News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

Also it would be very stupid for a random droid to be suddenly able to summon the Falcon when in the entire history of STAR WARS it takes a actual pilot in the cockpit to make the Falcon fly. Also very stupid if they have the physical Falcon be parked then in the show building fly from that spot via a random droid to park in another spot. If that was the goal and if the exit is via a port and ADA exits via an elevator it would have made more sense for the physical flacon to be inside the show building and you enter via the ramp except for ADA which take am elevator. If the they take an elevator to exit the ride then they could take an elevator to enter it and everyone else go up the iconic ramp. Again, Disney has NO IDEA HOW YO HANDLE STAR WARS.

Oh, for crying out loud! We've been discussing this LITERALLY for years. The "iconic ramp" doesn't meet code, ADA notwithstanding. It's too steep. It's not practical and not possible. SO FORGET ABOUT THE FREAKING RAMP!!!

Waaaahhhh, I didn't get to walk up the ramp! You sound like me when I was five years old and wouldn't believe that you couldn't visit the Forbidden Forest from the Babes in Toyland set when it was in the Opera House. There was a sign in the side corridor with an arrow pointing to the Forbidden Forest, when it was really just the emergency exit. I refused to believe it wasn't really there. But I was five years old. What's your excuse?

VJ

Anyways I like the way they explained it at Celebration. They wanted the story to be about you and your adventure. If they had built a planet from one of the early movies then the story would have been around the characters/experience from that planet not about your adventure.
i like that part too; that's why i can personally justify the land's placement in the canon, you're not just passively watching a story happen to luke or leia or whoever, it's a story happening to you

SSG

From Laughing Place:

Today’s #GalaxysEdge merchandise display highlights Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, which sells artifacts from the entire history of the #StarWars galaxy like this bust of General Grievous. #StarWarsCelebration
D4NK1osX4AEEecJ.jpg

D4NK1osWkAErFKc.jpg

D4NK1opXsAEfI-r.jpg

SSG

StarWars.com is pushing the upcoming Galaxy's Edge comic. Sounds interesting.

Marvel’s upcoming Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge series will take us inside the infamous outpost. The comic, which ties to the upcoming Star Wars-themed land of the same name, sounds like an essential read for those excited about visiting. “It’s a five-issue series,” said Matt Martin, “and it will introduce you to Dok-Ondar, who is the antiquarian at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.” The book will show how Dok-Ondar came into possession of some of the artifacts we’ll soon see for ourselves, in person. But one item might not be safe. “There is a criminal gang out to plot a heist for a very specific object there,” Ethan Sacks teased.

Marvel's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge art

Black Spire Outpost, as it appears in the comic, is impossibly accurate to its real-world inspiration. While showing a spread of the Star Wars-themed land in the comic, Sacks said the creative team worked with the Lucasfilm Story Group and Walt Disney Imagineering to get it right. “A lot of what you see — the settings and the people, are straight out of the park. It’s very authentic.”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
StarWars.com is pushing the upcoming Galaxy's Edge comic. Sounds interesting.

Marvel’s upcoming Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge series will take us inside the infamous outpost. The comic, which ties to the upcoming Star Wars-themed land of the same name, sounds like an essential read for those excited about visiting. “It’s a five-issue series,” said Matt Martin, “and it will introduce you to Dok-Ondar, who is the antiquarian at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.” The book will show how Dok-Ondar came into possession of some of the artifacts we’ll soon see for ourselves, in person. But one item might not be safe. “There is a criminal gang out to plot a heist for a very specific object there,” Ethan Sacks teased.

Marvel's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge art's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge art

Black Spire Outpost, as it appears in the comic, is impossibly accurate to its real-world inspiration. While showing a spread of the Star Wars-themed land in the comic, Sacks said the creative team worked with the Lucasfilm Story Group and Walt Disney Imagineering to get it right. “A lot of what you see — the settings and the people, are straight out of the park. It’s very authentic.”
This is what we call Corporate Synergy.... :p

Glad to see Disney going back to its roots, where each part of the org flows into each other.

Seriously I'm glad they'll be putting out a comic, it'll fill in the gaps for those that need to have more backstory.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
However, while this is a new planet, the characters and experiences are based off existing characters (in this case all during the time period of the sequel trilogy). In that regard it very well could've been about "your adventure" but had you encounter Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Jabba, or The Emperor. Instead we get Kylo Ren and modern cartoon character. If they wanted to go all in on the new adventure idea they shouldn't have made it such an obvious promotion of their new films (or even any existing films for that matter). The land should have either been all things Star Wars old and new or a brand new area with its own set of characters, not the mish mash it is now.

Except its not really, its about you and your experiences on this new planet. Its not about what happened on Tatooine or Endor, or any other planet already known. Its about a planet no one has seen before and having experiences never had before in any Star Wars story. So while you do encounter some familiar faces from both the new trilogy and the old ones, its really about you. Its meant to be a little bit of everything for all people no matter if they are deep into the Star Wars universe or have never seen a movie.

VJ

Is it bad that I honestly see the new soda "cans" as just being a way to give you less soda than a traditional bottle for the same price? I have a feeling no one will be bothered as people will think the containers "look cool' and not notice they are paying 4 bucks for less soda than a normal bottle.
here's where that theory kinda falls apart: they sure spent a lot of money on creating a new bottle design for something that's supposed to lead to lower costs

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is it bad that I honestly see the new soda "cans" as just being a way to give you less soda than a traditional bottle for the same price? I have a feeling no one will be bothered as people will think the containers "look cool' and not notice they are paying 4 bucks for less soda than a normal bottle.

Except Coke already does this, not sure why people have a hard time understanding this.

Coke sells their 8oz aluminum bottle for $1.99 while you can get a 16oz can for $1.19 and a 20oz bottle for $1.99 at most stores. And yet parents buy the smaller size because they want their kids to drink less soda.

Phroobar

Except Coke already does this, not sure why people have a hard time understanding this.

Coke sells their 8oz aluminum bottle for $1.99 while you can get a 16oz can for $1.19 and a 20oz bottle for $1.99 at most stores. And yet parents buy the smaller size because they want their kids to drink less soda.
If parents didn't want fat kids they wouldn't buy any soda at all.

A great way to lose weight is to stop drinking soda. It hard because of the withdrawal but the pounds melt off really quickly.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I see. Hopefully they can use this "new planet" set up to eventually change the time period to allow classic characters to be a part of Star Wars Land instead of characters from movies that came out 3 years ago.

Not sure why they would do that. This was explained at Celebration, its a launching off point to build new stories with new characters and new adventures for YOU not rehash old characters adventures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom