Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

FerretAfros

And just north of the landscape holding area, what is that steel structure that appears to connect the two buildings on either side?
I believe that's the backstage support facility for Candlelight, which includes dressing areas and restrooms for performers, along with a full-scale copy of the stage.

Because the real stage is entirely open to guest walkways, rehearsals can't take place during park hours, and given the ever-changing lineup of choir groups in the show, overnight rehearsals aren't practical. Instead, they created a copy of the stage in the semi-permanent complex to allow the blocking to be rehearsed daily with each new batch of performers.

Like the old Hat stage in the Studios, I believe it's classified as temporary construction (since it's really only needed for about a month of the year), so parts of it have to be removed at certain intervals and reconstructed in order to meet the relevant code criteria

TJJohn12

I believe that's the backstage support facility for Candlelight, which includes dressing areas and restrooms for performers, along with a full-scale copy of the stage.

Because the real stage is entirely open to guest walkways, rehearsals can't take place during park hours, and given the ever-changing lineup of choir groups in the show, overnight rehearsals aren't practical. Instead, they created a copy of the stage in the semi-permanent complex to allow the blocking to be rehearsed daily with each new batch of performers.

Like the old Hat stage in the Studios, I believe it's classified as temporary construction (since it's really only needed for about a month of the year), so parts of it have to be removed at certain intervals and reconstructed in order to meet the relevant code criteria

That’s a fascinating answer and super enlightening, giving insight into park opps and the built landscape. I appreciate that!

@MickeyMouse10, take note... ;-)

Pinkpearl

Hi!! I'm new....

The Brazil pavilion ,by my view, is VERY possible. Is one of the richest countries in south america and actually working hard right now to get it's tourist trade back up.

As for IP wise....I'm not sure. It'd be great without one.
If it needs one? I'd... Suggest José "Zé" Carioca (I'm a HUGE fan of the popular Brazilian comics that ran for almost 60 years and stopped last year due to the publisher)

But...I don't know much. I'm just a silly newbie.

But it is nice to meet everyone.....
(Excuse my bad English? English is my second language and I'm good at it but I do misspell sometimes)

Muito obrigado é boa noite, tchau!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Brazil pavilion ,by my view, is VERY possible. Is one of the richest countries in south america and actually working hard right now to get it's tourist trade back up.

Welcome!

Just so you know, with the exception of Morocco, none of the national pavilions in Epcot are sponsored by their country's government. It's all private sponsorship. So, it doesn't matter if the Brazilian government is doing well or or not financially, but whether there's a corporate sponsor who's doing well.

Last edited:

Bigcityblues

I would argue that little kids also have Epcot if given the time to explore. My 7 year old loves it (FW and WS) and has since he was 4, but maybe I just have a weird kid.

I guess I have a weird kid, too. She has loved WS since she was 4 (she just turned 20!). Loved the food, loved wandering around and exploring, loved the attractions, etc. She even loved the original ride in Mexico, and cried when I told her they’d changed it lol. She misses Maelstrom. Epcot is still her favorite park, and WS her favorite area.

Heppenheimer

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but anyhoo...

Google recently updated their satellite images of Disney World, and there appears to be some excavation work happening on the plot of land between Germany and China (sorry, I don't know how to link the image). Has there been any confirmation what is going on here? I'm not sure when this image was taken, but judging by all the other construction projects you can now see as you scroll through, it's probably less than 6 months old.

TJJohn12

Google recently updated their satellite images of Disney World, and there appears to be some excavation work happening on the plot of land between Germany and China (sorry, I don't know how to link the image)....

I think we determined this was a green space at the moment, but has potential as a drone dock for the Illuminations replacement?

trainplane3

Google recently updated their satellite images of Disney World, and there appears to be some excavation work happening on the plot of land between Germany and China (sorry, I don't know how to link the image). Has there been any confirmation what is going on here? I'm not sure when this image was taken, but judging by all the other construction projects you can now see as you scroll through, it's probably less than 6 months old.
That's new Illuminations support construction. Brazil will sit between Germany and Italy, aka the train garden plot. Unless plans changed of course.

ImperfectPixie

I would argue that little kids also have Epcot if given the time to explore. My 7 year old loves it (FW and WS) and has since he was 4, but maybe I just have a weird kid.
I guess I have a weird kid, too. She has loved WS since she was 4 (she just turned 20!). Loved the food, loved wandering around and exploring, loved the attractions, etc. She even loved the original ride in Mexico, and cried when I told her they’d changed it lol. She misses Maelstrom. Epcot is still her favorite park, and WS her favorite area.
My boys are both super weird...they adore Epcot, and thanks to both the Three Caballeros and Phineas and Ferb, we get to enjoy World Showcase multiple times on our trips. (Their first visit was at 2 1/2 and 7, subsequent trips at 4 and 9, and another at 5 and 10.) They're really looking forward to the Ratatouille attraction, too.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I like your kid.
My boys are both super weird...they adore Epcot, and thanks to both the Three Caballeros and Phineas and Ferb, we get to enjoy World Showcase multiple times on our trips. (Their first visit was at 2 1/2 and 7, subsequent trips at 4 and 9, and another at 5 and 10.) They're really looking forward to the Ratatouille attraction, too.
Probably true. It just didn't feel that way initially, at least to me.

Count my 8 year old son among the "weird"... Loves Epcot. When we've gone the last couple of times, we ended up at Epcot almost every night (we stayed at Beach Club) - and one of his top attractions? Spaceship Earth.

MotherOfBirds

Exposing children to other cultures is extremely important. Epcot provides a great place to start, even if it has the tendency to over-simplify these places. It's not as flashy as MK when it comes to kids, but given the chance and some enthusiasm from parents, Epcot is a great park for children.

But back to the topic: WS and WDW in general needs a lot more representation with regards to the southern hemisphere. Nations of South America, South Asia, the Pacific islands, and Africa should be the next additions. Depictions of Africa and Asia in AK don't apply here. They are designed to be far more like Adventureland than a taste of the cultures/countries they represent. Brazil is a huge country with a very diverse populace and a complex history, and I hope it gets the funding it deserves, assuming it gets fully greenlit.

Rogue1138

My boys (4 and 2) LOVE Epcot. They did Mexico after watching Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros and Coco, can watch the fish at Nemo for hours and even enjoy Living with the Land. This year my 4 yr old was finally tall enough to go on Soarin' and Mission Space and absolutely loved both and he geeked out seeing Godzilla merch in Japan.

It's all what you expose your kids too.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
But back to the topic: WS and WDW in general needs a lot more representation with regards to the southern hemisphere. Nations of South America, South Asia, the Pacific islands, and Africa should be the next additions. Depictions of Africa and Asia in AK don't apply here. They are designed to be far more like Adventureland than a taste of the cultures/countries they represent. Brazil is a huge country with a very diverse populace and a complex history, and I hope it gets the funding it deserves, assuming it gets fully greenlit.

Africa is the best themed land at WDW. To group it with Adventureland is laughable. In fact, Africa is a far more accurate portrayal of Africa than any pavilion in Epcot is compared to its representative country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom