The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping Disney & Fox could reboot Percy Jackson even as a tv series.
The books are amazing ! This could be the next harry potter franchise.

It would have to be TV and not film, considering how the two movies did...

There was a reason this franchise wasn't mentioned...

Darkprime

Ronan is still alive and says hell come back so they have that unresolved plot thread
Black Widow is looking like a prequel, Eternals set thousands of years in the past. Shang-Chi could be a mix of past and present. Captain Marvel 2 could be late late 90s or early 2000's. Fantastic Four and X-Men could easily be prequels. Its an certainly interesting route they could take.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ronan is still alive and says hell come back so they have that unresolved plot thread
Black Widow is looking like a prequel, Eternals set thousands of years in the past. Shang-Chi could be a mix of past and present. Captain Marvel 2 could be late late 90s or early 2000's. Fantastic Four and X-Men could easily be prequels. Its an certainly interesting route they could take.

Not to mention changed timelines or multiple dimensions... and shaking them all up.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Most likely it would be a Freeform series.
I doubt it, but we’ll see if it happens at all.

Freeform in my opinion will likely stay Disney and independent content with very little cross-over for Fox content, which will likely stay on FX and FXX. We’ll actually find out May 14th on all the channels futures.

Although it’s funny Freeform was called Fox Family Channel for 3 years before Disney bought it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Really because I recall seeing Family Guy airing on Freeform next Wednesday.
I did say “very little cross-over”, I didn’t say “no cross-over”. I also said it was my opinion. So I’m still not expecting 100s of Fox properties to all of a sudden to start showing up on Freeform.

You have to remember that at least for the time being Fox TV stations still have contracts with Fox Television Studios. Meaning they still have to produce Fox programs for Fox TV for awhile.

bartholomr4

https://www.businessinsider.com/top...-plus-ahead-of-disney-investor-day-ubs-2019-4

In a report released Sunday, UBS raised what it considered the most important questions Disney must answer Thursday at its investor day.

The biggest are below (link above if you want to read the article):
  • How fast will Disney Plus grow?
  • How much will Disney Plus cost?
  • How much will Disney spend on original content for Disney Plus?
  • How much content licensing is being pulled from third parties and what is the pacing?
  • How does Hulu fit into the DTC plans?

Indy_UK

I'd agree with those questions.

I think with it being a 3 hour event they surely are going to do a live demonstration of the service and how everything will work with the Fox integration too

Darkprime

https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-studios-has-a-5-year-phase-4-plan-that-probably-1833888644?IR=T

Feige on Phase 4 and the Fox rights reverting to Marvel. Sounds like Phase 4 is pretty much set.

“It’ll be a while,” Feige told io9 when asked about bringing the X-Men into the MCU. “It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

“The slate that we’re building over the next five years [is] not apples to apples,” he said when asked to compare the past and the future. “It is two very distinct things and I hope they’ll feel very distinct. But there is a similar mentality going into it, which is ‘How can we continue to tell stories with some of the characters that audiences already know and love in a unique way, in a different way, in surprising way, of which we have a lot of plans and ideas and work already going into it?’ [Then] ‘How can we introduce new characters that even hardcore fans, comic fans, have barely known or barely heard of.’ That’s really exciting too.”

Cesar R M

Comcast is one the the companies Americans love to hate. I’ve heard many horror stories about their customer service.

It’s an older link sir, but it checks out:
Considering the current scandals at EA and its abuse of employees. I wonder how long until they again regain spot #1.

Cesar R M

Speaking of names. What will be the final take on the names, logos and other usage now that Disney owns the right?

Will they keep the internal in-movie logos just like Disney did with other groups like Marvel?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Speaking of names. What will be the final take on the names, logos and other usage now that Disney owns the right?

Will they keep the internal in-movie logos just like Disney did with other groups like Marvel?

If you're referring to the 20th Century Fox branding, then by all accounts it'll remain mostly in place. It'll be similar to when they owned Miramax.

brodie999

Kind of figured that, but there was always hope they might dangle a few of the X-Men or F4 characters into Phase 4.
I agree. This makes me feel like prequels are the direction Marvel Studios wants to go after the success of Captain America: TFA and Captain Marvel. I wonder who the main hero of the MCU WWI film will be. Anyone got any ideas? I bet it'll be an Invaders film with Namor and Union Jack. Except Captain America and Bucky aren't a part of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom