Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

derklugen

The thing is that in that amount space I will not have any major expectation, phase 2 however, needs to be something yuge. To be honest at some point I even thought spidey was going to be something ala The Void at Disney Springs.

mickEblu

The thing is that in that amount space I will not have any major expectation, phase 2 however, needs to be something yuge. To be honest at some point I even thought spidey was going to be something ala The Void at Disney Springs.

You re also in a Disneyland chat room at 2:38 PM Pacific on a Monday. You are not the vast majority.

DanielBB8

Why would anyone walk into a SPIDER MAN attraction expecting nothing? The vast majority will have big expectations.

Useless post. Save your fingers for something else.
You certainly are expecting nothing because you happen to think you know something about it.

Save your fingers by trying to be consistent.

socalifornian

I doubt it. It looks like those blueprints are probably a clone of DCAs blueprints. If you look at the shape of the building it’s the shape of DCAs version based on the land constraints of the former Bugs land. In particular that piece they re adding near the old Bugs Land bathrooms.
I’ve been noticing that too. Going by the construction updates I think it’s something like this. Couldn’t see how the new connects with the old on the northeast section
871F6664-6EBB-4EB5-8603-1CBB9E81471F.jpeg

mccgavin

The big issue here isn't entirely the quality of the ride, but rather the similarities to TSMM right nearby. DCA desperately needs good new attractions to level itself with Disneyland, and the decision to clone a ride in the same park feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

fctiger

Dunno why al the fuss around the spidey ride, a land can't be full of e-tickets, plus they need a family ride... (hello Flight of the Hippogriff) to make the land feel more open for everyone. The only thing I dislike of this are the facades... cheap.

I think people are mostly responding to the fact it looks like it may be very similar to a ride thats already there (TSMM). If it wasn't for that then it may not be that big of a deal. I'm not going to judge a set of blueprints, but I can't blame people for feeling disappointed if its going that direction. But we knew this couldn't be some big and original E ticket the way ROTR and SR is at Galaxy Edge because those rides take a lot more than a year to build. So my expectations were low once we were told how soon to expect it. Still we need real information before we can decide on if the ride itself will be good or not.

Macro

so based on some hints I've picked up it seems like the shooting is going to be done with gesture control. Has anyone ridden Ninjago? I'm curious how accurate that system feels...
I rode it once. Mostly I remember barely beating my Niece's son at the very end. He was mad. Get over it kid!

The ride seemed pretty good at picking up your gestures but it wasn't all that accurate position-wise. But then it may have been just that I wasn't aiming very well. And, if I remember correctly, you had to keep your hands in the just the right position to get off a shot. It was more about timing and general direction of shots than precision aiming but then that could have been my lack of experience. We just went on it once.

I could see the Ninjago system being used to fling webs. I'd take that over some kind of gun where we just help Spider Man. You could make it challenging by having the villains move around quickly and then it's more about getting your shots off quickly and the general direction of your shots then it is about precision shooting.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

The big issue here isn't entirely the quality of the ride, but rather the similarities to TSMM right nearby. DCA desperately needs good new attractions to level itself with Disneyland, and the decision to clone a ride in the same park feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
It’s one step forward since it is replacing “It’s Tough To Be A Bug” with “It’s tough to be Spiderman”.

mccgavin

It’s one step forward since it is replacing “It’s Tough To Be A Bug” with “It’s tough to be Spiderman”.
Say what you will about Bugs Land, but it served its purpose well as an area that toddlers and younger children could enjoy. I feel like removing 4 attractions in place of a ride that is eerily similar to something already in the park is a step back, but that's just me.

DanielBB8

Say what you will about Bugs Land, but it served its purpose well as an area that toddlers and younger children could enjoy. I feel like removing 4 attractions in place of a ride that is eerily similar to something already in the park is a step back, but that's just me.
Yes, I agree it is underwhelming and likely disappointing, but it’s just the first step to the new land. In light of what Disneyland is getting, there’s no comparison. They’re getting 3 new cutting edge attractions. Let’s hope the next Marvel attraction is worthy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom