe1

Yeah. He probably could benefit from antianxiety medication. Given that his mother, his sister, his daughter, and his son are all on medication, not sure why he thinks he doesn't need it. He was more neurotic about me driving in California than flying. Me driving for some reason makes him nervous. Of course his driving is starting to make me nervous, so there's that. Flying to CA was Southwest, I'd been to LAX, and my friend was with me. His biggest issue was the driving and the fact that it wasn't his idea.

He hasn't really been nervous when I've flown to Orlando or Charleston. He knows I can do it. I just think the fact that I'm not flying out of BWI and that I'm not flying Southwest or Delta (United this time) is throwing him. I don't think he's consciously worrying; more unconsciously. The benefit is that Mom was talking about having me find my own transportation to and from the airport in Hawaii, and he was like, nah, we'll take her.

The problem with the taking pictures thing would be he literally uses his phone for making calls and nothing else. He also can't take a picture. Back when digital cameras were first a thing, he bought one. He never used it; I took all of the pictures.

I have my Mom texting now. Though to not receive gibberish I had to buy her stylists.

Tony the Tigger

I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 40 (and my last, I regretted it) and my dad STILL gave me THE LOOK.

I paid for one at a silent auction, started to design it for my arm. I could not make up my mind or think of something important enough to put permanently on my body.

I told Brian that story and he said he was glad I didn’t go through with it. He has none, either.

My ears seem to reject earrings. I just let it go.

Same. Never seemed to heal right like other people. If I took it out, it was difficult to put back in. Had to re-break through with an ice cube one time. Ick.

I've been off this thread all day. Just popping in now. Did anyone mention that today is Flag Day?View attachment 381358

Running a 4 day sale for 4 occasions: Flag Day, Father’s Day, LGBT Pride, and the store’s 9 year anniversary.

Yikes and in my neighborhood most girls got their ears done as babies.

Same.

Gabe1

No tattoos on me or dh. I personally don't care for them or want any of our kids to ever get one. I don't care if anyone else does though.
One of my sil's got one with her friends from high school about 10 years ago. It was a best friends tattoo party. They all got the same one. Well, they aren't really friends anymore. :oops:

My sons girlfriend of many many years wanted them to get like coordinating tattoos. She suggested Mickey & Minnie or something similar. He was like No! She honestly was shocked he didn't want a tattoo and that his No was firm. She even tried to convenience me to help her. While is a liberal young man he is very conservative.

Gabe1

Father's Day is important, but Flag Day comes first. Flag Day is when my parents got married.

Hamburgers are going to bought at Sendik's Food Market for Father's day due to deal. Will be getting Bacon Cheddar Burgers,

They are going to them being grilled on the George Foreman Grill with them on toasted pretzel buns. Sendik's food market is a local grocer.

I actually know the small grocery store chain Sendiks. I've been to 3. For a short time while my son was at his first University before he transferred they would often leave Kenosha and head North. I've been in the one in Germantown and Milwaukee and I forget the other, I think Greenfield. He and his friends would often stop for food supplies before heading back to school. Milwaukee is also where he had his in person interview for Disney.

Goofyernmost

So for all you guys that remember the group America in the 70s, I just got tickets to see their 50th anniversary tour next year! This was one of my fav musical groups other than the iconic Bee Gees! Ok I just kinda dated myself :D:joyfull:
I liked the Bee Gee's early stuff much better then the Disco stuff, but, that was pretty good too! "Have you seen my wife Mr. Jones" or "How do you mend a broken heart".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom