The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

My wife and I both wear our rings when we are out of the house and take them off when we are home together. I never thought much about what other people do.
I (she) put mine on at our wedding and never took it off again until we were officially divorced 29 years later. That said, however, that is a personal decision and not the business of anyone else. I can tell you what wearing it that long did do.... I have a noticeable indentation in my finger where the ring was located and it has been off my finger now for 19 years.

Goofyernmost

I take mine off to shower and that's it. I'm paranoid that the shampoo or soap will damage the pearls, (I opted for pearl rather than diamond) and when I was engaged before, my ring was too big and I was afraid it would slip off my finger in the shower and go down the drain. So I always took it off...it's habit for me now. But, the guy I was engaged to...we went to his brother's wedding. His parents were insistent that I had to be there, and they were driving down, I could just ride with them. I should have declined, but I was young and naive, so I said sure. They noticed my ring on the counter when I took a shower, and his mom and grandma lectured me for 2 hours about taking the ring off...how it's a symbol of your love and that just can't be removed. And how their rings had never been off their fingers except during labor/delivery of their children when it was required by the hospital and they had to cut them off their fingers, and bla bla bla. It was apparently "disrespectful" to ever remove the ring. I thought it would be more disrespectful if I lost it, but whatever. I still take my rings off when I get in the shower.
A number of years after they were married my father was able to spend a large amount of money for a new Diamond studded ring for my mother. After he died she was cleaning the bathroom and took her ring off and wrapped it in some tissue. After she was done she collected the trash from the bathroom and apparently picked up the tissue and accidentally threw it away. By the time she realized what she had done, the trash had been picked up and it was gone forever. She never expressed many things that she regretted, but, that was the one that she talked about. It broke her heart that it was gone. After that she made sure the there would only be one location where she would remove any jewelry in the future. It was no place near any trash baskets and was never wrapped up with anything.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm not ignoring anybody but my internet is better but still spotty. Great job on the shirts @MySmallWorldof4, Sorry you're home @ajrwdwgirl and @Songbird76 yourself and your dd may want to look into a sewing/craft magazine called Knipmode patterns go from I believe European 34 to 54 so much better than the big 4 and Burda has free Disney craft patterns on most of their sites check by country

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm not ignoring anybody but mr Ferret as he keeps trying to bankrupt me. Great job on the shirts @MySmallWorldof4, Sorry you're home @ajrwdwgirl and @Songbird76 yourself and your dd may want to look into a sewing/craft magazine called Knipmode patterns go from I believe European 34 to 54 so much better than the big 4 and Burda has free Disney craft patterns on most of their sites check by country
FTFY

SteveBrickNJ

I (she) put mine on at our wedding and never took it off again until we were officially divorced 29 years later. That said, however, that is a personal decision and not the business of anyone else. I can tell you what wearing it that long did do.... I have a noticeable indentation in my finger where the ring was located and it has been off my finger now for 19 years.
This Dec. will be our 20th anniversary. I guess years ago we both felt it was more comfortable at home without a ring on. @MinnieM123 said something similar I believe. We proudly wear our rings out in public so everyone knows "we are taken". We have no need to wear them at home. We don't need to wear a ring to let each other know we still love each other.
On a practical level, I'd rather wash dishes, handle pulling clothes out of the washing machine, massage my scalp during shampooing...I'd rather do all those things without a ring on my finger.
That's just me, but if my wife was on this forum she'd probably agree with all I've posted here.

Goofyernmost

This Dec. will be our 20th anniversary. I guess years ago we both felt it was more comfortable at home without a ring on. @MinnieM123 said something similar I believe. We proudly wear our rings out in public so everyone knows "we are taken". We have no need to wear them at home. We don't need to wear a ring to let each other know we still love each other.
On a practical level, I'd rather wash dishes, handle pulling clothes out of the washing machine, massage my scalp during shampooing...I'd rather do all those things without a ring on my finger.
That's just me, but if my wife was on this forum she'd probably agree with all I've posted here.
I never thought of it as a public display of anything, to me it was always a sign of commitment between us. It was when my wife started to not wear it that I knew the end was near. The commitment was gone and soon so was our marriage, but, that is an individual story not necessarily the reason or implication that it holds for others.

SteveBrickNJ

I never thought of it as a public display of anything, to me it was always a sign of commitment between us. It was when my wife started to not wear it that I knew the end was near. The commitment was gone and soon so was our marriage, but, that is an individual story not necessarily the reason or implication that it holds for others.
Well I completely understand. I hope this topic has not caused you any sadness.

StarWarsGirl

The price difference between AOA isnt worth over the POP and similars, right?
Right. And they have fewer Little Mermaid rooms (standard rooms) over the suites, so they tend to run higher.

Pop on the other hand is worth it over the All Stars if for no other reason that they have queen size beds and some kings. So I'll either get a room with a queen and won't bother flipping down the other bed, or I'll end up with a king bed.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I’m going to put in my two cents on the ring conversation....,

I only wear my rings when I leave the house my husband does the same. We both leave them in the same spot everyday so they don’t get lost. Neither of us are jewelry people so wearing them all the time isn’t our deal. Usually when I come home I take it off and put it in its spot, it just feels like something I take off when I come home like shoes or a certain ladies garment.

I only get concerned about losing it if I’m at a hotel but I always put it by something I’m not bound to forget like my phone or keys. If I go out in public without my rings I do feel weird and “naked”. I actually haven’t worn my engagement ring in about two years, one of the prongs on the diamond is bent and neither of us have gotten around to taking it in to get fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom