News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Where did this come from? A Disney dark ride somehow seems to have become a $100 million endeavor. Something like a big Sally dark ride can be had for $15 million. An expensive Zamperla flat ride at a non-Disney park should come in around $3 million.

A new body is cheaper than a new body and ride mechanism. Even if it did get sent to Italy, rides are sold ex works so the cost of shipping from Italy to California is part of buying a new ride mechanism.

I was joking but touching on the fact that Pixar Pier as a whole was rumored to be pretty expensive and we could have got a solid dark ride for the same price.

Rich T

I can’t help but point out that in nearly the same time it took Disney to move and retheme one kiddie ride, Dollywood built a fantastic, beautifully-themed new land with 6 major rides including a great coaster, as well as a new restaurant, an indoor playground, a fantastically landscaped waterfall and a huge tree that doubles as a light show.

And yes, I know it’s not like DLR hasn’t been busy with a certain other project lately, but I’m just talking DCA for now :D

Brenthodge

I can’t help but point out that in nearly the same time it took Disney to move and retheme one kiddie ride, Dollywood built a fantastic, beautifully-themed new land with 6 major rides including a great coaster, as well as a new restaurant, an indoor playground, a fantastically landscaped waterfall and a huge tree that doubles as a light show.

And yes, I know it’s not like DLR hasn’t been busy with a certain other project lately, but I’m just talking DCA for now :D
Well, they weren’t MAJOR rides. Most like this inside out joke are off the shelf rides with minimal fiberglass panels and props attached. Not disagreeing totally, but ordering a new Zamperla jump around already “themed” and placing it. Ideas t that that long.

Rich T

Well, they weren’t MAJOR rides. Most like this inside out joke are off the shelf rides with minimal fiberglass panels and props attached. Not disagreeing totally, but ordering a new Zamperla jump around already “themed” and placing it. Ideas t that that long.
Hey, if Disney can promote Flik’s Emo Whirl as a major new ride... 😃 But, yes, you’re right, Dollywood’s new land is mostly lightly themed standard flat rides, BUT I’d call Dragonflier a major new family coaster. The expansion is no Cars Land, but it is a very large and beautiful new area that significantly ups Dollywood’s ride count. All pulled together amazingly quickly.

SuddenStorm

Disney should have Burger King sponsor the new Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

now if they can only get people to want to come to the park...

Rich T

now if they can only get people to want to come to the park...
I don't think they'll have that problem on their current course. Some of the world's best coasters, beautiful grounds, imaginative theming and unique ideas. Imagine DCA's fate if it wasn't part of a Disney resort. Sink-a-roo.

T.Will

I'm starting to hear a rumor that the Little Mermaid attraction will be rethemed to Coco. The rumor's vague and doesn't have a timeframe. The rumor claims the retheme would be part of an overall project to turn the leftover portion of Paradise into Pixar. If true, what do you guys think?

Disney Analyst

I'm starting to hear a rumor that the Little Mermaid attraction will be rethemed to Coco. The rumor's vague and doesn't have a timeframe. The rumor claims the retheme would be part of an overall project to turn the leftover portion of Paradise into Pixar. If true, what do you guys think?

I think if they shoe horn a Coco attraction into such a small building, as an omnimover... it’ll be a big fail.

Coco could be an epic log flume boat cruise through the land of the dead. Or a fast paced spook house.

mickEblu

I think if they shoe horn a Coco attraction into such a small building, as an omnimover... it’ll be a big fail.

Coco could be an epic log flume boat cruise through the land of the dead. Or a fast paced spook house.

Or a overhead track system like Peter Pan where we fly on colorful alibrijes. Agree, an omnimover would be a terrible idea for a Coco ride. As far as the building being too small, I wonder if they could extend it into the Challenge Trail area.

They basically need to bring in the new Peter Pan from Shanghai and theme it to Coco.

mickEblu

Interesting. Where’d you hear this?

mickEblu

That rumor sounds really near sighted and dumb, so its possible!

Although I wouldn’t mind Mermaid going away for a PROPER Coco ride I would prefer they build it somewhere else. Mermaid is a people eater that serves it purpose even though it’s a representation of the IP is disappointing.

With that said, even if they used the exact same ride system in the same building, it’s hard to see them doing worse than Mermaid.

Phroobar

Although I wouldn’t mind Mermaid going away for a PROPER Coco ride I would prefer they build it somewhere else. Mermaid is a people eater that serves it purpose even though it’s a representation of the IP is disappointing.

With that said, even if they used the exact same ride system in the same building, it’s hard to see them doing worse than Mermaid.
I think there is plenty of room for a Coco ride next to Little Mermaid. Just remove Goofy Sky school and the Corn dog palace. I don't know if those DVCs are going to like looking at a warehouse though.

planodisney

Personally I think the issue with Mermaid is that it’s a classic dark ride, next to nothing. At Magic Kingdom it’s close to other quality attractions including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Generally if an attraction is by itself, it’s a huge e-ticket. The attraction itself is one of my wife’s and daughters favorites. I think the ultimate solution is to put a quality attraction in the Goofy Sky School spot, which I consider the single worst Disney attraction in the world and a continuing embarrassment for DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom