Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

I was more disappointed when I heard it wasn’t going to be the pendulum ride system. I can live with a simple track ride if we get some immersive sets, practical effects and well integrated screens. Is there anything someone is seeing in these blueprints that would suggest this is not possible? Or are we making assumptions based on DCAs track record recently and the fact that this ride is on a track?

britain

I was more disappointed when I heard it wasn’t going to be the pendulum ride system. I can live with a simple track ride if we get some immersive sets, practical effects and well integrated screens. Is there anything someone is seeing in these blueprints that would suggest this is not possible? Or are we making assumptions based on DCAs track record recently and the fact that this ride is on a track?

This blueprint is definitely the TSMM system. There is only room for the flat screens on the walls along the tracks.

The only glimmer of hope is that what DCA is getting ISN’T this attraction from Paris, but I’d say that is extremely unlikely.

It’s almost like someone thought that DCA should live up to its old reputation as “the cheap inferior-to-Disneyland park” rather than continue on the high quality course charted by BVS and Carsland.

Macro

The problem is that they've said all along it opens in 2020 which is very "fast track" by Disney standards. It's got to be a ride system we've already seen rather than something new. You'd think there's time for them to build some practical sets but you're highly likely to be firing webs at screens for the bulk of the "fun".

Those blueprints are just off-the-rack Midway mania. It's just back-to-back riders shooting at screens on opposite sides. You can have "Practical effects" if by that you mean more squirt guns and air blasts. But actual sets with integrated screens would be a completely different design.

Hopefully we get something like Ratatouille meets Spider Man or at least something better than that Ant Man shooter in Hong Kong. Midway Mania we already have. It better not just be the same thing with different games.

mickEblu

This blueprint is definitely the TSMM system. There is only room for the flat screens on the walls along the tracks.

The only glimmer of hope is that what DCA is getting ISN’T this attraction from Paris, but I’d say that is extremely unlikely.

Wow, if true this is terrible. In the meantime Disneyland is getting 2 E tickets and a D ticket in E tickets clothing. They re going to have to make all APs DCA only.

mickEblu

The problem is that they've said all along it opens in 2020 which is very "fast track" by Disney standards. It's got to be a ride system we've already seen rather than something new. You'd think there's time for them to build some practical sets but you're highly likely to be firing webs at screens for the bulk of the "fun".

Those blueprints are just off-the-rack Midway mania. It's just back-to-back riders shooting at screens on opposite sides. You can have "Practical effects" if by that you mean more squirt guns and air blasts. But actual sets with integrated screens would be a completely different design.

Hopefully we get something like Ratatouille meets Spider Man or at least something better than that Ant Man shooter in Hong Kong. Midway Mania we already have. It better not just be the same thing with different games.

Yeah by practical effects I meant more squirts, air blasts etc. I was hoping more of an interesting track layout. One that goes through immersive (or at least mediocre quality) sets with screens integrated well all around you including the ceiling. Not just another TSMM parking you in front of screens on a linear track.

britain

The symmetrical, narrow sets make me pretty sure this won’t be Spider-Man meets Ratatouille.

Macro

The symmetrical, narrow sets make me pretty sure this won’t be Spider-Man meets Ratatouille.
Yea, I know. I'm just holding out hope that those are the plans for Paris only and DCA gets something different.

I mean, this is Super Hero Land (or whatever they call it). Maybe they won't cheap out.

mandelbrot

You seem to be on the same page as Spielberg
I'm as big of a Spielberg fan as you'll ever find but even I acknowledge he hasn't made a great film in some time. Maybe he should get back to making great movies before crapping on contemporary blockbusters. Luv u Steve XOXO!

Phroobar

Movie genres are cyclical. They use to have superhero movies back in the 40's-50s. There were Superman and Batman serials. Even Indiana Jones like characters came from that time period. Westerns and space operas die out and are revisited. Super heroes will be replaced with something else eventually. The genre doesn't die out forever. I would love to see an old fashion gangster movie again.

DanielBB8

Spielberg made alien movies that put him on the map. They didn't exactly last as a genre and his movies are already outdated and no one cares to watch them today. Spielberg didn't put out a good dinosaur movie since Jurassic Park. His sequel Lost World was terrible especially since I read the book and knew how much better the book was. He ruined Indiana Jones 4. That was awful.

Mike S

Spielberg made alien movies that put him on the map. They didn't exactly last as a genre and his movies are already outdated and no one cares to watch them today. Spielberg didn't put out a good dinosaur movie since Jurassic Park. His sequel Lost World was terrible especially since I read the book and knew how much better the book was. He ruined Indiana Jones 5. That was awful.
You’ve seen Indy 5? Are you from the future?!?!

GIVE ME POWERBALL NUMBERS!!!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom