News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

nickys

Premium Member
It lines up with the rumblings I’ve heard, beyond not using Cranium Command which comes as a shock to me. These offerings sound about as terrible as Fozzie’s remote controlled banana cream pie

I don’t see what’s so bad. This is aimed at kids. So meet and greets. A play area for toddlers. Animation classes and an arcade for older ones. An interactive game and live entertainment. Enough to be a decent air conditioned break for families.

Maybe not what some would prefer, but it meets the criteria of a kids play zone.

Rowlet

I feel like every time there’s “Breaking News” from that site, it’s always logical predictions disguised as insider know-how. Of course, they always include the “things may change between now and then” disclaimer in order to salvage their “credibility” but love to brag and say “YOU SEE, WE WERE RIGHT” when it turns out in their favor. 😐

Disney Maddux

I don’t see what’s so bad. This is aimed at kids. So meet and greets. A play area for toddlers. Animation classes and an arcade for older ones. An interactive game and live entertainment. Enough to be a decent air conditioned break for families.

Maybe not what some would prefer, but it meets the criteria of a kids play zone.
Is it strange I'm nowhere near the recommended age but really excited for this?

Indy_UK

I feel like every time there’s “Breaking News” from that site, it’s always logical predictions disguised as insider know-how. Of course, they always include the “things may change between now and then” disclaimer in order to salvage their “credibility” but love to brag and say “YOU SEE, WE WERE RIGHT” when it turns out in their favor. 😐

They're a Joke of a website and he's nothing more than a grownup baby .

Last edited:

Bender123

The whole thing is “temporary”

That can either be a good thing or a bad thing...

Modular and upgradable for future updates as tech and IP changes=good. Temporary = cheap is bad.

I like the plan as of what I have heard, but now Im worried "temporary" means the "cheap" kind...

GlacierGlacier

Sounds better than the original entertainment offerings of WoL, in my opinion - that is, excluding rides. It's a great way of quarantining the Pixar characters and provides a neat space to cool off.

Phicinfan

Easy to remove.
Okay lets ask this a different way...

So this whole thing will be temporary fill in for some other attraction to come later?
Or
The current IPs and experiences will be replaced but format will remain basically the same?

Just wondering if there are still real long term big plans for WoL building or not...

ToTBellHop

So this whole thing will be temporary fill in for some other attraction to come later?
Or
The current IPs and experiences will be replaced but format will remain basically the same?

Just wondering if there are still real long term big plans for WoL building or not...
The IPs could be changed out, it opens up space that will be deemed necessary to hold guests in 2021, but it could easily change to something else in the future. There is no concrete plan on timing for the "something else" so we will see on that.

Mickey's Birthdayland was temporary.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Or

There’s short and long term plans. They’re hedging their bets and making use of an existing facility. If it’s good use is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Just remember, more Disney and more family.

MickeyMouse10

…. Yeah, this doesn't sound good at all. I'd actually rather have Cranium Command and Body Wars back. And I almost barfed up my lunch after riding the latter one.

Did Disney forget this is called Futureworld? What's with all these things that have nothing to do with the future (Guardians, Incredibles, Wreck it Ralph, Zootopia)? Come on man! For the love of Eisner, what are they doing?

Last edited:

Phicinfan

…. Yeah, this doesn't sound good at all. I'd actually rather have Cranium Command and Body Wars back. And I almost barfed up my lunch after riding the latter one.

Did Disney forget this is called Futureworld? What's with all these things that have nothing to do with the future (Guardians, Incredibles, Wreck Ralph, Zootopia)? Come on man! For the love of Eisner, what are they doing?
I would have to think it is pretty clear this WON'T be future world anymore. Maybe Festival World would be better?

RSoxNo1

Is there any truth to this? Or is it just Clickbait being Clickbait?

From Tom's """""News""""" Site:

"To no one’s surprise, the timeframe is the same as just about every project announced for Florida right now: “just in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary” in 2021. Given how deadlines were missed for the last several Florida projects (Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Toy Story Land, etc.), here’s hoping they can actually make it. The timeframe would be very close to the opening of the adjacent Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster in that same year if all goes according to plan. This is a necessity given that this entire side of Future World will be hosting thrill rides with height requirements at that point, with the Play Pavilion being the only attraction that smaller children or those averse to roller coasters and simulators can enjoy without a far walk.

Beyond the initial announcement, Disney gave no details of what will actually be inside the pavilion when it does eventually open. Well, allow us to shed some light on some of what’s under the projection-mapped dome of Future World:

• Animation Academy will return under the guidance of Edna Mode from The Incredibles. Guests will once again be able to learn how to draw Disney characters in this relocated offering that was once housed at The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • Nick and Judy from Zootopia will host an interactive game called “Hotel Heist”. You can see the entrance to this attraction on the right side of the concept art.
  • Character meet and greets for Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope, Joy and Sadness, and Baymax should find permanent homes here.
  • Adjacent to the Wreck-It Ralph meet and greet, guests will find an arcade, as well as a play area for toddlers.
  • As seen in the concept art above, live performers will take to the stage in the very center of the pavilion, roughly where the former Goofy About Health, Making of Me, and Anacomical Players stages and theaters once stood.
There are no plans to use the large show buildings for either Body Wars or Cranium Command during this initial phase. All of these offerings will be held under the main dome. Apparently, Operations still refuses to hand these spaces over Walt Disney Imagineering.

Keep in mind that things can change and several of the above offerings can still be switched to a different IP or the basic idea of each attractions altered before we get to 2021. Similar to the “Black Box” ride we told you about that’s heading to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the idea with the Play Pavilion is that all of these offerings can be altered very quickly to reflect a new intellectual property or concept. Yes, the Play Pavilion will be heavy on screens and projections as well.

For those worried that there won’t be a Festival Center now that the Play Pavilion has set up shop, don’t fret. You can read all about the plans for a new Festival Center building in our post detailing Project Gamma.

So, are you excited for Epcot’s Play Pavilion?"
Well for starters, Rise of the Resistance hasn't missed an opening deadline, and in WDW especially very well may open in the "Late fall" time frame that was originally stated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom