The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Am I the only one in the world who doesn't love Five Guys and thinks it's over priced?
I wholeheartedly agree. When I did partake in eating red meat, I hated that their buns were always deformed. We did get it a few months back for the kids. Got 2 single patty burgers and 2 grilled cheeses. With the order of fries the price made my jaw drop. We may as well should have gone to Red Robin or Fuddrucker’s.

MySmallWorldof4

Hi all! Just wanted to share my proud mamma moment, and say thanks to all of you who listened and contributed thoughts on T’s wax museum project.

He finally received his grade, last night. ❤

View attachment 363754
Yay! So awesome! Hope you have a celebration dinner planned. What is happening for his bday? I remember it is in April, but can’t remember the date.

MySmallWorldof4

So I apparently have a guardian angel. DD's friend's birthday was yesterday, and she invited DD over today to celebrate, but DD forgot to mention it and didn't have a gift. She had musical theater last night, so I whipped up some earrings really quickly, but she also wanted to give this girl a gift certificate for books, because she loves to read. So I went to work last night, and there was this guy who I was ticked at because he spent 45 minutes in the bathroom on his phone (we aren't allowed to have our phones on the work floor), which meant that we didn't get everything done on time. We were only 10 minutes late, but on Friday night, everyone just wants to start their weekend.

So I called DH to say we were done and ask him to come pick me up. Well I can thank Mr. Phone man, because when DH picked me up, he asked me if I had any cash to give DD to buy the gift certificate, and I said I didn't think so. So he said he needed to get cash to buy cake to take to work (tradition here to get some sort of treat to share at work, etc on your birthday), and we should stop by the ATM on our way home. The ATM is in this little brick building next to the Albert Heijn and Aldi....it's a little strip mall with a drug store and bakery and the 2 grocery stores. The little building has the ATM and then a transformer thing for electricity.

So we got to the intersection by the stores, which are just around the corner from our house. Just as we were getting to the intersection, an ambulance went rushing by, lights flashing. We turned into the parking lot and found a bunch of people standing there, police, fire trucks, ambulance, the ATM building is reduced to a smoking rubble. Some idiots tried to break in to steal money by using a gasoline bomb and blew up the entire building. No cash withdrawl for us. Then of course, they were looking for the idiots who did it, so there were police helicopters circling over our house half the night so I couldn't sleep. No one was injured in the explosion, but if I hadn't been 10 minutes late getting out of work, we would have been right there when it exploded. My neighbor was walking past....he was only about 40 feet from it when it blew. He saw 2 young guys flee on a scooter, so those were probably the morons who did it...they probably had no idea how big the explosion would be. Apparently it could be heard all over town...I'm surprised I didn't hear anything, but my work is on the outskirts of town.

View attachment 363753
View attachment 363756

They had the whole area taped off and guarded this morning when I went to work.
View attachment 363757

They were cleaning up, but then they thought there might be more explosive material in the area, so they ended up evacuating all the stores there...no grocery shopping, and no grand re-opening of the Aldi today as planned. Its windows were broken in the explosion and now they have to reschedule the opening for after they get that all fixed.

View attachment 363759

Only the last two pictures are mine...the first ones were ones I found on a news site. I couldn't get up close to take any pictures since it was all taped off. The closer up one I took I just zoomed in, so it's not the greatest picture, but you can see the window of the Aldi there is smashed. I can't get around to the other side to see if the front windows were broken as well, but if it smashed that side window, I'm betting the front doors, which are only feet from the ATM, were toast.
That is unreal! It very well could have been divine intervention. I always wonder if when I am driving and there is a slowpoke in front of me, if they are put there on purpose. So instead of getting annoyed I will just take deep breaths and remember it is best to get somewhere safe and not in a hurry. Ok, all bets are off when it is time to drive to Disney. ;)

93boomer

Premium Member
If you haven’t done the After Dark in MK, it was totally worth it to us. After the crowds yesterday, it was empty last night. We got on all the rides we wanted several times. They also gave out popcorn, water, soft drinks, and all the ice cream you could eat. We would definitely do it again. We enjoyed it more than the Halloween party. 😉

Goofyernmost

Nope. We don't have it here, and I've only ever been to one in Florida, but I wasn't impressed. I really don't like their fries at all.
I like 5 guys and I go there probably 2 times per year. The burgers are really good and it seems to be the only place where I can get grilled onions on them. (I love grilled onions.) And I can grab a paper dish full of peanuts and eat half while I wait for my order to arrive. I don't usually get fries unless I am with someone then I will share one serving that is more then enough for two people. For dessert I have the last half of the peanuts.

MySmallWorldof4

If you haven’t done the After Dark in MK, it was totally worth it to us. After the crowds yesterday, it was empty last night. We got on all the rides we wanted several times. They also gave out popcorn, water, soft drinks, and all the ice cream you could eat. We would definitely do it again. We enjoyed it more than the Halloween party. 😉
Glad you liked it and felt you got your moneys worth. So was it literally empty? Were there wait times on rides?

12in12

I'm a bit behind on the thread but will try and catch up.
I did 2 overnights at work this week, plus my regular 58 hours so I'm tired. There is a blow up mattress at work but it's nearly impossible to get a good night's sleep on it.
I did get to leave work slightly early since I'm flying to Amsterdam today to celebrate my mother's birthday this weekend.
I got to Heathrow early enough to treat myself to a quick dinner before my flight. I hardly ever go out to eat but after my long week I felt I deserved it. I even got a fancy drink to go with dinner, it was green so pretty sure that counts as my vegetables for the day.
Now I'm waiting for my flight to board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom