The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Did this ever happen to you or someone you know?.......

When I arrive home from being out anywhere, I take off my wedding band, pull out my wallet and keys....all three items go in a "special" cabinet in the kitchen.
Yet the last three days my wedding band won't come off right away. I have to wait 15 minutes or longer after being inside and then I can get it off. I haven't gained weight. My weight is stable.
Thoughts on that anyone?
I had that happen once when I had too much sodium intake. It also seems to happen when the weather gets warmer and I retain more water. For me it's when I first get up in the morning.

Songbird76

Another mom from dd’s team came over to help with ironing on the vinyl cut outs I made yesterday. I mastered bordering letters. I just want to keep making more cutouts. It is addicting! :hilarious: Here is a sample.
View attachment 367195
Make some Disney shirts? I've been looking at shirts on Etsy, but most shops don't ship internationally. But there are some great ideas on there!

Songbird76

Wow. That was 2 years ago? Feels like yesterday.
Yeah, it really doesn't feel like that long ago. March of 2017. 2017 was a very bad year for us...that was also the year that everything went downhill for DS. It all seems so fresh...I'm guessing it will be a while before we can feel better about it. We're cautiously optimistic now, but the bad memories are still really close to the surface.

But the BINGO was awesome, and it was a great distraction from what was otherwise a rotten situation. I wish I could go back every year.

Songbird76

I used to wear mine all the time and then I ended up getting a fungus where my band was. Lack of the skin being able to always fully dry out after showering, doing dishes, sweat, etc. Itched like heck. I had a pretty red ring on my finger then. I had to not wear it for a week and it healed. Since then, I only wear it out or when people come over.
I take mine off to shower and that's it. I'm paranoid that the shampoo or soap will damage the pearls, (I opted for pearl rather than diamond) and when I was engaged before, my ring was too big and I was afraid it would slip off my finger in the shower and go down the drain. So I always took it off...it's habit for me now. But, the guy I was engaged to...we went to his brother's wedding. His parents were insistent that I had to be there, and they were driving down, I could just ride with them. I should have declined, but I was young and naive, so I said sure. They noticed my ring on the counter when I took a shower, and his mom and grandma lectured me for 2 hours about taking the ring off...how it's a symbol of your love and that just can't be removed. And how their rings had never been off their fingers except during labor/delivery of their children when it was required by the hospital and they had to cut them off their fingers, and bla bla bla. It was apparently "disrespectful" to ever remove the ring. I thought it would be more disrespectful if I lost it, but whatever. I still take my rings off when I get in the shower.

12in12

Good morning! I am still spending most waking hours on these shirts! I figured out how to border letters last night so I can have glitter letters on top of black. I had to use an app to do that and then upload to the Cricut software. This is really some project I undertook. One mom is going to come over and help to iron this afternoon. Hoping to be at that point today. Wish me luck.
I hope everyone will appreciate your hard work.

Rista1313

I take mine off to shower and that's it. I'm paranoid that the shampoo or soap will damage the pearls, (I opted for pearl rather than diamond) and when I was engaged before, my ring was too big and I was afraid it would slip off my finger in the shower and go down the drain. So I always took it off...it's habit for me now. But, the guy I was engaged to...we went to his brother's wedding. His parents were insistent that I had to be there, and they were driving down, I could just ride with them. I should have declined, but I was young and naive, so I said sure. They noticed my ring on the counter when I took a shower, and his mom and grandma lectured me for 2 hours about taking the ring off...how it's a symbol of your love and that just can't be removed. And how their rings had never been off their fingers except during labor/delivery of their children when it was required by the hospital and they had to cut them off their fingers, and bla bla bla. It was apparently "disrespectful" to ever remove the ring. I thought it would be more disrespectful if I lost it, but whatever. I still take my rings off when I get in the shower.

Old school. I take mine off only for putting lotion on and if I'm going to mix something with my hands like meatloaf mix or dough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom