Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live among the Spring Break crowds
But then I spent so many nights thinking how I could be wrong
And I grew strong
And I knew I could get along....

Well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway. I’m not a newbie when it comes to navigating Spring Break at WDW. I’ve got a couple decades of experience under my belt. “Spring Break” isn’t a single week of cray cray crowds (like the week between Christmas and New Years) but is spread over March and April. Unfortunately one (or more) of those weeks can end up being cray cray....and these days, there is no way to predict which one.

Please don’t let it be this week.

But we are prepared. ADRs at 180 days. FPs at 60 days. Clothing for rain or shine. (Praying for shine ~ we’ve had enough rain over the last 4 months to set an ark afloat.) And attitudes willing to “go with the flow.” 🐢

My goal is to keep the updates live. Should I fail? There’s always Part “Tu”.

Who: Tuvalu, Woody and Em (the teacher whose schedule dictates when we go)
When: Sunday, March 31 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Why: Let’s hope we don’t ask ourselves this!
How: We’ve done the plane, can’t take the train....so it must be the automobile!

Will we be smiling at the end of the week? Stay tuned.

And if you don’t hang around for the smiles, you may want to peek in and see if there are any WDWMagic meet ups. I know of at least three forum friends I hope to encounter.

Now it’s off to bed! The alarm is set for zero-dark-thirty.

LeighM

When we returned home on Saturday, we had the early morning flight out of MCO with JetBlue and were still 20 minutes late leaving because something was wrong with the water pressure system or something. But after flying 600mph for most of the flight, we only landed 1 minute later than what was previously scheduled. My husband wanted to take the first flight because our previous departures had been delayed in previous trips. But he didn't much like having DME picking us up at 5am either :) We might drive down next trip though - but it's a long 12 hours....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You have the worst luck when flying!
Oh goodness! Yes you need to road trip it next time! 😉

We did not make it home until 12:30 am.
We left Disney property at 3:30 pm.
Flying (or should I say, “mostly waiting to fly”) took much longer than if we had gotten into a car and driven home.
Thelma and Louise will be taking a road trip next month!

When we returned home on Saturday, we had the early morning flight out of MCO with JetBlue and were still 20 minutes late leaving because something was wrong with the water pressure system or something. But after flying 600mph for most of the flight, we only landed 1 minute later than what was previously scheduled. My husband wanted to take the first flight because our previous departures had been delayed in previous trips. But he didn't much like having DME picking us up at 5am either :) We might drive down next trip though - but it's a long 12 hours....
I’m thinking the best way to get to WDW is teleportation! :joyfull:

93boomer

Premium Member
We did not make it home until 12:30 am.
We left Disney property at 3:30 pm.
Flying (or should I say, “mostly waiting to fly”) took much longer than if we had gotten into a car and driven home.
Thelma and Louise will be taking a road trip next month!

I’m thinking the best way to get to WDW is teleportation! :joyfull:
Omg that’s ridiculous!! You gals really do need to drive! We would have almost been home in that time driving!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Narcoossee's is a staple for Kevin and I. We've celebrated birthdays and anniversaries there and taken many good friends and family for an always amazing dining experience. It's nice to hear of other people having a great experience there. I've had fish dishes, shrimp, scallops, lobster and even pork chops there. All have been delicious!

I think I like it more than California Grill (aside from Brunch at the Top). My brother and I argue about it sometimes, but since he doesn't eat seafood, I guess I can understand his preference for CA Grill. :geek:
There are times Woody and I wished we liked seafood, as it would open up lots more options for our palates. I could definitely see more visits to Narcoosee’s in that case (though I am definitely open to return just for a veggie meal!)

Those food pictures are incredible!
Oh my! That looks so good.
And the pictures don’t do the reality justice! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Woody could be Frank's new best friend, that NY Strip would make his day! 😁
And about that dark chocolate dessert...! Just my cup of tea.
Well done indeed!
I’d happily share the dark chocolate candy bar/gelato with you!
(Woody would probably want his own steak. Frank is on his own! :joyfull: )

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh no! Good thing I booked Hoop Dee Doo again for my next trip! I debated on just going to trails end for the good food... but we really enjoy the show!
Oh the food at Trail’s End is great! The fried chicken/bbq ribs/baked beans are the same as HDD (shared kitchen). The smoked brisket on the carving board was tender and packed a flavor punch! (And I rarely order brisket when at a bbq joint.) There’s a create-your-own baked potato station. Chili. Salads. Roasted chicken. Salmon.

While the strawberry shortcake is gone, the s’mores tart and mint Oreo brownie kept me happy! Woody had the warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream and caramel. There’s a make-your-own sundae bar too. 😉:hungry:

Pooh got Woody to smile big!
I know!! ❤

Lovely dress
Thank you. According to the label it is from the “Vintage Minnie Collection” (hence the pinkish-purple bows). I bought it at BVG in the Contemporary a couple years ago.

Delightful is one way to describe him :hilarious:
Woody and I thought he’d be a fun guy to have a drink with! 🍻

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can you tell me more about the 1900 Park Fare food? We have a breakfast reservation there next week! Mostly so my kiddo can see Pooh, and I can see Alice, of course. ;)
There’s a carving station with ham. A create-your-own omelette station (chef cooks but you select your ingredients). A hot Mickey waffle station. A bar with cold cereals and fresh pastries. Create-your-own oatmeal and a yogurt parfait station. Red velvet pancakes. French toast. Fresh fruit. Cheesy potato casserole. Plus the usual eggs, bacon, sausage.

Rista1313

While the strawberry shortcake is gone, the s’mores tart and mint Oreo brownie kept me happy! Woody had the warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream and caramel. There’s a make-your-own sundae bar too.

Unfortunately HDD ruined Strawberry short cake anywhere else forever I think. And the only reason we were thinking about going to trails end is that they had Strawberry short cake! But we will just have to continue to go to HDD from now to eternity. (oh the sacrifice!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've never been over when the lovebugs have been an issue but Jack called me Tuesday from Disney springs and was having a tough time dealing with them.
We have a similar problem here when certain crops are being harvested. Not a good time to wear white lol
We've been visiting WDW in May for years and this was by far the worst invasion of lovebugs we've ever experienced!

Have a safe flight home! The tragical car took us away this morning. :( It was so great to meet you even if just for a few minutes. :)
Next time let's plan for a longer meet....snacks, drinks or something!

I think it would be totally cost effective for them to put in a Monorail to your house!
I think so too.
I'm sure Bob Iger would have a different opinion......

Monorail Peach, Monorail Black, Monorail Red, Monorail Teal, Monorail Coral, Monorail Gold, Monorail Yellow, Monorail Lime, Monorail Green, Monorail Blue, Monorail Silver, Monorail Tuvalu ...

:D
You made me LOL, Minnie!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
In conclusion (and I mean it this time!) our ride photos.

Someday I will figure out where the camera is....sigh.
C9C2C0F9-8000-4A81-8E1E-8F360CB43C8F.jpeg

Last car on Slinky, yay!
E382D21E-F1B0-4E89-B511-FF666C3F3B75.jpeg

We rode Haunted Mansion twice on this day. The other photo disappeared. :joyfull:
4A73A7E4-693F-4E08-B510-1218149DD3F4.jpeg

🎶When a man loves a woman.....
D0847516-37DB-4BE4-B0F5-37EDE2987946.jpeg

He rides Splash Mountain with her. Even though he despises getting wet. Even after she tells him TWICE to take the chicken exit.

And in fulfillment of his favorite adage, no good deed goes unpunished.....the man got absolutely drenched. Not from the drop. First from the water jets before the “inside” part of the attraction; then again by a broken water pipe in the Laughin’ Place. (“It was like someone had a garden hose pointed directly at me!”)

Now, for you @amjt660, I have added *COMPLETED* to my title. :cool:

menka

I am happy you had a May visit to the parks. Sorry I missed you at the parks are you coming for the summer as well?
We've been visiting WDW in May for years and this was by far the worst invasion of lovebugs we've ever experienced!
You are right. I have lived in Orlando all of my life and this year they are absolutely awful. For a couple of years they finally seemed to have calmed down but this year they are back with a vengeance. :hungover:

wdwfamilynh

Thanks for sharing two more great trips! I look forward to reading along on your next adventure(s) :geek:

BTW - I had a “@Tuvalu moment” at the grocery store on Sunday. Lady in front of me told the cashier not to bag a large bunch of grapes because she was going to put them in her handbag. This gave a whole new meaning to your “purse grapes.” It was very hard not to laugh 😂.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom