Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

flynnibus

Premium Member
captain marvel in this movie is nothing but lazy writing.

Hey... let's make our run at Thanos... BTW we can do this run at anytime we want.. and they don't reach out to captain marvel and be like "hey, I know your busy on other planets and all... but we're making a run at the stones to fix ALL of this... can you give us 5?"??

somehow finds iron man adrift...
can't be bothered to be present at the moment to try to save half the universe...
Most powerful being we've seen in the universe... yet stoneless-Thanos is still able to best her... while same Thanos is bested by human super heros...
vague generic excuses on her motives and timelines...

She's a mess

erasure fan1

I just got back, and I loved it. I thought they did a great job bringing it to a pretty solid finale. Sure there could have been a few things better explained or expanded on, but we couldn't have a 6hr movie.
That group moment in the big battle.. so forced.
This is my only complaint with the movie. It wasnt that it was "girl power" , it was just very forced, not natural at all.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
captain marvel in this movie is nothing but lazy writing.

Hey... let's make our run at Thanos... BTW we can do this run at anytime we want.. and they don't reach out to captain marvel and be like "hey, I know your busy on other planets and all... but we're making a run at the stones to fix ALL of this... can you give us 5?"??

somehow finds iron man adrift...
can't be bothered to be present at the moment to try to save half the universe...
Most powerful being we've seen in the universe... yet stoneless-Thanos is still able to best her... while same Thanos is bested by human super heros...
vague generic excuses on her motives and timelines...

She's a mess
If people didn’t see Captain Marvel, and stick around for the mid-credits scene, then her saving Tony and Nebula makes no sense. The fact that I had to put it together via context clues is not great on the Russos part:

Carol responded to the pager, stuck around for 2-3 weeks, Pepper alerted the Avengers that she was getting messages from Tony, Carol went out to deep space to find him.

Again, that was from context. But Marvel shouldn’t have had to let people come up with that on their own, that’s not great.

I’m curious to see what scenes got cut from the film, and if any of them filled in some of the gaps.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a comic book movie... not science fiction. It doesn't need to be factual - but it does need to be CONSISTENT and credible to the viewer that this makes sense.

It's the MCU - they make their own rules... but if you want people to buy-in and follow along.. you have to be CONVINCING that it all makes sense in their universe.

When that breaks down... the suspension of disbelief is broken and contradiction becomes distracting.

I’m curious what your favorite mcu movie is?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a comic book movie... not science fiction. It doesn't need to be factual - but it does need to be CONSISTENT and credible to the viewer that this makes sense.

It's the MCU - they make their own rules... but if you want people to buy-in and follow along.. you have to be CONVINCING that it all makes sense in their universe.

When that breaks down... the suspension of disbelief is broken and contradiction becomes distracting.

To have suspension of disbelief...minimal analysis is required

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sure there could have been a few things better explained or expanded on, but we couldn't have a 6hr movie.

Instead we got... Thor loves his mom... (we already knew.. didn't advance anything). An excuse for Thor to break out of his slump? Pretty boring inflection point honestly.

Tony really loves his dad... and cherrishes being a dad himself now? Was already covered in the earlier sequences where its revealed he has a kid, doesn't want to risk it, and makes it a requirement for time travel biz to not risk his kid. Again... not really needed.

Way too long selling 'The Dude' Thor... my guess this is investment in other asgard based properties for the future...

A pointless tangent about Hawkeye going vigilante...

etc. I don't think they made great investments in some of their choices for competing for runtime.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I don't think they made great investments in some of their choices for competing for runtime.
That’s going to be a fascinating list, whenever that comes out.

Steve, Thor, Tony, Clint, and Nebula all seem to have had the most screentime. In Nebula’s case, it ends up breaking into ‘Redeemed Nebula’ and ‘Bad Nebula’.

Honestly, I would have liked more Carol. We barely saw her interact with the team- and I don’t remember any interactions with Fury at the end? That seems like a missed opportunity. “Hey I named this team after you.”

Mike S

Steve, Thor, Tony, Clint, and Nebula all seem to have had the most screentime. In Nebula’s case, it ends up breaking into ‘Redeemed Nebula’ and ‘Bad Nebula’.

Honestly, I would have liked more Carol. We barely saw her interact with the team- and I don’t remember any interactions with Fury at the end? That seems like a missed opportunity. “Hey I named this team after you.”
I remember rumors that the Russos weren’t really interested in putting her in the movie at all but were almost made to.

After seeing the movie I think that may be true. They gave her the absolute bare minimum.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

Carol hasn’t earned it. It felt good to see her humbled by Thanos. Now, I believe she’ll be a better character because of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom