Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Same guy you saw Captain Marvel with?
I saw it with him on Tuesday, but then he told me he’s not ready for a relationship 🤷🏼‍♀️

So I’ve decided to not be bummed out about that, and might as well see the movie again with someone who wants to spend time getting to know me.

Life’s short, I think Tony Stark would approve.

Last edited:

Mike S

I saw it with him on Tuesday, but then he told me he’s not ready for a relationship 🤷🏼‍♀️

So I’ve decided to not be bummed out about that, and might as well see the movie again with someone who wants to spend time getting to know me.

Life’s short, I think Tony Stark would approve.
Harsh.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Opening week, before this weekend's Fri-Sun is added in...

If this has the typical 50% drop off of most movies week after week, then it will clock in at $3.5B.

But I don't think it will be typical.

doctornick

I’m a bit bothered by how they made their own glove as well. They could’ve easily just made it so they got one from the same place.

Haven't read through the whole thread yet - just saw the movie today - but the glove thing could have easily been solved if they wanted. There was an easter egg of a right handed gauntlet in Odin's treasure room in one of the Thor movies (as opposed to the left handed one that Thanos used). They could have just nabbed that while on Asgard in addition to the realty stone and Mjolnir and used it. Not only would that have worked well for logic but also would have really made it seem like the MCU was planning ahead with using it as an early easter egg.

Mike S

Haven't read through the whole thread yet - just saw the movie today - but the glove thing could have easily been solved if they wanted. There was an easter egg of a right handed gauntlet in Odin's treasure room in one of the Thor movies (as opposed to the left handed one that Thanos used). They could have just nabbed that while on Asgard in addition to the realty stone and Mjolnir and used it. Not only would that have worked well for logic but also would have really made it seem like the MCU was planning ahead with using it as an early easter egg.
That one was revealed as a fake in Ragnarok.

doctornick

I get your main point, but X-Men has been done right several times.

I would argue that they haven't.

IMHO, there have been some good movies that have had X-Men in them, but there hasn't been a good X-Men movie. Have not captured the essence of the team to date.

Last edited:

doctornick

Also regarding box office share. Just in case people forgot or dont know. Sony gets nothing from the Avengers and team up movies featuring spider-man but get 100% box office of Spider-Man standalone movies while Marvel/Disney get nothing from the standalone movies.

But Disney gets all of the merchandise money from Spider-Man, which is why revitalizing the character and in the mainstream is a huge benefit to them.

Tony Perkis

I would argue that they haven't.

IMHO, there have been some good movies that have had X-Men in them, but there hasn't been a good X-Men movie. Have not captured the essence of the team to date.
I don’t quite care about the opinions of X-men comic fans. I’ve seen most of the films. There are several great ones.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I don’t quite care about the opinions of X-men comic fans. I’ve seen most of the films. There are several great ones.
X-Men, X2, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Deadpool 2, and Logan. All great, IMO (though the first X-Men has some truly outrageous early CGI and acting choices, it’s still fun).

Whenever Disney and Marvel choose to reboot the franchise in a couple years, I’m curious to see what they do and who they cast, and what stories they develop.

bclane

Far From Home could introduce the MCU Multiverse.

That’s where i’m hoping we are headed with the MCU! Imagine the possibilities!

We live in an amazing time friends. For so many of us, our childhood fantasy, comic book, and sci-fi dreams are becoming reality on the big screen and in the parks...and there is no end in sight to this trend. The economy is doing well. We live in relative peace. Now If only we could figure out how to treat each other with a little more dignity and respect we would truly be living in a golden age.

Mike S

That’s where i’m hoping we are headed with the MCU! Imagine the possibilities!

We live in an amazing time friends. For so many of us, our childhood fantasy, comic book, and sci-fi dreams are becoming reality on the big screen and in the parks...and there is no end in sight to this trend. The economy is doing well. We live in relative peace. Now If only we could figure out how to treat each other with a little more dignity and respect we would truly be living in a golden age.
Until humans evolve past our animal instincts, don’t bet on it.

All of the problems keeping society from acting fully as one can be boiled down to pack mentality, survival of the fittest, and fighting for dominance. Just like our animal brethren. The only thing keeping us from being more at each other’s throats is the relative easy life we have compared to other inhabitants of our planet thanks to our amazing intellect and problem solving skills. We still fight, but most of us don’t have to fight as much for resources. You think it’s bad now? Just wait for a catastrophic event that could potentially take out modern society. We’ll go back to caveman behavior a lot quicker than some would like to think.

Anyway, back to Endgame. Sorry if I got too “real” there.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom