The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Quickie mini-rant: Want to scream at all these financial companies (banks, investment companies, etc.) that want you, the customer, to create an online account. Problem is, I always have trouble with those--no matter how I try to understand how to get into an account, it will always reject me. I write down the stupid passwords, etc. but nothing works. Then my account gets locked. So I'll call the "customer service" line and they'll ask me for something called a phone pin. Heard of those in the past but they keep changing those, too. Losing my mind here . .. :banghead:

I hate when I can't remember my passwords. I have a cheat sheet with my codes but there is one code I need for something soon and I didn't write it down. I guess I'll be making some calls.

donaldtoo

Yah, it's all just crazy with the computers that the state uses, for the past 2 years or so. The mechanics in the repair shops don't like them either, because they know the readings can sometimes be wonky. Adding to that, now the state just pays these guys a flat yearly rate for the inspections, versus in the past when each individual garage could charge it's own rate (nothing outrageous, but they did better with their own billing). And I don't believe that there was any discounted rate for the customers, when the state took over either. So it appears as though it's just the state getting a better deal here, by flat rating the garages.

(Not that I support going over the speed limit), but he said he had to really boot it (80) in some (very low traffic) wide open, straight-aways on a highway way out in the western part of the state, to attempt to kick start the sensors to "read" data. It's nuts that (some) cars have to go through this lunacy for an emissions passing grade. (Note: we also could have had the 2 sensors replaced, but what if that didn't work either?) My point here is that the car is perfectly safe to drive -- last year we put in $1,800 for brakes and front end work, and everything is fine--and yet, if that sensor thing failed, the car would not be allowed on the road! Tell me this new system makes any sense??!! :banghead:

Interesting, as I was referring to the cars computer/system needing to reset by having to drive it several miles before it “gets it” that all is now OK and the “check engine” light goes off. I haven’t heard of any trouble mechanics have been having with diagnostic equipment.

As you know, I do all of our brakes myself.
I had too many mechanics in years past tell me that my pads were gettin’ thin and should be replaced now/very soon, only to go home and pull the wheels to find out that was a bunch of Bravo Sierra. :rolleyes:
I think I posted a little while back that youngest DD was convinced her front brakes were all worn down because of the vibration, yet there was absolutely no grinding noise. I told her it sounded to me like the rotors were warped. Sure ‘nough, when I pulled the wheels she had at least 3/8” left on all 4 pads.
I plopped some new rotors on, problem solved. I suggested she quit diving into stops, ‘cause all that constant back and forth between frictional super heating and cooling is what warps them.
That was a few months or so back, and, so far, I haven’t heard of any more braking vibration.......yet...!!! ;)
And, now that I think about it, I’ve never actually had to have front end work done on a car before... :cyclops:

Also, I haven’t had to pay for a set of brake pads in years, as AutoZone has a lifetime warranty...!!!!! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Quickie mini-rant: Want to scream at all these financial companies (banks, investment companies, etc.) that want you, the customer, to create an online account. Problem is, I always have trouble with those--no matter how I try to understand how to get into an account, it will always reject me. I write down the stupid passwords, etc. but nothing works. Then my account gets locked. So I'll call the "customer service" line and they'll ask me for something called a phone pin. Heard of those in the past but they keep changing those, too. Losing my mind here . .. :banghead:
They seem to want a complete change to have everything digital. Before you know it, there will be no more tellers. :(

donaldtoo

We already have a Herb & Fire in town which is also a chain like Mod or Blaze... I like them all!

I see only 2 locations for Herb & Fire in MI, so if that’s the case, I dont’ quite consider that a typical “chain” place, yet.
We have a Blaze about 5 mins. away...not sure why we haven’t been yet, but, need to get there soon...!!! :cyclops:;):)
And we also have a family-owned Italian restaurant called Reale’s (I’ve mentioned them before, and they’ve been featured on our local news more than once) that also makes some really good pizzas as well. One location, and they moved here from New York several decades ago, and are very proud of their 100+ year old recipes, as they should be...not inexpensive, but, so beyond darn worth it...!!!!!!! :hungry::)

donaldtoo

Note to self. Need family members that work for Disney. 😉 Have fun!

Yep, that is one thing I for sure miss about being a Disney CM...the discounts...!!!!! :happy::)
Even us Disney Store CMs started out with a 20% merch discount, which then went up to 35% after 3 years (I was there from 8/16/09-10/17/13 - so, 4 years, 2 months, and 1 day - with 1+ years as a Lead Manager thrown in for good measure...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)).
As well as DDP and resort discounts of 50% and 60%, respectively, on our July of ‘12 and June of ‘13 family and friends trips...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
In July of ‘12 we stayed in family suites in the Cars section of AoA shortly after that section opened (that was the trip on which SonIL proposed to oldest DD in front Cinderella Castle on her 21st birthday...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:) In June of ‘13 we stayed in family suites in the ASMusic Calypso section (as we also did during our July of ‘07 family trip), as CM discounts were blacked out on our trip dates at WDW for AoA that year, and ASMusic was then much less expensive...!!! :)
Plus, we also got a free 1-day Park Hopper pass for every dependent in our home every 6 mos....and, you can bet those came in handy...!!!!! ;):)
Yep, although I’m not sure if the discounts for CMs have been changed since, I sure miss what we got back then...!!! :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

That makes sense for where you live. You don’t travel long distances. Do your cars need inspection there?

Yep, as my pop still says “Ya’ gotta’ get a car out on the highway and blow the soot outta’ it from time to time!”.
Meaning, of course, they are meant to operate most efficiently at there optimum engineered operating temperature, and if you’re just drivin’ ‘em down the road a few blocks, parkin’ to run a quick errand, then headin’ back home, they never had a chance to get to their optimum engineered operating temp...!!!!! :hilarious: :D;)
Which begs the question...
There are instant hot water heaters, why not instant engine operating temp heaters...?!?!?! 🤔

:hilarious:;)

donaldtoo

Just added 2 more days to the beginning of my September trip... now we are split staying 2 days at music.. 8 days at POP... We've never stayed at Music... have any of you?

We’ve stayed in the Calypso family suites twice in ‘07 and ‘13, and once in Jazz back during the Princess 5K in ‘16.
We liked it just fine, but, have never stayed in any of the other All Stars.
Stayed in Pop once...but, preferred ASMusic.
Preferred AoA more than all of them, but, as we all know, the rates have now been in Crazyville for a while...!!!!! 🤪

donaldtoo

We did years ago. It was nice. Just a bit noisier than moderates.

The 3 times we’ve stayed there we’ve never had any noise issues.
Maybe it was the time of year...just lucky...not sure...?
I know the 2 times we’ve stayed at POR there were never any noise issues...Bayou building layout and the fact that the pool is on an “island” probably takes care of most of that...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

donaldtoo

If it was me, besides being scary and frightening, they would be supper. We didn't get to the top of the food chain by allowing wild Turkeys to take over a neighborhood.

Yep, my thoughts ezzzactly!!!
I actually prefer my turkey leaner, steroid-free, and gamier...!!! :hungry:
Unless, of course, they’ve been eatin’ too much chemical plant and yard fertilizer along the way...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

Cesar R M

Yep.
And, again, the automated tellers will probably all be related to this guy...

View attachment 372713

Sorry, couldn’t resist...!!!!! :hilarious::D;):)
I think this guy is a finer example of why automation isnt always good.
vD3sOBl.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom