News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JohnD

I think the cabins have numbers on the doors. It shouldn't be too hard to catalog them all eventually.

A normal ski resort project at this stage of completion would be opening very soon. But this is not a normal ski resort project.

I would think they are all cataloged already.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are a couple news sites which quote that number. Not sure what the original source was. Based on the fact that we have now seen exactly 22 different ones, they may be correct.
Another blogger has reported that there are 64 gondolas with wraps. Not sure where the info came from. Disney Tourist blog claims 55.
The original source was an Orlando Sentinel article that included a video of the interior of a cabin. DFB inaccurately quoted the article as “22 character gondolas” instead of 22 character designs.

The number of wraps is apparently in a state of quantum superposition. Until all the covers are removed and the wraps are observed there is only various strong probabilities of what the final number will be.

Thebolt

I feel bad for anybody staying at resorts where they have to look at those things with all the aesthetic qualities of high tension power lines.

Nobody has to stay at any of the resorts. If you don"t like the look or the concept, choose one of the many other on site resorts to stay at.

It does feel like Disney is just catching up with 1960s Butlins in the UK ;-)
images

Lensman

You know, with the enthusiasm and joy that the bloggers are exhibiting, and my own joy from just looking at the pictures, I suspect that people will put up with the towers if they get to see the character cabins go by. I wonder if that was part of the strategy? As someone said, you don't see much of the character design in the stations because the designs aren't on the door-side and the cabins look to be packed pretty tightly while in the stations. However, you might see the designs on the cabins in the secondary loading area. Unfortunately for the kids, those will already have people in them so they can't "pick Mickey".

Anyway, that's my hope for CBR. I'm not sure there's anything to be done of that one room with the "base of the tower under the bridge" view, though as one person said, that's on the side where you typically don't leave the curtains open. Also, the shrubbery might have already improved that view.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
These are beautiful. To me, this is NOT a like a bus, this is as much of an attraction as it is transportation! I want to experience it. I think there will be HUGE stand by lines to get on these.

We have a family joke... On those days when its so crowded you can only ride a few attractions, the Tram to and from the parking lot COUNTS AS AN ATTRACTION :)
As do the monorails and boats...

halltd

I drove down Victory Way this evening and glanced down the giant gravel road under the DHS line (which has a speed limit of 10mph, btw). It looks like they’ve put up big solar panels on the edge of the gravel. Anyone know more?

eliza61nyc

Those are monstrously ugly.

I feel bad for anybody staying at resorts where they have to look at those things with all the aesthetic qualities of high tension power lines.

I don't think the moderates have balconies, so not sure if you'll have a lot of folks gazing out of their windows. not like at the deluxes where you may end or begin your day out on the balcony.

lol, but I don't pay extra for "views" so take my thought with a grain of salt.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I drove down Victory Way this evening and glanced down the giant gravel road under the DHS line (which has a speed limit of 10mph, btw). It looks like they’ve put up big solar panels on the edge of the gravel. Anyone know more?

Since there are trees on either side of the gravel, putting solar panels there wouldn't make much sense. Are you sure they were solar panels?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom