Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

aliceismad

One that is now biting them in their backside, as they realise that they still need more in the park after SW:GE opens.
I've never been to HS at anything near capacity, and I have no idea what SW:GE opening will be like. But I know I've heard complaints that there isn't enough to do at HS. HS has an abundance of shows and some people don't care for shows. Or won't so more than 1 a day. That's an issue when you have Indy, Muppets, BatB, Mermaid, Lightning, and Frozen all running in a small park. Not to mention the Disney Jr dance party, Incredible dance party, Jedi training, etc. I like shows and find HS a more relaxing park day because I can enjoy that entertainment. Who knows what it will be like post-Star Wars.

Surferboy567

I was fortunate enough to see the blueprints for the entire attraction tonight, and some plot details will be leaking soon. It looks pretty neat to me, and I can answer any questions you guys happen to have related to the floorplan :)

Well...I guess I’ll ask a question what I’m most interested in how does the preshow work exactly? Is the “going in the movie screen” effect achieved like the magic mirror over in enchanted tales with Belle? How does the load/unload work with this since it’s in the “cartoon world”

DreamfinderGuy

Well...I guess I’ll ask a question what I’m most interested in how does the preshow work exactly? Is the “going in the movie screen” effect achieved like the magic mirror over in enchanted tales with Belle? How does the load/unload work with this since it’s in the “cartoon world”
The blueprints aren’t really clear on that. The old clip show theatre from GMR is split into two, with a corridor on the right side directing the switchbacks into one of the two of them. Show doors open from the theatres into the old GMR load area which now has a multitude of switchbacks on the platform instead of the long walk to the moving stages. There also looks to be a theatre at unload based on the plans, (located roughly where the old maintenance spur used to be) which is giving me serious Norway movie vibes lol

Surferboy567

The blueprints aren’t really clear on that. The old clip show theatre from GMR is split into two, with a corridor on the right side directing the switchbacks into one of the two of them. Show doors open from the theatres into the old GMR load area which now has a multitude of switchbacks on the platform instead of the long walk to the moving stages. There also looks to be a theatre at unload based on the plans, (located roughly where the old maintenance spur used to be) which is giving me serious Norway movie vibes lol

I’m thinking after you have helped Mickey and Minnie their has to be a cool effect going back to the real world via another movie screen (man this is giving me Epic Mickey vibes which is a good thing)...big fan they went the extra mile on the continuity. I’m very interested on the plot what can you tell us regarding that? Was the attractions magazine article from a while back on point? Or has it been changed since then? I’m sure you’ll have more details even if that was the actual plot.

DreamfinderGuy

I’m thinking after you have helped Mickey and Minnie their has to be a cool effect going back to the real world via another movie screen (man this is giving me Epic Mickey vibes which is a good thing)...big fan they went the extra mile on the continuity. I’m very interested on the plot what can you tell us regarding that? Was the attractions magazine article from a while back on point? Or has it been changed since then? I’m sure you’ll have more details even if that was the actual plot.
It's pretty much exactly what Attractions Magazine said. In fact, I can provide the names of each show scene.

Load
Train Barn
Park
Tunnel Entrance
Trouble in the Tunnel
Stampede
Carnival Chaos
Twister
Tropical Torrent
Over the Falls
Culvert
Big City Snarl
Dance Studio Detour

EDIT: “Factory Frenzy” goes here, forgot to add it originally

Turnback Alley
Picnic in the Park
Unload
Exit Theatre

...Hopefully that's not classified details or anything, oops

Last edited:

Kman101

I'm stunned Jungle Cruise still exists. I assume it must get huge numbers with new visitors, and the "It's an original Walt ride" crowd. But the truth is, it's horrible. I would love to see the guest satisfaction numbers for it broken down.

Because you find it bad or horrible doesn't mean everyone else does. We all like what we like and have favorites. Maybe it's just not for you? Because you find it horrible doesn't mean it should be ripped out. Why don't any of you who want classics ripped out ever consider, you know, wanting them updated to modern standards instead?

Surferboy567

It's pretty much exactly what Attractions Magazine said. In fact, I can provide the names of each show scene.

Load
Train Barn
Park
Tunnel Entrance
Trouble in the Tunnel
Stampede
Carnival Chaos
Twister
Tropical Torrent
Over the Falls
Culvert
Big City Snarl
Dance Studio Detour
Turnback Alley
Picnic in the Park
Unload
Exit Theatre

...Hopefully that's not classified details or anything, oops

It’s so funny becuase almost all these scenes sound like actual cartoons:

“Mickey and Minnie in Big City Snarl”
“Mickey and Minnie in Carnival Chaos”

Also...if attractions magazine shared them your probably not showing off classified stuff and the like.

Very excited for the attraction, cannot wait they really need to break the silence though...we need tangible something out of Disney’s mouth. That’s the only thing that worries me but we know they are confident in the attraction.

More questions: Waterfall is a show scene I hear is their any kind of controlled descent in the attraction? Like a semi drop? Based on what you have seen how long do you think this attraction would last?

Another question: Is the unload in a different place then the load? Can’t imagine you would see the finale as you are loading.

PS: Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You unload in the city park. Don’t get it confused with the train barn ;)

DreamfinderGuy

Just realized I referred to two different things as the clip show theatre. I hope it was clear what I meant, but just in case, the clip show theatre in the queue was split into two, the old GMR finale theatre is now unload. Keep in mind these are relative locations, as GMR is pretty much entirely gone as far as infrastructure goes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don’t wanna be the one to doubt Martin’s word, but the barn labelled on the plans is just below the old GMR load dock, so around the old return track from the finale theatre to load
The vehicle doors out of the old theatre are about half way across the new “barn” area. More or less lining up with the new GWD dock edge. Let me double check.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don’t wanna be the one to doubt Martin’s word, but the barn labelled on the plans is just below the old GMR load dock, so around the old return track from the finale theatre to load
The vehicle doors out of the old theatre are about half way across the new “barn” area. More or less lining up with the new GWD dock edge. Let me double check.
I just checked. New unload does indeed take up around 3/4 of the original finale theatre area. Guests will exit by roughly walking through where the old right hand vehicle doors used to be, to a new corridor that leads to the old exit doors.

The left hand theatre vehicle doors are more or less where the “barn” entrance is for GWD and return to load cars. The GWD load/unload area is half of the old GMR return to load room that later had the TCM projections above.

It should be noted the old maintainence garage exit and associated vehicle pathway has gone. The new GWD dock and new exit corridor now use this space.

Disney Analyst

I just checked. New unload does indeed take up around 3/4 of the original finale theatre area. Guests will exit by roughly walking through where the old right hand vehicle doors used to be, to a new corridor that leads to the old exit doors.

The left hand theatre vehicle doors are more or less where the “barn” entrance is for GWD and return to load cars. The GWD load/unload area is half of the old GMR return to load room that later had the TCM projections above.

It should be noted the old maintainence garage exit and associated vehicle pathway has gone. The new GWD dock and new exit corridor now use this space.

I'm trying to remember, how much of the warehouse is being used for active attraction space compared to GMR? Based on the scene layout on the last page, there are a considerable number of scenes in this ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom