The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

My DD picks Cheese Cake factory frequently for celebrations. We all love it. I love their Kobe Burger and their Jambalaya. Plus you can walk Woodfield and buy some Garrett popcorn. What month is the convention?

$200 a night isn't bad if it is their tower, the garden wing type of rooms, well we switched rooms. There are also loft rooms where you have a living room area downstairs and a bedroom upstairs in a loft looking over the great room. All I can remember is my son about 8 years old then dropping GI Joes off the railing onto the sleeper sofa below. They have nice indoor/outdoor pools and a quaint retro brick walkway street of yesteryear similar to the one in the Science and Industry in downtown Chicago. They have put some money into Pheasant Run since I've stayed there. We use to visit there about once a summer when my kids were little for weekend getaways. While I was there for a convention I stayed in the Tower and if you do stalk and it becomes available like on priceline make sure it is the Tower.

We will be there in just a few weeks... the weekend of May 2-5 and we will definitely be hitting up Garretts! Usually we go to Schaumburg in August for a knitting convention called stitches midwest, but we are skipping this year.

Rista1313

I do. The Schaumburg area has the best food spots. @Rista1313 I wholeheartedly agree if youre in the area again try Kumas Corner. They were rated in the top five for Burgers in all of Chicagoland, just know it is LOUD in there vs Cheesecake Factory.

And FYI @MouseDreaming Kinfolk was really good but they have gone out of business, noticed that last week.

If it's loud then I'll probably have to pass... hubby gets super sensitive when indoor restaurants are too loud, and ends up running out by the end of the meal because he can't take it anymore. But yet, he has no problem at places like Disney where it's always loud.

MouseDreaming

MouseDreaming

I do. The Schaumburg area has the best food spots. @Rista1313 I wholeheartedly agree if youre in the area again try Kumas Corner. They were rated in the top five for Burgers in all of Chicagoland, just know it is LOUD in there vs Cheesecake Factory.

And FYI @MouseDreaming Kinfolk was really good but they have gone out of business, noticed that last week.
Darn. Never did get over there. My next foodie stop may have to be the new BBQ place. With all the new places going over on that side, how is Hooters still open?

MouseDreaming

I didn't know that!!! Only the one in Chicago is on their website. It will be on our list.
Well, now I have to check. Maybe it was a ground breaking. It was big news, because Donny was there. Since he lives in town, makes sense he would attend.

Ok, just looked, and I got a little ahead of myself. The groundbreaking was last month. I guess I got confused, because ground breaking isn't usually such a big thing. So, look for that in the near future.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you for keeping the white carp up there. Although, my DD's friend told me this morning there is a little snowflake on the Sunday weather report. I always say, we are good for one more snow before Easter, and Easter is late this year.

I do try to be helpful...😜 I hope if you do get snow there isn't much and it melts quickly. Ours hopefully will be gone by Tuesday.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well, now I have to check. Maybe it was a ground breaking. It was big news, because Donny was there. Since he lives in town, makes sense he would attend.

Ok, just looked, and I got a little ahead of myself. The groundbreaking was last month. I guess I got confused, because ground breaking isn't usually such a big thing. So, look for that in the near future.

I ate at Wahlburgers a couple months ago at the Mall of America and it was fine. We enjoyed our meal and burgers but Five Guys is better. Actually our local bar has better burgers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom