News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ImperfectPixie

I'm wondering if the 1 wrap coming off is what resulted in the rest being uncovered. From a risk point of view if 1 came off more could in another storm. IF Disney would have left them on and it happened again resulting in anyone having even a small scratch there would end up being a lawyer waiting to help.
I watched the video of them removing some of the wraps, and they really weren't as "tight" as the plastic that comes on a new appliance. After watching, it made total sense that the wind removed one, and I'm sure Disney wanted to avoid another road closure fiasco.

Unbanshee

So we're thinking that they "unveiled" them today because BlogMickey already put out the photo of the one where the wrapper came off? I guess if the cat's out of the bag...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm wondering if the 1 wrap coming off is what resulted in the rest being uncovered. From a risk point of view if 1 came off more could in another storm. IF Disney would have left them on and it happened again resulting in anyone having even a small scratch there would end up being a lawyer waiting to help.

Seems viable to me... simply saying "oh, this happened... it could happen again... that's a liability we can't really control... what are pros/cons of taking them all off now"

Lift Blog

BeckyTheTechy

I’ve been trying to find anyone who had all 3 sides of the princess and the frog gondola. Blog Mickey doesn’t have it. WDW news has all except the short side. Finally, DFB had it!

Attachments

• 9CCEA4B2-9DC0-40FF-A757-4DBF422E97D5.jpeg
    9CCEA4B2-9DC0-40FF-A757-4DBF422E97D5.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 156

ImperfectPixie

The company line:
I wonder if they mean the "standard" definition of fall, or the definition of fall they use to determine starting dates for MNSSHP?

Incomudro

I watched the video of them removing some of the wraps, and they really weren't as "tight" as the plastic that comes on a new appliance. After watching, it made total sense that the wind removed one, and I'm sure Disney wanted to avoid another road closure fiasco.

Yes, I noticed that too.
I thought they were covered in that shrink wrap we see on new cars.
But the wraps the gondola's were in were more loose and I'm not even sure if they were vinyl.
They might have been a nylon cover.

ImperfectPixie

Yes, I noticed that too.
I thought they were covered in that shrink wrap we see on new cars.
But the wraps the gondola's were in were more loose and I'm not even sure if they were vinyl.
They might have been a nylon cover.
I was thinking the same exact thing...they sure didn't behave like vinyl when they were removed.

Disney Dad 3000

I wonder if they mean the "standard" definition of fall, or the definition of fall they use to determine starting dates for MNSSHP?

Was wondering about that too. Fall mentioned in there several times. Does that mean they won't have it open before SWGE which we know would better if they did? Maybe they are slow playing it in marketing so they can give a big surprise. Hey look at us, it's done early and open july/Aug which is summer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Was wondering about that too. Fall mentioned in there several times. Does that mean they won't have it open before SWGE which we know would better if they did? Maybe they are slow playing it in marketing so they can give a big surprise. Hey look at us, it's done early and open july/Aug which is summer.

I have a gut feeling it will be open in time for SW:GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom