News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

mm121

I'm hoping they'll paint the supports/towers eventually....looking pretty dull right now
Doubtful that anymore will ever be painted.

I do wish they would have done a few more at DHS in the tan color and some at CB in a pastel color.

I understand not painting them all for cost and maintenance reasons, but would have been nice to see a few more of the highly visible ones look more finished.

NormC

Another blogger has reported that there are 64 gondolas with wraps. Not sure where the info came from. Disney Tourist blog claims 55.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

These are beautiful. To me, this is NOT a like a bus, this is as much of an attraction as it is transportation! I want to experience it. I think there will be HUGE stand by lines to get on these.

We have a family joke... On those days when its so crowded you can only ride a few attractions, the Tram to and from the parking lot COUNTS AS AN ATTRACTION :)

BeckyTheTechy

There are a couple news sites which quote that number. Not sure what the original source was. Based on the fact that we have now seen exactly 22 different ones, they may be correct.
The original source was an Orlando Sentinel article that included a video of the interior of a cabin. DFB inaccurately quoted the article as “22 character gondolas” instead of 22 character designs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Gondolas do not enter park.

They currently do not pass over guest areas in a park, but they will once the Rat area is done...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom